[Q] Bricked HTC inspire 4g unable to unbrick

Search This thread

jenny2you

Apr 29, 2011
I need help! I rooted my new htc inspire and was downloading some of the 3rd party apps I use from market. One of the programs which was a font changer bricked my phone. I have reviewed every possible way to unbrick it and nothing works. When I go into bootloader the only options I have are hboot, which turns to hboot usb plug when plugged to the computer, fast boot, recovery, factory reset, simlock and image crc. Hboot does nothing I installed the hboot drivers and still nothing. I did recovery and it stalls on the HTC bootup screen then slowly blacks out, factory reset it just boots to the htc boot screen and sticks there. I have pulled the battery out more then 50 times, that doesnt work. Htc sync does not recognize that the phone is connected to the computer and the revoke hboot usb installer sees that the android is hooked up to the computer but doesnt do anything except tell me the drivers are installed. I used Bubby's one click root to root my phone. Can anyone help? This is the second phone I bricked and considering I just bought this I really dont have the money to buy another phone. Any help would be awesome!!!!

jenny2you

Apr 29, 2011
Ive wanted to try it but was a little weary about doing it cause I though ODIN was for capitvate phones and because the ruu is from cingular and im on AT&T. Also wonder how to do it when I can not set my phone to debug or disk drive.

jenny2you

Apr 29, 2011
Done that already last night after it bricked. It still does the same thing. Im downloading the ruu the sync doesnt acknowledge my phone at all and the drivers on my phone are right and up to date. Except how do I put the ruu on my phone if my phone does not bootup and if I go into the bootloader screen it takes me right to the htc boot screen and doesnt go farther. Im following all the steps that have been posted in other threads but it doesnt help when I already tried majority of these things. I dont know if there is any other option to unbrick my phone if this does not work!

jenny2you

Apr 29, 2011
Ok the RUU says it can not read my phone. I get an error saying USB connection error and says to check if the phone is connected to the usb cable and the cable is connected to the pc. All of which it is. So what do I do next as the ruu cant even read my phone?

dionieins

Dec 5, 2010
Santiago
Ok the RUU says it can not read my phone. I get an error saying USB connection error and says to check if the phone is connected to the usb cable and the cable is connected to the pc. All of which it is. So what do I do next as the ruu cant even read my phone?

did you find a solution finally? Because I'm running through the same situation now..... so sad.