[Q] Help, Need RUU

Search This thread

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
As i can see from your main version number you already have the JB hboot. Just restore the nandroid and no need to flash the firmware

Reactions: playboypaul

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
As i can see from your main version number you already have the JB hboot. Just restore the nandroid and no need to flash the firmware

flashed the boot image, wiped cache and dalvik then install from zip

error, can't open 3.14.708.28.zip
(bad)
installation aborted

tried one of the backups on phone again and worked? strange, thanks alot

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You need to unpack the nandroid backup and place it in the right folder on the sdcard of the phone. A nandroid backup is never a .zip file.

XxVcVxX

Aug 24, 2012
Hong Kong
You unzip the file, and then put the folder into clockworkmod>backups. Then restore it

Sent from something that's BETTER THAN YOURS

Reactions: Mr Hofs

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
broken one x AGAIN

still stuck, i tried about 10 things yesterday and none worked, i can't flash the nandroid cause my phone aborts and says it's (bad) , i can't find an RUU for my CID. I decided to try one of my old backups again and it worked my phone turned on past the bootloop but i had no service at all (radio was off? Then i tried another backup on my phone and it's still stuck on the HTC boot screen?? please help i've been without a phone for 4 days now and if i had any hair i would be pulling it all out right now.

please help

thank you

paul

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
You unzip the file, and then put the folder into clockworkmod>backups. Then restore it

oh i see i'll give that a try, i just tried to flash it like normal by putting the zip on my sd card not the cwm folder. i'll try that now. fingers crossed.

did just that and got an md5 mismatch?

there's a boot image and then an hboot image, do i flash both images? im so lost

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
No need to flash the boot.img over and over. Just once is enough.....check for the MD5 mismatch workaround ;)

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
No need to flash the boot.img over and over. Just once is enough.....check for the MD5 mismatch workaround ;)

sorry for all the help im needing but none of the suggestions worked, i did try another backup from the phone and it worked cause now phone is on and im going through the setup screen now im stuck on "turning on wifi" it's been 10 mins now i don't think it's going to come on so phone works with no service, wifi or anything??? sooo frustrating

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
sorry for all the help im needing but none of the suggestions worked, i did try another backup from the phone and it worked cause now phone is on and im going through the setup screen now im stuck on "turning on wifi" it's been 10 mins now i don't think it's going to come on so phone works with no service, wifi or anything??? sooo frustrating

Oke....did you flash the boot.img again from the last nandroid you restored and are you sure you did a full wipe before the nandroid . You have to wipe everything in the recovery before restoring it. Wipe all caches, partition cache, dalvik cache, wipe the data, system.....

And please dont be sorry, we all have been noobs at one point :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
Oke....did you flash the boot.img again from the last nandroid you restored and are you sure you did a full wipe before the nandroid . You have to wipe everything in the recovery before restoring it. Wipe all caches, partition cache, dalvik cache, wipe the data, system.....

And please dont be sorry, we all have been noobs at one point :)

i always wipe all three so yeah on those and i did flash the boot.img from the nandroid backup thats when i get the md5 mismatch. now the phone is on with a backup but not working. i can't flash a boot image for the backup im working on now cause i don't have one, phone was rooted when i bought it. i have 3 backups plus the nandroid backup on my phone and only this one that had the phone actually on seems to be working.

thanks for the patience

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I mean, the backup that actually works (but without data and signal) must also contain a backup boot.img file in its own nandroid backup folder. Did you flash that one ?

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
I mean, the backup that actually works (but without data and signal) must also contain a backup boot.img file in its own nandroid backup folder. Did you flash that one ?

oh i see, no i didn't actually go into the backup folder and get the boot.img, i'll give that a try, if i can figure which one i used

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver

your awesome, it worked, i have my phone and service back.

not the rom i was trying to put but im not even going to try again cause it took 4 days to get it back just to here.

You've got me hyper thinking i may be able to fix the galaxy S2 i bricked couple weeks ago now. sweet

thanks again

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Edit : nice a working phone !

Why don't we go for a great JB rom of your choice ?

I can help with it step by step if you want via teamviewer ?

Last edited:

playboypaul

Feb 18, 2012
Vancouver
Do I dl teamviewer

ok i've installed teamviewer, let me kow when your ready

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Please delete your last post, now anybody can connect to your pc !!! Never give something like that in public. Send it to me in a PM ! Im on in half an hour :thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please delete your last post, now anybody can connect to your pc !!! Never give something like that in public. Send it to me in a PM ! Im on in half an hour :thumbup:

Now I can help around too! :D
    Seriously, do what Mr. Hofs said.