How I Got $50 Off My SGS3

Search This thread

bobprobert

Feb 26, 2011
Cape Coral, Florida
so went to Best Buy yesterday to upgrade my Evo 3D to the S3. They want $199 for the upgrade but i told them i saw online it was advertised for $149 on amazon. he says they can't match amazon but radio shack is running it for $149 and he gave me the radio shack price. maybe easier just to go to radio shack and get the price there (not sure if it is an online only price though) but i prefer best buy so i can use my rewards card there. anyone else get a discount on their new phone?

ekbuz

Aug 15, 2008
Last time I asked Best Buy, they said they wouldn't match Amazon or Wirefly, since those places are done with you after the sale and BB provides "support". They have no problems matching Radio Shack, Sam's Club or any local(ish) store.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
For the sake of argument, it varies from best buy to best buy. I got them to price match Amazon for the upgrade price $149. While others have gotten it for new contract $99.99. All depends on the store, sales person, and mangers.

But on their website it clearly does state they do not price match online retailers only brick and mortar stores.

Sent from Pluto

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
For the sake of argument, it varies from best buy to best buy. I got them to price match Amazon for the upgrade price $149. While others have gotten it for new contract $99.99. All depends on the store, sales person, and mangers.

But on their website it clearly does state they do not price match online retailers only brick and mortar stores.

Sent from Pluto

And to add to that...local brick and mortar stores within 6 miles

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

sbeekman

Apr 1, 2012
Beaver Dam
Got mine for $148 at sprint they will price match also just gotta ask they gave me wal marts price fyi

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
Save another $10 if you get through Amazon $149.99 not paying taxes in some states.

Take05

Jun 23, 2010
Ya, and if you were smart enough at the beginning of the year Best Buy had Phone Freedom. where if you upgrade your phone anytime in 2012 they give you a $50 giftcard. With the price match and the gift card i ending up paying just over $100.