!Updated -Realy need some help "rooting" my desire

Search This thread

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Hello to all!
I am completely new to flashing phones, and cant get it to work on my Desire (Europe/Norway).
The case is, that i replaced the glass (not the digitizer) on my phone, and when i went to turn it on, it only stuck on the HTC logo and vibrated a few times, it never came past the HTC logo.
So, i tried reading a bit, and i tried "rooting" my phone, witch did not go well, i guess i did the whole prosess wrong.
I have tried making a goldcard, but that did not work, and i have tried installing a new rom (RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed) but that just got stuck and gave me and error that it was the wrong ROM.

Now, when i try turning on my phone, the screen is black with a white HTC logo, and white warning signs in every corner..
When i press power+volume, this is the information i get:
Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031d
Touch panel-synw0101
Radio-5.11.05.27
Aug 10 2008 17:52:18

RUU

So, as you can see my "fastboot" menu and options are gone.. But my device gets discovered on my pc when i plug in the USB.
Can anyone please tell me what to do step by step, in the right order? (Like you are explaining to your mom what to do)
Would realy realy appreciate it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Thank you sir, for your response.
On the page you link to me, i cant seem to find the agree button, just plain text and nothing else. Is there anyway you can download it and upload it to megaupload?
Thanks

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Last edited:

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Hello again!
I have now tried the RUU you gave me.
At first, it "froze" at 26% when sending radio, and the phone vibrated a few times.
I den shut it down, and restartet the process. It then came to about 80% and gave me the error 152: Please get the correct ROM update...
When i disconected the cable from my computer, it says;

RUU
Parsing... [downloaded ZIP]
[1] RADIO_V2 - FAIL-PU
[2] SPLASH1 - OK
[3] RECOVERY - OK
[4] RADIO_CUST - OK
[5] BOOTLOADER - OK
[6] USERDATA - OK
[7] SYSTEM - OK
[8] BOOT - OK

Partition update fail!
Update fail!

Keep in mind, i have done nothing else to the phone, exept formated the SD card in FAT32.

Last edited:

Chromium

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto
chromium1.blogspot.ca
Hello again!
I have now tried the RUU you gave me.
At first, it "froze" at 26% when sending radio, and the phone vibrated a few times.
I den shut it down, and restartet the process. It then cam to 80% and gave me the error 152: Please get the correct ROM update...
When i disconected the cable from my computer, it says;

RUU
Parsin... [downloaded ZIP]
[1] RADIO_V2 - FAIL-PU
[2] SPLASH1 - OK
[3] RECOVERY - OK
[4] RADIO_CUST - OK
[5] BOOTLOADER - OK
[6] USERDATA - OK
[7] SYSTEM - OK
[8] BOOT - OK

Partition update fail!
Update fail!

Keep in mind, i have done nothing else to the phone, expect formated the SD card in FAT32.

Sorry to tell you, but it looks like you have a radio brick. This type of brick doesnt really have any solution. See here for more info on why this is the case.

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
So there is basicly nothing that can be done? A new board from ebay?
With your 2.3 update, my rom is 2.29.405.14 and 2.3 is image version 3.14.405.1

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
I dont need to root this phone, i just need it to work. And is it so, that rooting it is a litle more work than to just put in the original image? I mean, i have read so mutch about S-OFF, goldcard etc, that i am unsure. Is this rooting? And what i'm trying to do (Format SD card, download a image and press next) is recovery? Maybe i ned the image that is already on my phone? ( 2.29.405.14)

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
I dont need to root this phone, i just need it to work. And is it so, that rooting it is a litle more work than to just put in the original image? I mean, i have read so mutch about S-OFF, goldcard etc, that i am unsure. Is this rooting? And what i'm trying to do (Format SD card, download a image and press next) is recovery? Maybe i ned the image that is already on my phone? ( 2.29.405.14)

I think you might have mistaken but if you need more help but try pressing power button with volume down and see what it gets into first?

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
A little update!
I have been reading a lot on this page, and i came across a few posts that suggested putting the phone in the freezer.
So, i put the phone in the freezer for about an hour, i copied PB99IMG downgrade from Alpharev to my SD card, and turned my phone on.
I then had the bootloader options.
But, the phone never asked me to update the zip or anything, green text with checking ... came up a few times.
So, after that i pressed bootloader, and i installed the RUU_HTC Desire Android 2.3 Upgrade (Gingerbread) with sucess!
The phone then restartet with white screen and green htc logo. It restarted a few times, uintil it started to vibrate.
I went in to bootloader again and pressed recovery, it completed the process and the phone started up like normal.
But when i was about to unlock the screen the phone turned off, so i installed the RUU one more time, and it kept restarting when it was done..

What did i do wrong? And what can i do now to get it too work?

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Tried moving the rom from the RUU_HTC Desire Android 2.3 Upgrade (Gingerbread) ROM in to the SD card while renaming it to PB99IMG and running it from the bootloader. When it had completed it said:
Main Version is older (i think)
Update failed!
Restart?

But it does complete with no error if i connect the phone to my computer and run the .exe?

Sigh...

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
I have found the problem and the solution..
This is a phone that only works in the freezer.. Need to get one hell of a freezer now.

Attachments

• WP_20140424_009.jpg
    WP_20140424_009.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 22

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
This got me thinking and some time on google, looks like this is a common problem.
But, i never had this problem before my screen got damaged, and i replaced it. And the phone never feels warm when it restarts, it is actually cold.
So, maybe there is a faulty sensor in the phone causing it to think that it is overheating. Anyone know anything about this? If i can find the sensor, maybe i could just.. Remove it?

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Is 2.2 the original android version on this phone? Maybe the 2.3.3 causes the overheat, so i was thinking on downgrading to 2.2
Where can i find the original 2.2 .exe?

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Will the RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_signed.exe work with my 0.93.0001 HBOOT?

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
2.3.3 doesn't 'cause' it to overheat...

You can try to flash any compatible RUU you want, it is highly unlikely you'll properly fix a radio brick which is a hardware issue

k1mzor

Apr 13, 2014
Radio Brick? How can it have a radio brick when the phone is working? But only in the freezer tho.
I wondered because i never had this problem on the phone before i changed the screen.