[APP] 100 Pushups - Beta - Stage1 - 0.1.9 [23/07/2010]

Search This thread

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
As requested I have begun development on a windows mobile version of a program on the iphone called "100 Pushups"
Web Link: http://www.hundredpushups.com/.
The idea of the application is to put you on a 6 week program which will lead you to being able to perform 100 push-ups. This is achieved by performing so many reps, for so many sets, 3 times a week. At the end of each week you will be tested on how many you can do and then a program is worked out for the following week. You can track your progress via bar charts and logs.

GUI PREVIEW VERSION ADDED. SEE POST #115
-(UPDATED 20-09-2010)

There will be 3 stages of the development of the program.

Stage 1 - Functionality.
At this point all I am concerned about is "does it work?". This means the GUI will probably look rubbish but the idea is to ensure the program is doing as it should.

Stage 2 - GUI
Once I'm happy with stage 1 I will begin developing a nice GUI to make a better user experience and to make the program look half decent :D

Stage 3 - Final

This is the point where I will start adding people's request/suggestions, fine tuning etc. Once done the version will then end Beta and become final build.

See Post 2 for changes log

Requirements:
.Net 3.5 for Windows Mobile
Developed for Windows Mobile 6.5.3. Not sure if it will work on anything less.

Example on how to use
Lets say you start this program on a Sunday
Sunday - Perform as many "good form" push-ups as you can and enter value.
Monday - Do first day Program.
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Do second day program.
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Do third day program.
Saturday - Rest
Repeat.
Using the above example, every time you get to Sunday you will be required to enter a new value. This will set the program up for the next weeks training.

NOTE: First Release - Please take the following under consideration before testing.
# This is at Stage 1 so yes it will look rubbish! lol
# The "Good Form" button is disabled at the moment so pushing it will do nothing.
# If the program is in first run mode i.e no push-ups have been logged, pushing the graphs button will display random data. This is just for beta testing.
# This was developed and tested on the HTC HD2 only. I'm not sure what it will look like on other devices as I have none to test with.
# Upon first launch a log file will be created in \My Documents\PushupLog\. I suggest backing this up when trying new versions of this program as it contains all your progress!
# The Graph may not display correctly on other devices and I'm already working on fixing that.
# To clear all the data simply delete the log file located in "\My Documents\Pushuplog\log"

NOTES FOR STAGE 1 BETA TESTERS
If you press the menu button you will notice a sub menu called Debug. Here is an explanation on what the options are.
# Reset Timer - In the "Todays Program" screen, pushing this buttons will set the rest timer to 2 seconds. This is if you wish to quickly skip through the rest periods.
# Maximize - Basically just makes the program full screen (covers top task bar).
# No Limit - Check this if you want the program to ignore when you can perform the next program.

IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM VERSION 0.1.7 OR BELOW PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING
# Uninstall previous version.
# Go into "\Program Files" folder and delete folder "Pushups". There also maybe a file in the "\Program Files" folder called "100 push-ups - beta", delete this too.
# Go to "\My Documents" and delete the folder named "PushupLog"

Attachments

• Pushups_Setup_0.1.9.CAB
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Release Log

# 0.1.9 [23/07/2010]
- Added "No Limit" option to Debug menu. Pressing this will cause the application to ignore rest periods between programs. i.e You don't have to wait a day before continuing.

# 0.1.8 [22/07/2010]
- Fixed various issues with resetting log.
- Fixed Graph layout.
- Fixed issue where entering a test value and then resetting the log to a forward date would cause the wrong push-up program to be loaded.
- After performing a test and entering a value, the program will now not allow you to continue with "Todays Program" until 24 hours has passed.
- After completing push-up program for today, you must wait a day before continuing to the next program. This is so you get enough rest.
- After performing a test and entering a value, the new weeks program is added to the calender. Resetting the log will also update calender (not fully tested).
- Added basic Log View which can be accessed via "Logs and Graphs" button.
- Pushing "Rep Completed" button will cause "Perform X Pushups" text to change to "Rest Period".

# 0.1.7 [18/07/2010]
- Reset now only enabled in Main screen
- Fixed issue where entering Test value and then resetting log forward a day, causes you to enter test value again.
- Fixed issue where partially completing today's program and then returning back cause's the display of completed reps to be incorrect.

# 0.1.6 [17/07/2010]
- Complete re-write of log recording. (You old log file will be ignored if present)
- Added "Reset Log" to menu button.
- Added feature to reset log progress back and forward to any given week and week day. To reset log just select "Week 1 and Day 1".
- On first run, if you enter more than 20 on the test screen the program will move you to week 3 :)
- Short cuts now in "Programs Folder" and "Start Menu"
- Program now remembers what set you was doing if you leave "Today's program" and then return back to it. NOTE: this only works while the program is running. You must restart sets again if you close the application.

# 0.1.5.40968 [13/07/2010]
- Removed top and bottom grey tabs to improve layout for low res screens.
- Added Menu button
- Moved Debug --> Rest Timer to Menu button
- Added Maximize to Debug in Menu button. Pressing this will maximize the application which hides the top bar in windows mobile. Press this button again to go back to normal view.
- Added Exit button to Menu button
- Added count down timer sound for stop watch/rest timer. Should kick in at about 6 seconds remaining :)
- Moved return button to bottom right

# 0.1.4.37187 [12/07/2010]
- Fixed various issues with logging.
- Fixed issue where entering test value and then exiting "Todays Program" will cause you to enter test value again.
- Fixed error occurring when repeatedly pressed "Reps Completed".
- Fixed error occurring when pressing "Return" button while rest timer is activated.
- Developed at 240 x 260 resolution so hopefully any display greater will work ok.

- Added debug Menu with item "Rest Timer". NOTE: Checking this item at the main screen will set the rest timer to always be 2 seconds. This is for people beta testing that want to speed up the rest periods.

# 0.1.3.11738 - [12/07/2010]
- Fixed error occurring when pressing return button on test screen.

# 0.1.2.41712 - [11/07/2010]
- Slight performance increase - switching screens is a little smoother
- A little GUI tweak to get a ruff idea of GUI layout
- After Completing a days program, if you try to do another a message is shown suggesting a days rest.
- Good Form button disabled - not implemented yet.

# 0.1.1.24890 - [10/07/2010]
- Fixed "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" which occurred after entering test result

# 0.1.0.23190 - [08/07/2010]
- First Release

Known Issues
Pressing the Return button on "Todays Program" will cause an error. Don't press it!
Pressing the completed button repeatedly on "Todays Program" may cause an error
This is being developed using a HTC HD2 so smaller screens may see error's with layout. Will try to fix this.

Last edited:

donbing

Jun 29, 2009
interested

Hi, is the source available for this? i'd be interested in contributing if it is.

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
thanks for the interest donbing :)
Sadly I would have to say the source is not available. It's a nice small project for myself and I would like to see it through like this. Once completed, I may think about releasing the source.

If you have any idea's you wish to cntribute then I'm all ears! :)

Also, if you fancy doing a similar project like this, there is also a similar app called "200 Situps". Basically works the same but you do situps and not push ups. I could easily modify my program to do this but if you fancy doing it then go for it. I would gladly use it :)

housert

Aug 15, 2008
Ok, I installed the tool.

It starts, but thats about it. On my first run, i got an unexpected error.
ArgumentOutOfRangeException.

On the second run, i got ObjectDisposedException. This happened after pressing "completed" in the "todays program" page.

Hope this helps.

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Excellant!!! bugs is what I'm after lol

Ok when you first run it you should get a screen with 3 buttons like so

Todays Program

Logs and Gaphs

Good Form

When you click Todays program it should come up with the test screen and asking you to perform some push ups and enter a value. Enter the value, press OK and it should take you to a screen for your first program.

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
For the first run problem, I just installed a new ROM on my phone and installed the program and now I am having the same problem. Will have a look tonight and hopefully post a fix, if not then tomorrow latest.

As for the problem when pushing the 'Completed' Button, does that occour when you first push the button or the last time you push it? Seem to work fine on my phone.

Last edited:

igi0n

Apr 27, 2010
For the first run problem, I just installed a new ROM on my phone and installed the program and now I am having the same problem. Will have a look tonight and hopefully post a fix, if not then tomorrow latest.

As for the problem when pushing the 'Completed' Button, does that occour when you first push the button or the last time you push it? Seem to work fine on my phone.

Got some bugs for you;

first thing is: The goodform button doesn't work, i don't know for what it is used but it doesn't do anything. second of all; the graphs tab just shows some random pushups :p third: It doesnt say how much push ups you need to do. it says week 1 - day 1 and a complete button + timer. Not how much pushups you need to do. And when i press the complete button a couple of times it crashes.:D

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Got some bugs for you;

first thing is: The goodform button doesn't work, i don't know for what it is used but it doesn't do anything. second of all; the graphs tab just shows some random pushups :p third: It doesnt say how much push ups you need to do. it says week 1 - day 1 and a complete button + timer. Not how much pushups you need to do. And when i press the complete button a couple of times it crashes.

Right lets take this 1 by 1.

Yes the Good forms button doesn't do anything at the moment, Sorry I should have mentioned. Basically it will just show you how to perform a correct push-up

The Graphs screen will show random stuff if nothing is stored in log i.e first run of the program. This was for beta testing purposes.

When you push the "Todays Program" button, on the first run it should come up with a screen asking for you to do so many push ups and then enter the value. When you enter a value and press ok it should then take you to the "Todays Program" screen where you see the following.

Today (Week 1 - Day 1)
Rest Timer 00

1 - Pushups to perform #
2 - Pushups to perform #
3 - Pushups to perform #
..... etc etc

Press the 'Completed' button after
each rep to start timer
Completed

When you push the 'Todays Program', does it take you to a test screen or does it go straight to the screen I mention in blue above?

igi0n

Apr 27, 2010
Right lets take this 1 by 1.

Yes the Good forms button doesn't do anything at the moment, Sorry I should have mentioned. Basically it will just show you how to perform a correct push-up

The Graphs screen will show random stuff if nothing is stored in log i.e first run of the program. This was for beta testing purposes.

When you push the "Todays Program" button, on the first run it should come up with a screen asking for you to do so many push ups and then enter the value. When you enter a value and press ok it should then take you to the "Todays Program" screen where you see the following.

Today (Week 1 - Day 1)
Rest Timer 00

1 - Pushups to perform #
2 - Pushups to perform #
3 - Pushups to perform #
..... etc etc

each rep to start timer
Completed

When you push the 'Todays Program', does it take you to a test screen or does it go straight to the screen I mention in blue above?

Thanks for the info!

About the last thing: Yes, it asked me to push up as many times, so i did 5 as a test number. But i don't see pushups to perform. Just

Today (Week 1 - Day 1)
Rest Timer 00

each rep to start timer
Completed

EDIT:
When i press the "Return" button, the app crashes.
I also made a little video for you, to help you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4HgEX_Lu4Q

Last edited:

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
hhhmmm thats intersting, I can't seem to replicate it. I will have something posted later which should fix it

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
igi0n
I can see the problem. It's because your screen size is much smaller than mine so what has happened is the list of push-ups you must perform has shrunk so much that it has become invisible. I'm just about to upload another version which I'm now thinking may not look right on your phone.
Could you try it out and post another video clip?

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
on tonights version, I get error after return from Todays program on HD2.

pushups.exe
ArgumentException
Column 'PROG0' does not belong to table PUSHUPS.

at
System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(StringcolumnName)
at System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(StringcolumnName)
at pushups.Core.GetTodaysProgram()
at pushups.UserControls.ucToday..ctor()
at
Pushups.frmMainNew.TestTime_Disposed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at
System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at

etc. tired of typing..lol...sorry and hope this helps

Thanks for your great app & idea....

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Thanks noellenchris for the post :)

ok let me just understand a bit more on how this error happened.

You clicked "Todays Program" and test screen came up?
You then entered a value and was brought to "Todays Program" screen?
You then completed the days program which was indicated by a message?
Pressing ok on this message brought you back to the main menu?

Did the error occur when you was brought back to the main menu?

Edit
Never mind I think I see what your saying. The error comes when you press return on the "test screen". uploading fix now :-D

Last edited:

igi0n

Apr 27, 2010
Im going to try the new version now! Btw, if you press the return button but the timer is still @ 0 its not crashing, only when the timers counts down ;)

EDIT:

Hmm the GUI is better but the layout on the screen is pretty messed up @ 320x320.
Im uploading a new video now ;)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtB1ZASWAs

Last edited:

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
you videos are helping alot :)

ok the next course of action, which I hope I will get finished for tonight, will be this.

# Fix the crash when pressing the return button while the timer is running.
# Fix crash when hitting the completed button multiple times while timer is running.
# Fix the GUI layout for smaller screens :-D

Edit
Try newest version I just uploaded. I developed at a lower res so hopefully it will display better.
Please uninstall the old version first and delete \My Documents\PushupLog\log before installing new one.

Last edited:

igi0n

Apr 27, 2010
Gonna install it now, and make a little video!

EDIT:
The text doesn't fit the screen, the size is ok but you cannot scroll down. Also, the timer uses 2 seconds each rep, it needs to be 60?
And when you are done for today, it tell you. Have a days rest before attempting the next program
It needs to be without the S ;)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2amIRGf0U

EDIT2:
After completion of the exercise it says: "You have compeleted" The E needs to be deleted :)

Last edited:

Gaz25

Jul 1, 2008
Bedford
Excellent, no crashes!!!! lol

The count down timer will only do 2 seconds if you pushed and checked Debug -> Rest Timer.

Try running the program again and don't push the debug button.

Other than that it seems there is still an issue with layout and an Issue with I can't spell haha.
Strange because the window size is set to 240 x 260 so I'm not sure why its not displaying correctly.

igi0n

Apr 27, 2010
Oh yeah, i see it :). Btw, is there a way to add a feature so that you can begin at a certain week/day and maybe can you add a reset button? Thanks already!

Top Liked Posts