AT&T S4 Zoom PSA

Search This thread

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
AT&T S4 Zoom PSA:

The firmware for the AT&T SM-C105A is not on the Samsung server. This information regarding the now missing firmware is a result of conversations with Samsung T3 ATS and Samsung Experience Reps.

I have also been unable to locate the AT&T version of the firmware on any of the online archives as well.

As a result, if you trigger the AT&T "unauthorized software" lock you cannot restore the device. Recovery gets locked out, Odin will not flash an alternate firmware and unless a service center already has a copy of the AT&T firmware, they cannot help either.

Reactions: Faisalkhan.007

mumeix

May 19, 2014
AT&T S4 Zoom PSA:

The firmware for the AT&T SM-C105A is not on the Samsung server. This information regarding the now missing firmware is a result of conversations with Samsung T3 ATS and Samsung Experience Reps.

I have also been unable to locate the AT&T version of the firmware on any of the online archives as well.

As a result, if you trigger the AT&T "unauthorized software" lock you cannot restore the device. Recovery gets locked out, Odin will not flash an alternate firmware and unless a service center already has a copy of the AT&T firmware, they cannot help either.

Which firmware are you speaking of? The last update I received for my c105a was 4.2.2. I check daily, however I did not think that the KitKat update had rolled out yet...

EDIT: Never mind. I just drank my first cup of coffee for the day and reread your PSA. So it looks like the stock firmware has been removed from the Samsung site? This seems odd. Any new information regarding the firmware?

Last edited:
Which firmware are you speaking of? The last update I received for my c105a was 4.2.2. I check daily, however I did not think that the KitKat update had rolled out yet...

EDIT: Never mind. I just drank my first cup of coffee for the day and reread your PSA. So it looks like the stock firmware has been removed from the Samsung site? This seems odd. Any new information regarding the firmware?

Can you get an adb response if so I have a dd.image of the full mmcblck0 Let me Know if you need it

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I was able to get it reflashed but have pretty much given up on and consider it a very expensive (+$500) mistake. It now has dead sites on the main CMOS sensor and I've had a hell of a time getting any response from Samsung about an RMA.

funkypunk69

Dec 20, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
First you need to be able to access ADB if you can then PM me and I'll get it to you with directions

I am also interested in the fix for this as I am trying to fix my brothers phone. Someone tried to software modify a phone he sold online and then returned it to him after they realized they messed the phone up and there was no fix. Ebay sided with the buyer and now my brother is screwed out of a phone and the money until I can fix it.

el_venga

May 17, 2007
firmware is nowhere to be found yet. with a dd.image this could be solved and even build an odin flashable one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T S4 Zoom PSA:

Any news on this?