HaRET for Iolite

Search This thread

roo303oom

Nov 1, 2009
Hi, guys.

You can see that they are porting Android OS for others device using HaRET. I want that it will be for our devices too.

I read about HaRET and tried run HaRET with haretconsole on my device. But I found out that HaRET don't support our device yet. If you have HaRET source code, open file mach-types.h under folder include, you can see there many supported device but not Iolite:mad: or open the page

I sent an email to ask about support but nothing isn't now. If someone know how to do please tell me what i have to do?

Hope that Android OS will be ported for our device in the recent day.

Best regard!

1u21

Dec 18, 2009
It works, but not really stable. Sometimes ist freezes and some functions don't work like bluetooth. You can send and receive SMS, make some phone calls and go online via WLAN. I don't know, if UMTS is running.
I'm still waiting for a Mod to unlock my account.
But it uses a huge amount of energy.

roo303oom

Nov 1, 2009
It works, but not really stable. Sometimes ist freezes and some functions don't work like bluetooth. You can send and receive SMS, make some phone calls and go online via WLAN. I don't know, if UMTS is running.
I'm still waiting for a Mod to unlock my account.
But it uses a huge amount of energy.

Can you send me link via email roo303oom@gmail.com, please?

Thanks in advance.

1u21

Dec 18, 2009
Android 2.0 is running on the Iolite, but too unstable. You can't use is it in anyway.

1u21

Dec 18, 2009
Yes. It fills the whole 256 data.img with software. But the bigger problem is the necessary of a fast CPU. Everything runs slow and is more unstable. The Tattoo is not a similar phone to the Iolite.

roo303oom

Nov 1, 2009
I just found my problem. You should use HaRET version 0.5.1 (newest version is 0.5.2).

But I still can't make Android boot. Some changes in zImage are needed?

1u21

Dec 18, 2009
Android started with an unmodified zImage on my Iolite. But I have some new problems with Android and no time for solving.
Maybe the CPU is to slow for Android.

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Sorry, I mean a link for android image, and the parameters of default.txt to be able to boot it with haret.
I already know where to find haret

Last edited by a moderator:

1u21

Dec 18, 2009
Use the normal default.txt and make some changes. Here is my default.txt

set RAMSIZE 0x07000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1723
set KERNEL zImage3
set initrd initrd.gz
#
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.username - The username used to connect to the network when dialing #777
# ppp.password - The password used to connect to the network when dialing #777
# msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax - The maximum frequency (in Hz) used by the SD controller
# pm.sleep_mode - The mode used when the phone is off
# 0=Power Collapse Suspend, 1=Power Collapse, 2=Apps Sleep,
# 3=Slow Clock and Wait for Interrupt 4=Wait for Interrupt
# Default is 3, use 0 for best power savings
# board-htcvogue.panel_type - Panel type used to power the panel off and on
# 0=Don't power off the panel (Default)
# 1=Hitachi 2=Topoly 3=Samsung
# mddi_client_vogue.vsync - Use hardware vsync, default is 1 but should be 0 if
# panel_type is 0
#
set cmdline "board-htckaiser.panel_type=2 ppp.nostart=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=240 mddi.height=320 lcd.density=120 no_console_suspend clock-7x00.mddi=0xa51 clock-7x00.ahb_div=2 clock-7x00.slow=1 clock-7x00.voltage=1 "
boot

I'm also using the new version of Android, which you can find on the same page. It works better, but you can feel the difference between 400Mhz and 528Mhz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys!
    Who knows at least something to the assembler, C \ C + +, I think we need to unite for the first step to Android - to make working under our Haret protsessor - msm7225.We have the source code for Haret msm7227 very similar to ours, and it is quite possible that we need only slightly changed it.Please who can help and who are willing to help please contact me(skype - kipill-nn)