It heats in the pocket

Search This thread

mikesoccer25

Jan 23, 2011
I recently purchased the G3 in the uk so its the D855 version and i updated the software to 10g and today i noticed something weird after i put it in my pocket and i was driving , it heats up. First i thought its because of the knock code but after i switch it to swipe it still heats up. I keep it in my pocket with the screen closest to my skin. I will try to keep it with the screen up and see what happens...probably its because of the sensors if u apply slight presure to the screen while in pocket somethings happens...im waiting for your replies....tnx

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I recently purchased the G3 in the uk so its the D855 version and i updated the software to 10g and today i noticed something weird after i put it in my pocket and i was driving , it heats up. First i thought its because of the knock code but after i switch it to swipe it still heats up. I keep it in my pocket with the screen closest to my skin. I will try to keep it with the screen up and see what happens...probably its because of the sensors if u apply slight presure to the screen while in pocket somethings happens...im waiting for your replies....tnx

It heats up especially on the higher part more than the bottom :(

LG G3 D855 stock ,no root
try disabling knock on/off in hidden menu
3845#*855#

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
uhm one thing i can think of is what usually happens with me.
i'm using quickcircle case.
screen accidentally turns on, then again accidentally opens camera.
and that stays on.
i noticed that because i had many blank camera shots on my gallery. hehe
the worst was when i installed the torch app that can be included in quickcircle apps, it accidentally opened and the LED flash was on all the time in my pocket.

maybe LG should find a way to improve on how to prevent accidentally opening apps when in pocket with or without quickcircle case.
and maybe program the camera app to put itself in standby when it's not in use for certain seconds or minute.

Reactions: mikesoccer25

ddeath

Oct 13, 2007
Disable the knock on/off like what suljo said. The phone does sometimes turn on when in your pocket, especially when it could sense your touch due to moisture built up on the lining of your pockets.

mikesoccer25

Jan 23, 2011
I understand but this is not cool at all cause i really like this feature. I paid 450 british pounds on it and it shouldnt do that :(

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I understand but this is not cool at all cause i really like this feature. I paid 450 british pounds on it and it shouldnt do that :(

It may be the Knock Code but I wouldn't think that alone would have your phone heating up so much in your pocket.. Maybe but idk

What else do you have running on your phone? For example like do you have things like OK Google running and Google Search, Location, Sync, WiFi Always Scanning turned On?? Could also be a WakeLock.. Maybe use a WakeLock Detector just to make sure.

I'm not discounting the Knock Code idea, although my phone doesn't heat up like this. There may be more going on that's all

- Tapatalked from the G3

Reactions: mikesoccer25

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen

It may be the Knock Code but I wouldn't think that alone would have your phone heating up so much in your pocket.. Maybe but idk

What else do you have running on your phone? For example like do you have things like OK Google running and Google Search, Location, Sync, WiFi Always Scanning turned On?? Could also be a WakeLock.. Maybe use a WakeLock Detector just to make sure.

I'm not discounting the Knock Code idea, although my phone doesn't heat up like this. There may be more going on that's all

- Tapatalked from the G3

the knock on/off feature gets activated in your pocket there are 2 ways to solve this
1)kernel wise (proximity sensor preventing knock on in your pocket)
2) covering your screen before putting it in your pocket (turning it away from your leg might help also)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
You could also use the app AnyCut and create a Shortcut on your home screen that you'd just Toggle the Knock On Feature on and off. It's very easy to do and one way to quickly disable the feature for those times when that may happen but still having a very easy way to turn it back on too.

- Tapatalked from the G3

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Though... I do realize that for those using Knock Code from Lock screen.... That isn't an option... I don't use Knock Code myself

- Tapatalked from the G3

mikesoccer25

Jan 23, 2011
I think its the knock on ...i turned it off and it doesnt heat anymore...weird thing though...i bought a cheap silicone case i turned the knock on on and it doesnt heat anymore...and i also turned off wifi search when its off....tnx guys for the help :)

mikesoccer25

Jan 23, 2011
I dont use it on my lock screen but i love to double tap the screen to turn on and off so i wont have to use the back button

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uhm one thing i can think of is what usually happens with me.
    i'm using quickcircle case.
    screen accidentally turns on, then again accidentally opens camera.
    and that stays on.
    i noticed that because i had many blank camera shots on my gallery. hehe
    the worst was when i installed the torch app that can be included in quickcircle apps, it accidentally opened and the LED flash was on all the time in my pocket.

maybe LG should find a way to improve on how to prevent accidentally opening apps when in pocket with or without quickcircle case.
    and maybe program the camera app to put itself in standby when it's not in use for certain seconds or minute.

- Tapatalked from the G3