[Q] Kitkat on I497

Search This thread

Pseudomizer

Jan 18, 2014
Hello guys,

I just rootet my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running 4.1.2 Android from AT&T model i497.

Reading through many threads here I could not find a ROM to upgrade this to Kitkat 4.4.2. Is there an upgrade?

I should also point out that I would be totally OK using any ROM as this Tablet will not use any phone line from AT&T going forward. It will be mounted on the wall for Home Automation with just Wifi. So killing the AT&T crap software and giving me simple KitKat would be totally ok.

Any help guys here?

Thanks in advance.

Pseudomizer

Jan 18, 2014
No luck

Hello guys,

I just rootet my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running 4.1.2 Android from AT&T model i497.

Reading through many threads here I could not find a ROM to upgrade this to Kitkat 4.4.2. Is there an upgrade?

I should also point out that I would be totally OK using any ROM as this Tablet will not use any phone line from AT&T going forward. It will be mounted on the wall for Home Automation with just Wifi. So killing the AT&T crap software and giving me simple KitKat would be totally ok.

Any help guys here?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't look like anybody is working on this.

Let me phrase the question then differently. The I497 is from AT&T. The same or similar hardware is also provided by other phone companies or even better there are same or similar hardware versions out there without the mobile SIM card option going with simply WiFi.

Does anybody know which KitKat ROM I can install on my I497 to get it from Jellybean to KitKat even if that means I will have a Vanilla KitKat and also might loose my SIM card option? I just need WiFi on that tablet and that's it.

I am open for suggestions guys. Thanks.