Unmounting sd card causes my note 3 to reboot

Search This thread

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
Hi guys..has anyone of you having thesame problem after kitkat updates? When i try to unmount my sd card from settings it takes 30-60 secs and booom!my n9005 restarted itself and as if nothing has happen..my sd card still mounted. I did try to unmount it again and still same thing happens. At first i noticed that when i try to browse my files from the sd card using es file manager .it shows "invalid path" but after i updated the app it works fine..but still the problem unmounting occurs.. i search all over the web but seems nothing was facing this problem before.here r the other infos of my device:
N9005 kitkat 4.4.2
Micro sd sandisk class 4 16gb

Hope somebody can suggest how can i fix this without requiring me to format my sd card coz i do have a lot of files there and i do not have other device that i can use for backup..:(

sent from my samsung N9005 using xda-developer app

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi guys..has anyone of you having thesame problem after kitkat updates? When i try to unmount my sd card from settings it takes 30-60 secs and booom!my n9005 restarted itself and as if nothing has happen..my sd card still mounted. I did try to unmount it again and still same thing happens. At first i noticed that when i try to browse my files from the sd card using es file manager .it shows "invalid path" but after i updated the app it works fine..but still the problem unmounting occurs.. i search all over the web but seems nothing was facing this problem before.here r the other infos of my device:
N9005 kitkat 4.4.2
Micro sd sandisk class 4 16gb

Hope somebody can suggest how can i fix this without requiring me to format my sd card coz i do have a lot of files there and i do not have other device that i can use for backup..:(

sent from my samsung N9005 using xda-developer app

I dont know about this because I'm on 4.3 did you tried unmounting your card when u were on 4.3?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
Yes,thats what i was doin before removing my sd card.,unmounting thru settings first but i didnt have this problem.after updating to kitkat it seems that this was due to some one of the numerous bug to report..

sent from my samsung E1200 lol!

waynester21

Sep 10, 2013
I tried unmounting my 32GB Class 6 Samsung card and got a reboot. Thought I was the only one :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
U had an upgrade ur note to kitkat?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
No problem unmounting then remounting my 64gb class 10 Samsung sd card.. No reboots and no problem...
I am using a custom rom and am of course rooted....

icinchy

Dec 18, 2011
Just tried unmounting my SanDisk 32gb card. No issues, on kitkat custom rom and rooted

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
Ya,both of u have a custom ROM installed & not the official one maybe that's why u both not having a problem..I'm on a stock ROM.

waynester21

Sep 10, 2013
Yeah I'm on KitKat stock ROM. Never tried testing it on 4.3 because I updated my phone as soon as I took it out the box haha

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
Haven't u tried formatting ur sd card yet?the safest thing i can do for now is switch off my fone and unmount the sd card, i really dont want to format my sd now until i have my backup.and i also having a thought that this wasnt causing a bad sd card as you were saying.

waynester21

Sep 10, 2013
Well when I updated my phone to 4.4.2 I did a full factory reset then formatted the SD card. I like to move what apps I can to the SD card to free up internal memory.

amzkyz

Nov 22, 2012
I just cleanup uninstall my recent downloaded app one by one and try to unmount again my sd.and finally it was fixed..yeay!

sent from my samsung E1200 lol!