[ROM][GSM][4.0.3][UNLOCKED BL]4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4 | FINAL

Search This thread

Slothboy

Sep 8, 2012
South Wales
acjNvb82.png

Hello XDA! I present to you all, the fixed version of the Xperia PLAY ICS Beta released by Sony! I had originally uploaded this ROM and used Kris Dee's Hybrid ROM as a base, which of course I shouldn't have done as he didn't allow it, but now I have taken the liberty to do the same WITHOUT using Kris' ROM, and it works just as well! I haven't had a chance to test everything as I don't own a game with touchpad support, so if someone could test that would be brilliant.

Features:
  • Based on Official ICS Beta released by Sony
  • Camera (Panorama, 720p Video recording)
  • xLOUD
  • init.d tweaks
  • Bluetooth
  • Little to no lag
  • Latest Adreno drivers
  • 218MB free RAM (Peak)
  • Gapps included
  • Debloated (No Timescape, on/off widgets, Facebook inside Xperia, Liveware manager, etc)
  • Pre rooted (Obviously)
  • Mobile BRAVIA Engine
  • build.prop tweaks
  • Xperia PLAY launcher (Included in Xperia Apps Addon)
  • Serajr Xperia GX Launcher (Optional, addon, thanks to serajr)
  • CM10 APN list
  • Face unlock
  • Boost My Xperia (check here thanks gagan.u20)
  • Fluid Engine tweaks
  • Xperia Apps Addon

Bugs:
  • Vibration icon on Status bar is slightly misplaced
  • Stock Home launcher is very laggy in App drawer (Flash another Launcher if you want)

Screenshots:

Video review by smokerman

Downloads:
4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey.zip
4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r2.zip
4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r3.zip
4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4.zip
4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4-1.zip

Addons:
Xperia GX Launcher by serajr
Xperia Apps Addon

Installation (Initial):
  1. Download the main ROM for initial installation, and any addons that you require and put them on your SD Card
  2. Flash "R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf" using Flashtool/Fastboot
  3. Then flash a kernel of your choice (I reccomend LuPuS Stock ICS/GB, or Turbo Kernel)
  4. Boot into CWM
  5. Format system, wipe dalvik cache, and factory reset
  6. Flash the ROM .zip
  7. Reboot
  8. Play around for 5 minutes
  9. Turn your phone off, then on again
  10. Done!

Tips:
  • After installation, open No-frills CPU control, and set Max clock to: 1.517 GHz, Min to 249 MHz, Governor to smartassv2, and I/O scheduler to sio
  • After you have done the above, open Boost My Xperia, tap Multitasking Mode, then press Quick Boost, this is a sort of "initialization" for your memory

Changelog:

Code:
[U]r1[/U]

- Initial Release
- Debloated
- Latest Adreno drivers
- init.d scripts
- Fixed build.prop
- Added Gapps

[U]r2[/U]
- Removed old init.d scripts
- Added No-Frills CPU Control
- Added Boost My Xperia
- Added Supremacy Script v3 (Replaced old init.d scripts)
- Cleaned up build.prop

[U]r3[/U]
- Removed old init.d scripts (Again)
- Added in Turbo Engine tweaks (Needs testing)
- Made an Xperia V Apps addon [STRIKE](Needs testing)[/STRIKE]
- Battery saving tweaks
- Supercharged services.jar
- Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
- CM10 APN list

[U]r4[/U]
- Added in Live wallpapers from ICS Beta
- updater-script tweaks, looks a lot cleaner upon installing
- [STRIKE]Long press volume buttons to skip tracks (Testers please)[/STRIKE]
- Cleaner init.d scripts, optimized for the PLAY
- Added in FLUID ENGINE v3 (init.d's and build.prop tweaks)
- Renamed Xperia V Apps Addon to "Xperia Apps Addon"
- Removed Xperia PLAY games launcher from initial ROM (Added into Xperia Apps Addon)
- [STRIKE]Created a Light version (Most Sony Apps replaced with more memory efficient apps, check Note below)[/STRIKE]
- [STRIKE]Added farenheith's touchpad fix/Touchpad activator app[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]*Note: The Light Version removes the Stock Sony Music Player, Gallery, and the AOSP gallery, then replaces them with 'Clean Music' and 'QuickPic' from the Android market[/STRIKE]

[U]r4-1 (Final)[/U]
- Fixed BRAVIA Engine not showing up in settings
- Added SuperSU No nag

Last edited:

Slothboy

Sep 8, 2012
South Wales
Addon Installation steps

Xperia GX Launcher installation:
  1. Boot into recovery (After initial installation)
  2. Flash Xperia GX Launcher
  3. Wipe Dalvik cache
  4. Reboot
  5. Wipe cache on Xperia Home
  6. Done!

Xperia Apps Addon installation:
  1. Reboot into recovery (After initial installation)
  2. Flash Xperia Apps Addon
  3. Wipe Dalvik cache
  4. Reboot
  5. Done!

Last edited:

zzieluuu

Mar 21, 2011
Everywhere
i have some problems with setup wizard...

what firmawre i can use, kernel and other stuff to run this ROM witout any errors ?

zzieluuu

Mar 21, 2011
Everywhere
I install phoenixvendor, flash lupus stock ics/gb and go to recovery...install ROM, reboot and when ROM is boot up i have eroor with Setup Wizard..stop working and i can't do nothing.. no home, only i can go to settings from status bar and it's it..;/

Slothboy

Sep 8, 2012
South Wales
I install phoenixvendor, flash lupus stock ics/gb and go to recovery...install ROM, reboot and when ROM is boot up i have eroor with Setup Wizard..stop working and i can't do nothing.. no home, only i can go to settings from status bar and it's it..;/

Yep, uploading fixed version as we speak, sorry for the hiccup

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
I waited for this very long time so thanks for your great work. UI running smooth so far. So maybe I finally found my daily driver ;)

And I found bug. As you can see on screenshot below, the vibration icon is little misplaced.

shot000001w.png

zzieluuu

Mar 21, 2011
Everywhere
i always do a factory reset and clean cache... clean dalvik...everything i use and it don't work -.- SETUP WIZARD problem... I'm go to the TrueAncestor ICS Final Edition I have no problems with installation this ROM...in this i don't know how but I have problems..

szempek555

Mar 11, 2010
Hi first of all thank you for this wonderful rom its best I have tried so far, and I think is pretty fast to, and all good in gaming (modern combat 4 test and getting 25-30fps), it has a little lag in the menu, and yes you should definitely put in a custom SystemUI with shortcuts like to wifi and bluetooth and the other ones that used to be here in most of the roms, and I recommend that you integrate Xperia GX framework because for me it gave me 30mb more ram I am getting 210-220 with that so I think you should make that default, and maybe need some rom and gaming tweaks and this could be one of the best ICS roms, I would be really honored to test new releases and will be send information if I find any bugs.

---------- Post added 29th March 2013 at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 28th March 2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

And if possible please add a overclock menu option if you can do it.

Slothboy

Sep 8, 2012
South Wales
Hi first of all thank you for this wonderful rom its best I have tried so far, and I think is pretty fast to, and all good in gaming (modern combat 4 test and getting 25-30fps), it has a little lag in the menu, and yes you should definitely put in a custom SystemUI with shortcuts like to wifi and bluetooth and the other ones that used to be here in most of the roms, and I recommend that you integrate Xperia GX framework because for me it gave me 30mb more ram I am getting 210-220 with that so I think you should make that default, and maybe need some rom and gaming tweaks and this could be one of the best ICS roms, I would be really honored to test new releases and will be send information if I find any bugs.

---------- Post added 29th March 2013 at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 28th March 2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

And if possible please add a overclock menu option if you can do it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but what I mainly tried to do with this ROM was get it as close to the ICS Beta as possible, but to just get things that we depended on working, like touchpads for example, almost a "gaming" ICS ROM, in the next release I'm including the Boost my Xperia app, it really helps with RAM and performance

Use No-frills CPU Control to overclock etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    acjNvb82.png

Hello XDA! I present to you all, the fixed version of the Xperia PLAY ICS Beta released by Sony! I had originally uploaded this ROM and used Kris Dee's Hybrid ROM as a base, which of course I shouldn't have done as he didn't allow it, but now I have taken the liberty to do the same WITHOUT using Kris' ROM, and it works just as well! I haven't had a chance to test everything as I don't own a game with touchpad support, so if someone could test that would be brilliant.

Features:
    • Based on Official ICS Beta released by Sony
    • Camera (Panorama, 720p Video recording)
    • xLOUD
    • init.d tweaks
    • Bluetooth
    • Little to no lag
    • Latest Adreno drivers
    • 218MB free RAM (Peak)
    • Gapps included
    • Debloated (No Timescape, on/off widgets, Facebook inside Xperia, Liveware manager, etc)
    • Pre rooted (Obviously)
    • Mobile BRAVIA Engine
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Xperia PLAY launcher (Included in Xperia Apps Addon)
    • Serajr Xperia GX Launcher (Optional, addon, thanks to serajr)
    • CM10 APN list
    • Face unlock
    • Boost My Xperia (check here thanks gagan.u20)
    • Fluid Engine tweaks
    • Xperia Apps Addon

Bugs:
    • Vibration icon on Status bar is slightly misplaced
    • Stock Home launcher is very laggy in App drawer (Flash another Launcher if you want)

Screenshots:

Video review by smokerman

Downloads:
    4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey.zip
    4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r2.zip
    4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r3.zip
    4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4.zip
    4.1.H.0.4 - FIXED by johnnzey r4-1.zip

Addons:
    Xperia GX Launcher by serajr
    Xperia Apps Addon

Installation (Initial):
    1. Download the main ROM for initial installation, and any addons that you require and put them on your SD Card
    2. Flash "R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf" using Flashtool/Fastboot
    3. Then flash a kernel of your choice (I reccomend LuPuS Stock ICS/GB, or Turbo Kernel)
    4. Boot into CWM
    5. Format system, wipe dalvik cache, and factory reset
    6. Flash the ROM .zip
    7. Reboot
    8. Play around for 5 minutes
    9. Turn your phone off, then on again
    10. Done!

Tips:
    • After installation, open No-frills CPU control, and set Max clock to: 1.517 GHz, Min to 249 MHz, Governor to smartassv2, and I/O scheduler to sio
    • After you have done the above, open Boost My Xperia, tap Multitasking Mode, then press Quick Boost, this is a sort of "initialization" for your memory

Changelog:

Code:
    [U]r1[/U]

- Initial Release
    - Debloated
    - Latest Adreno drivers
    - init.d scripts
    - Fixed build.prop
    - Added Gapps

[U]r2[/U]
    - Removed old init.d scripts
    - Added No-Frills CPU Control
    - Added Boost My Xperia
    - Added Supremacy Script v3 (Replaced old init.d scripts)
    - Cleaned up build.prop

[U]r3[/U]
    - Removed old init.d scripts (Again)
    - Added in Turbo Engine tweaks (Needs testing)
    - Made an Xperia V Apps addon [STRIKE](Needs testing)[/STRIKE]
    - Battery saving tweaks
    - Supercharged services.jar
    - Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
    - CM10 APN list

[U]r4[/U]
    - Added in Live wallpapers from ICS Beta
    - updater-script tweaks, looks a lot cleaner upon installing
    - [STRIKE]Long press volume buttons to skip tracks (Testers please)[/STRIKE]
    - Cleaner init.d scripts, optimized for the PLAY
    - Added in FLUID ENGINE v3 (init.d's and build.prop tweaks)
    - Renamed Xperia V Apps Addon to "Xperia Apps Addon"
    - Removed Xperia PLAY games launcher from initial ROM (Added into Xperia Apps Addon)
    - [STRIKE]Created a Light version (Most Sony Apps replaced with more memory efficient apps, check Note below)[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Added farenheith's touchpad fix/Touchpad activator app[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]*Note: The Light Version removes the Stock Sony Music Player, Gallery, and the AOSP gallery, then replaces them with 'Clean Music' and 'QuickPic' from the Android market[/STRIKE]

[U]r4-1 (Final)[/U]
    - Fixed BRAVIA Engine not showing up in settings
    - Added SuperSU No nag
    Addon Installation steps

Xperia GX Launcher installation:
    1. Boot into recovery (After initial installation)
    2. Flash Xperia GX Launcher
    3. Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Reboot
    5. Wipe cache on Xperia Home
    6. Done!

Xperia Apps Addon installation:
    1. Reboot into recovery (After initial installation)
    2. Flash Xperia Apps Addon
    3. Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Reboot
    5. Done!
    After a lot of thinking I have decided to leave this project as it is in it's current state and finish working on it, it seems fast and stable enough right now and the only thing else I could possibly do to improve it would be to incorporate farenheith's touchpad fix by decompiling the framework, which I will probably do at some point when I get my computer in a stable state on Windows 8, but not right now.

Thanks to everyone that has tested the ROM and given feedback. :)

But I do have one thing on my mind, maybe something along the lines of "StoXperia Project" Or something like that? It's early days but I'll let you guys know if I get anywhere with it, but it's certainly an option if I ever get bored
    I've changed the init.d scripts to ones from Fluid Engine, I will upload them in r3, let me know what you think/test gaming performance please!

I have also made an Addon .zip for all of the new Xperia apps from the Xperia V!

(WALKMAN, Album, Movies, Sony Select, Music Widget, Visualizer)

-EDIT-

Xperia V Apps Addon
    It's the first thing i tried (i remember Hybrid Rom beta 0.9 too buddy :laugh: ) but didn't work. "Unknown command" or something...
    This is a NOT small bug. In fact, it's the one thing keepin me away from this rom. Too bad. But the rest is very good.
    Copy SettingsProvider.apk from Hybrid rom to system/app.
    If It's still broken wipe data.