iTunes sync

Search This thread

jobalz

Apr 14, 2010
please don't throw bricks at me :)

I just wanted to know how the new iTunes sync with froyo works?

dereck66

Jul 9, 2008
London
I have tried HTC Sync v.3 (can't remember where did I get it), anyway this version has complete different interface to version 2. In the music secion, it does has sync with iTunes playlist, but when I select it, it doesn't sync to my phone.

jobalz

Apr 14, 2010
thanks, i got version 3.
phone says connected
htc sync says no phone connected

i'll to reinstall

dazdaz

Apr 30, 2010
I would like to know how the ITunes sync feature works.

But also of interest to me and i think everyone here, is how the iTunes streaming feature works so that you can play your iTunes collection on your PC via your Android 2.2 device, that would rock.

Last edited:

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
Ah I was just looking on the HTC website for the update to the Sync - not that I want to sync iTunes with it - but if the functionality was there I wanted to see what it was like... before I never use it again!

I wonder why the Sync tool isnt on the HTC website..

dereck66

Jul 9, 2008
London
Ah I was just looking on the HTC website for the update to the Sync - not that I want to sync iTunes with it - but if the functionality was there I wanted to see what it was like... before I never use it again!

I wonder why the Sync tool isnt on the HTC website..

On HTC support website, they have new HTC Sync v.3 (3.0.5387) for HTC wildfire, whilist my HTC Sync is v.3.0.5372, and only people (contacts) sync works, not pictures, musics, videos, etc...

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
Norton picked this up as a virus.

Not Available
01/08/2010 at 16:08:17
Last Used:
01/08/2010 at 16:08:47
Startup Item:
No
Launched:
Yes
Threat Details
SONAR Protection monitors for suspicious program activity on your computer.
Downloaded File from: 2shared.com
Source: External Media
setup.exe
File Created:
setup.exe
File Created:
chrome.exe
File Created:
htcsync305372.exe

Event: Running process: c:\users\****\desktop\htcsync305372.exe
Terminated
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not Available

jobalz

Apr 14, 2010
it comes with htcsync 3.0.5387 which is for the wildfire

but it seems to be for desire as well. i tried to sync it with mine but it wouldn't work.
in help menu it says for android 2.1
maybe it's not ready for 2.2 yet?

jobalz

Apr 14, 2010
well it doesn't work with my 2.2 desire anyway
hope they'll release a version for 2.2 with the new sync options soon!

jobalz

Apr 14, 2010

th1nkpad

Nov 15, 2009
Swindon
www.mikesouthby.co.uk

Works fine for me using FroYo and the latest version of HTC Sync, am doing 2 way sync for both photos and iTunes without any issues. I DID have to uninstall the original HTC Sync first though and reboot both the phone and PC after installing.

The .exe I used can be found on this page - http://www.mikesouthby.co.uk/2010/08/how-to-sync-itunes-with-htc-desire-via-htc-sync/

jaffanz

May 2, 2010
Wellington
Kia Ora all.

Yup works great!
You need the HTC WildFire released sync app version 3.0.5387, all previous versions removed, reboot both phone and pc, connect up and OLE! Why it isn't clearer i'll only put down to STUPID HTC approach. Or the fact that its not supposed to work? I'm a happy camper so who cares..

Works sweet. I use doubletwist normally, which i love. Its just the annoying sync read time of doubletwist to process through iTunes after i've made a change thats hard to handle.

running on Windows 7 64 bit

have a great day with froyo!

wolf_man

Jul 27, 2004
www.thefonedoc.com
Works fine for me using FroYo and the latest version of HTC Sync, am doing 2 way sync for both photos and iTunes without any issues. I DID have to uninstall the original HTC Sync first though and reboot both the phone and PC after installing.

The .exe I used can be found on this page - http://www.mikesouthby.co.uk/2010/08/how-to-sync-itunes-with-htc-desire-via-htc-sync/

Kia Ora all.

Yup works great!
You need the HTC WildFire released sync app version 3.0.5387, all previous versions removed, reboot both phone and pc, connect up and OLE! Why it isn't clearer i'll only put down to STUPID HTC approach. Or the fact that its not supposed to work? I'm a happy camper so who cares..

Works sweet. I use doubletwist normally, which i love. Its just the annoying sync read time of doubletwist to process through iTunes after i've made a change thats hard to handle.

running on Windows 7 64 bit

have a great day with froyo!

Guys. Worked great for me also, BUT, even though they are on the phone, my Music app cannot see them and just shows 8 default demo mp3's? Any ideas?