SM G900H Crashing

Search This thread

gaurav.dey

Apr 28, 2014
Trivandrum
Hi guys,

I have been a silent follower but now I really need your help to get out of this mess.

Bought an s5 SM G900H on 23rd apr(India), since the very first day noticed a strange issue that when listening to songs for a long time, say an hour at a stretch the music app just crashes and then when I check my running applications all of them show restarting without actually restarting the services.
After this the phones response becomes pathetic and every app crashes the moment I start them. I have to reboot the device to get it working again. What seems to be the issue?

Only happening when I listen to music for quite some time.It seems the phone is just not able to free enough ram as ram usage peaks and no amount of killing all apps frees any ram.

Should I not get a replacement phone? Samsung svc people were telling me they'll update the software and then see, but then my DOA period would be over. I am regretting my decision to buy the phone.

Help guys!

Ps: Checked with kies and on sammobile, I am already running on the latest build. G900HXXU1ANCI

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Does this happen with the Samsung Music app or also with Play Music? I use Play Music all the time and didn't had any issues yet. *knock on wood*

gaurav.dey

Apr 28, 2014
Trivandrum
Same here and its annoying . I al thinking of seeling it and buy the lg g3 or wait for the s5 prime project kq

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Got my device replaced and its still giving me the same issue. So to conclude it, there is some bug with samsungs music player as this doesn't happen with play music app. Don't worry bro it'll be patched in an update soon and a g3 may also have certain bugs at launch. All this is a part of new device hitiing the market, bugs are to expected.

BTW is yours an exynos model or snapdragon? Mine is exynos.

Does this happen with the Samsung Music app or also with Play Music? I use Play Music all the time and didn't had any issues yet. *knock on wood*

Happening only with the Samsung music app.

fenchai

May 10, 2011
Got my device replaced and its still giving me the same issue. So to conclude it, there is some bug with samsungs music player as this doesn't happen with play music app. Don't worry bro it'll be patched in an update soon and a g3 may also have certain bugs at launch. All this is a part of new device hitiing the market, bugs are to expected.

BTW is yours an exynos model or snapdragon? Mine is exynos.

Happening only with the Samsung music app.

hi buddy! im glad i am not the only one xD I thought i had a defective device.
and for g900H, it is the international model of exynos chipset. g900F is the international model of snapdragon 801.
I thought this was a hardware issue. I hope they can do something about this. Samsung plz

Have you also seen a rare issue that your power button stops working? like if the button doesnt work. I think this may have been a problem related to greenify without root. Im scared to try it again so, if anything happens, you guys should know. xD uninstall greenify and restart.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

gaurav.dey

Apr 28, 2014
Trivandrum
hi buddy! im glad i am not the only one xD I thought i had a defective device.
and for g900H, it is the international model of exynos chipset. g900F is the international model of snapdragon 801.
I thought this was a hardware issue. I hope they can do something about this. Samsung plz

Have you also seen a rare issue that your power button stops working? like if the button doesnt work. I think this may have been a problem related to greenify without root. Im scared to try it again so, if anything happens, you guys should know. xD uninstall greenify and restart.

Hi Mate,

The thing that surprises me is how an issue or a bug like this escaped the samsung testing team.

The power button at times becomes unresponsive if the services are stuck at restarting. Not just that the whole phone starts acting weird, my finger print scanner won't work intermittently and every app crashing, the homescreen resetting etc. I spoke to Samsung Head Office here in India and they asked me to send a detailed mail about the issue. I have done that. Now the best we can do is wait for them to release a fix.

fenchai

May 10, 2011
Hi Mate,

The thing that surprises me is how an issue or a bug like this escaped the samsung testing team.

The power button at times becomes unresponsive if the services are stuck at restarting. Not just that the whole phone starts acting weird, my finger print scanner won't work intermittently and every app crashing, the homescreen resetting etc. I spoke to Samsung Head Office here in India and they asked me to send a detailed mail about the issue. I have done that. Now the best we can do is wait for them to release a fix.

yeah, lets hope, Im stuck to rebooting my phone every 2 hours to clear ram.it gets to 1.6/1.8gb ram everytime

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Interesting, same use case in a G900H:

If wouldn’t be a Samsung phone without the occasional crashes and sadly, the S5 is no stranger to this. Despite being on KitKat 4.4.2, the S5 will lag intermittently and at times crawl to a halt, forcing you to restart the phone. We noticed this couple of times when listening to music. The song would just pause itself and OS would simply stop responding.

http://tech.firstpost.com/reviews/s...liant-performance-stunning-camera-222570.html