[ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

Search This thread

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
Edit: Great Job on this. Restored my phone back to stock. I am definitely saving this program for later brickage usage! Thanks.

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
Yes. It will flash recovery back to stock.

I love this tool! This compiled NVFlash formats, then installs the stock ROM (v21e) and recovery. Can the 2.3.3 ROM be replaced with the new 2.3.4 ROM (v21y)? I have the new baseband now and when I run this, it is mismatched (2.3.3 with March 2012 baseband). No good.

With everyone that upgraded to 2.3.4 and the March 2012 baseband, this tool would be greatly needed and appreciated if it installed stock recovery AND the v21y 2.3.4 update!

Last edited:

kesara

Oct 16, 2011
Chesterbrook
I love this tool! This compiled NVFlash formats, then installs the stock ROM (v21e) and recovery. Can the 2.3.3 ROM be replaced with the new 2.3.4 ROM (v21y)? I have the new baseband now and when I run this, it is mismatched (2.3.3 with March 2012 baseband). No good.

With everyone that upgraded to 2.3.4 and the March 2012 baseband, this tool would be greatly needed and appreciated if it installed stock recovery AND the v21y 2.3.4 update!

Yes you can flash 2.3.4 ROM over this. Following the instructions in the OP of v21y thread

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Reactions: apicia

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
Yes you can flash 2.3.4 ROM over this. Following the instructions in the OP of v21y thread

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

You would need CWM to do this? I want an NVFlash that formats, and then flashes the 2.3.4 ROM and the stock recovery. That way, if you have the March 2012 baseband, you are a few clicks from being completely stock with the latest firmware/software.

kesara

Oct 16, 2011
Chesterbrook
You would need CWM to do this? I want an NVFlash that formats, and then flashes the 2.3.4 ROM and the stock recovery. That way, if you have the March 2012 baseband, you are a few clicks from being completely stock with the latest firmware/software.
You may be able to do a ADB push try this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-a-rom-to-an-android-phone-device-without-sd-card/

But CWM is the most reliable. Not sure why you would want all stock including recovery. CWM allows you to have nandroid backups which can save your day. What I have is all stock except CWM.

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
You may be able to do a ADB push try this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-a-rom-to-an-android-phone-device-without-sd-card/

But CWM is the most reliable. Not sure why you would want all stock including recovery. CWM allows you to have nandroid backups which can save your day. What I have is all stock except CWM.

+1 for that. Having CWM on the physical recovery partition is a potential lifesaver. It is easy and safe to flash if you follow the one click instructions. No reason to have the crap stock recovery that simply factory resets your phone and does nothing else other than flash an OTA update. If you get an OTA, which any more are unlikely after 2.3.4, you can always flash stock recovery back first just as easy as you flashed CWM. Be thankful LG never locks bootloaders and you can flash an alternate recovery to the phone.

kesara

Oct 16, 2011
Chesterbrook
+1 for that. Having CWM on the physical recovery partition is a potential lifesaver. It is easy and safe to flash if you follow the one click instructions. No reason to have the crap stock recovery that simply factory resets your phone and does nothing else other than flash an OTA update. If you get an OTA, which any more are unlikely after 2.3.4, you can always flash stock recovery back first just as easy as you flashed CWM. Be thankful LG never locks bootloaders and you can flash an alternate recovery to the phone.

yep ...
What do you know ... there is a nandroid for v21y also it seems http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048274

Reactions: apicia
Feb 26, 2012
i think i have completely bricked my phone..please help

hi,

i was referred to this post as i could not unroot my phone. after following all the steps on OP, i put the battery back in and nothing happens when i push the power button. and now my computer doesn't recognize the phone when i plug in. does this mean i have completely bricked it?

thanks

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
hi,

i was referred to this post as i could not unroot my phone. after following all the steps on OP, i put the battery back in and nothing happens when i push the power button. and now my computer doesn't recognize the phone when i plug in. does this mean i have completely bricked it?

thanks
re install the drivers. and try again. nvflashing ur phone

lonniemm

Aug 31, 2010
thank you for this when flashing a rom tonight i got stuck in a boot loop and cwm was gone with out this i don't think i would have recovered
thanks gain

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
oh lord I should have read about this more before attempting.
i could not unroot my phone and someone on another thread suggested i try this. i had already removed nvflash...i am guessing i'm screwed...
No you are not. Load the drivers on your PC, then put on stock recovery on your phone to get your phone in the shape it was when you got it the first day. I m in a hurry right now or i would have showed you the link but if you search the forum, you can find out Tgunman or something thread which shows how to.

p.S why do you wanna root your phone? Just use any custom ROM. all roms are rooted anyway.

Feb 26, 2012
Hi,

I was actually trying to UNroot my phone. I have all the drivers installed on my PC but it doesn't even recognize that a device is getting connected anymore (holding up + down w/ battery out, doesn't turn on with battery in).

jboxer

Apr 16, 2009
Bangkok
Hi,

I was actually trying to UNroot my phone. I have all the drivers installed on my PC but it doesn't even recognize that a device is getting connected anymore (holding up + down w/ battery out, doesn't turn on with battery in).

So you were using NVFlash when something went wrong? NVFlash is the only way to brick the G2X so it is possible you have permanently bricked your phone. If it is not recognized by your computer in low level flash mode, there is nothing you can do.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but did you search the forums first? I have an unroot zip for the G2X in the develpment forum that flashes in CWM and removes root. It takes about 2 seconds to remove root properly.

slycog

Apr 28, 2011
So you were using NVFlash when something went wrong? NVFlash is the only way to brick the G2X so it is possible you have permanently bricked your phone. If it is not recognized by your computer in low level flash mode, there is nothing you can do.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but did you search the forums first? I have an unroot zip for the G2X in the develpment forum that flashes in CWM and removes root. It takes about 2 seconds to remove root properly.

As long as you're not messing with the fuses/device ids with nvflash the risk of 'perma bricking' is non existent. The device id can be fixed usually as well.

Most of the people who have these chronic issues simply haven't followed directions properly resulting in mishaps with the drivers... there is also a possibility of hardware incompatibility (certain cables/USB hubs).

Its almost always drivers/software problems that cause issues with detecting the g2x in nvflash mode though.

apicia

Aug 23, 2011
MA
As long as you're not messing with the fuses/device ids with nvflash the risk of 'perma bricking' is non existent. The device id can be fixed usually as well.

Most of the people who have these chronic issues simply haven't followed directions properly resulting in mishaps with the drivers... there is also a possibility of hardware incompatibility (certain cables/USB hubs).

Its almost always drivers/software problems that cause issues with detecting the g2x in nvflash mode though.

Try deleting the low level drivers and reinstall them. Sometimes registry cleaners actually kill any driver that has not been used in a while by deleting its registry entry. I use my laptop to connect with my car and I upload tunes/download data. One day, the laptop would not recognize the obd port. Deleted the drivers, reinstalled drivers, and it was good again.

airnique23

Oct 6, 2009
Temple Hills
Did this method to the tee and still no result.
Prior to all this the phone was working great, was running latest Weapon rom until one night....

My battery died down, I wake up in the middle of the night to charge it, see the battery notification screen. Later that morning I remove the charger and hit the power....NOTHING. Cant boot recovery. Only get the white LG logo followed by a boot loop or battery screen.

Tried this method, proper drivers installed, phone recognizes my device, I see the cmd screen transferring the files and S/W screen on the G2X. Everything finishes and I unplug after seeing the white LG logo. Put battery back in, and still....NOTHING. Guess Im SOL :mad::confused::(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

This method necessary!
    If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!

Download ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey
    Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS
    Download APX driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted

Installation Instructions:

1. Download both files
    2. Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder
    3. Remove the battery
    4. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
    5. Insert the USB cable
    6. Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
      • Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
      • Right click on the APX device
      • Select 'Update driver software'
      • Select 'Let me pick...'
      • Select 'Have disk'
      • Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
      • Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
      • Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
      • Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
      • If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
      • Unplug everything
    7. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
    8. Insert USB cable
    9. open your ROM folder:
    10. Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
    11. After the logo appears on the LG phone
    12. Unplug USB cable
    13. Insert the battery
    14. enjoy!

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update
    cannot install apx drivers for the life of me. Windows 8 fails due to The third party INF does not contain a digital signature

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

windows 8 will not let me install apx driers due to no digital signature ... any way to fix this?

There is a way you can reboot windows 8 in advanced menu where you can disable signature check for a one time boot (google it). Do that and install the drivers. It will work. I have done it on mine. Using 8.1 now

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!

Can you post the DLL for the G2X so we can use the LG Utilities to unpack KDZ files for this device please. So far we have been unable to get the proper DLL that enables us to unpack these files. If you unpacked the KDZ you must have the DLL unless you used another method to extract the files from the KDZ. Please elaborate on how you accomplished this. Both phburks and I have been working on this and so far we have had no success.

I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

It is for people that have mucked up their phones to the point where LG Updater and KDZ Flash are not possible. This can be caused by many issues including, but not limited to, people flashing the O2X baseband to a G2X device. This method is purported to flash the entire Gingerbread ROM at the lowest possible hardware level. Hopefully this method is legit, but nobody has confirmed they have done it yet with the exception of the OP. Yes it is similar to ODIN for the Samsung but operating at an even lower level. With the NVFlash capability Tegra2 devices are virtually unbrickable.
    I don't have experience with tegra 2... I can't get the computer to recognize the phone needs apx drivers. I have downloaded and extracted the zip. I remove battery and hold volume buttons, but nothing happens. Phone Is on 2.3.4. I keep coming back to the fact I need to manually install apx drivers... But isn't that what I do when I extract the zip from op?? Confused.... This tegra 2 is a whole new beast. Is there anyone who can help??

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

the device having a tegra 2 has nothing to do with installing the drivers for the phone.

first you need to go to lg.com and download the drivers from there
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LGP999

once that is installed, right click on My Computer and click Manage, then click Device Manager, then open the USB section

then once you have unzipped the NVFlash folder (no that does not install the driver) take the battery out and hold the two volume buttons down and plug your usb cable in. watch Device Manager to see if it detects your phone. it should, and if it prompts you for a driver, navigate to the APX folder where you unzipped the NVFlash folder and let it find the driver there.

once it is done you wont see anything on your phone until you start the flash process. also once your pc sees your phone you dont have to hold the volume buttons in anymore but leave it plugged in to usb (obviously)

go into the nvflash folder and run the oneclickrecoveryflasher.exe file. choose which recovery you want to flash and then you will see s/w update on your phone. when the flash is done (look at the cmd window on your PC) you can unplug your phone and put the battery back in and reboot it. hold the volume down button while you hold the power button until you see the second LG logo with the purple background and let go of both buttons. your phone should boot into CWM Recovery
    I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App