Honeycomb music apk

Search This thread

crypticc

Aug 22, 2009
London
FYI > I flashed honeycomb music from post 2 of following - works for Magic 32b too.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9995402#post9995402

Note. needs ~5 meg avail on /system. You'll get black screen if flash is incomplete.

Better for those of us on limited /system space is to only install libjumper.so from that zip into /system/lib/
Apparently Music.apk can be renamed com.google.android.music.apk and dropped in /data/app. I haven't had any success that way, unless the debug logs showing syncing 0 byte files are intentional.

So: unzip contents onto sdcard, then:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system/
cp libjumper.so /system/lib/
chmod 644 /system/lib/libjumper.so
cp Music.apk /system/app/
chmod 644  /system/app/Music.apk
mount -o remount,r /system/
reboot

Music is the app. Libjumper app is the sync service though only works if you created lib file and some people have reported the sync isn't actually fully functioning.

Update > also posted here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12097845#post12097845

Update typo in music.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: bestofrhcp

bluelip

Jan 11, 2011
Just ran with it. Changing permissions on Music.apk worked quite well. Thank you very much.

Xiaoxion

Oct 19, 2010
Tampa, FL
adb shell....

okay so i unzipped it into the sdcard but its telling me that the file doesnt exist in the directory. Should i copy the file into the root system of android. :confused: Im sorry I'm a noob to android coding.

albert emmer

Jul 7, 2010
WPKL
okay so i unzipped it into the sdcard but its telling me that the file doesnt exist in the directory. Should i copy the file into the root system of android. :confused: Im sorry I'm a noob to android coding.

this what i did. i unzipped it then manually install music app then using root access i moved lib file to system/lib while for music apk to system/app. then i clear all dalvic cache and reboot my phone.

Sent from my GBRider Cronos v1.0 using XDA App

csheppard93

Jan 24, 2010
Tampa, FL
No matter how I install this all I get is a black screen and the sync icon on the top bar

Sent from my HTC Magic/Dream using XDA Premium App

albert emmer

Jul 7, 2010
WPKL
Anybody know how the sync works? I check Sync Music and my music selections went blank.

sync seems doesn't worked for now i guess..

launch music app, go to menu, take music settings, uncheck Stream music.

here also my screenshot..

Attachments

• screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 222
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 192
  • screenshot_11.jpg
    screenshot_11.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

bestofrhcp

Mar 6, 2010
it worked for me on the G1, but it stops playing after like a minute or two, and really slows down the phone, and the music starts to crackle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI > I flashed honeycomb music from post 2 of following - works for Magic 32b too.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9995402#post9995402

Note. needs ~5 meg avail on /system. You'll get black screen if flash is incomplete.

Better for those of us on limited /system space is to only install libjumper.so from that zip into /system/lib/
    Apparently Music.apk can be renamed com.google.android.music.apk and dropped in /data/app. I haven't had any success that way, unless the debug logs showing syncing 0 byte files are intentional.

So: unzip contents onto sdcard, then:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /system/
    cp libjumper.so /system/lib/
    chmod 644 /system/lib/libjumper.so
    cp Music.apk /system/app/
    chmod 644  /system/app/Music.apk
    mount -o remount,r /system/
    reboot

Music is the app. Libjumper app is the sync service though only works if you created lib file and some people have reported the sync isn't actually fully functioning.

Update > also posted here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12097845#post12097845

Update typo in music.apk