W8 users ..be warned !

Search This thread

tohno

Nov 26, 2011
This is to all w8 users ...i seen many unlock bootloader threads which their w8 got dead brick after the bootloader got sucesfully unlocked..this includes me ..so just a warning for w8 users..try not to unlock bootloader on your w8 since it seems to be very risky...just hoping others won't get into trouble like some of us..if it really got dead brick ..well sent it to a repairman and wish..
or this?http://androidforums.com/vibrant-tips-tricks/223806-guide-fixing-bricks-odin-errors.html i didn't try it since my w8 is not with me ..i think it only works for samsung phones...

hixvolnutt

Jul 8, 2011
I have a W8, and I can proudly say that I have unlocked by bootloader with no problems. At first try, you will have bootloop or something like that, but even if it is hard bricked, you can still fix it. I've been using my unlocked phone for about a week. Still no problems.

Currently using:
GingerDX v21 and alfs kernel v05

tohno

Nov 26, 2011
well..i got hard brick and the repairman cant fix it..gonna try another repairman...=( my phone is only 3weeks old...

belacker

Jul 27, 2011
Batu Pahat
I have a W8, and I can proudly say that I have unlocked by bootloader with no problems. At first try, you will have bootloop or something like that, but even if it is hard bricked, you can still fix it. I've been using my unlocked phone for about a week. Still no problems.

Currently using:
GingerDX v21 and alfs kernel v05

then you r the lucky one.. :D

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Originally I want to unlock the bootloader, but after seeing this thread, I don't have the guts anymore...

Sent from my W8 using XDA app.

smxaz61

Oct 9, 2011
i should have read this earlier, just got my W8 Hard bricked yesterday, i sent it for repair using Jtag Riffbox and i dont know if it was revived xD

vinmac

Aug 16, 2011
Jaipur
then you r the lucky one.. :D

I am also the lucky one .

Thread on the topic , i read that users who have numbers on their battery less than a fixed number can unlock their boot loader

So number on my battery is 11W24

The important in this is 24.

If someone with less than this can unlock their bootloader without risk.

Butabove this I don't know.:(

tohno

Nov 26, 2011
yea..sadly my w8 got so many other problems ..after repairing from hard brick it spoilt 3 other times ..i got so pissed that i told the retailer to give me a mini ..hehehe

ghost9685

Nov 27, 2011
Bangalore
Smart Watches
This is to all w8 users ...i seen many unlock bootloader threads which their w8 got dead brick after the bootloader got sucesfully unlocked..this includes me ..so just a warning for w8 users..try not to unlock bootloader on your w8 since it seems to be very risky...just hoping others won't get into trouble like some of us..if it really got dead brick ..well sent it to a repairman and wish..
or this?http://androidforums.com/vibrant-tips-tricks/223806-guide-fixing-bricks-odin-errors.html i didn't try it since my w8 is not with me ..i think it only works for samsung phones...

My W8 is 11W27 and i have unlocked the bootloader successfully.. :)