[Q] VZW Demo App

Search This thread

MacGirl21

Jan 6, 2011
I have an Unlocked Verizon Note 2 I was wondering how do I stop VZW Demo App for re-installing itself. I keep uninstall it but re-install itself minutes later. My sister got it off craigslist, so I'm stuck with the phone. Is it possible to root it and put it on a different rom or install a stock rom to it?

Edit: Just realize post this in the wrong section some one please move it to the right one please.

Last edited:

SilentO

Jan 31, 2008
I have an Unlocked Verizon Note 2 I was wondering how do I stop VZW Demo App for re-installing itself. I keep uninstall it but re-install itself minutes later. My sister got it off craigslist, so I'm stuck with the phone. Is it possible to root it and put it on a different rom or install a stock rom to it?

Edit: Just realize post this in the wrong section some one please move it to the right one please.

Stolen phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: willlay

WarlockLord

Mar 22, 2006
Not to hijack a thread, but does Verizon actually block lte phones that are lost and stolen? Or is it like gsm where it will still work with a good SIM?

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
Seeing as they still have IMEIs im pretty sure they can be blocked if they are reported. I have read in the GS3 forums where some guys had gotten the phone off ebay or craiglist and VZW woupdnt activate it dues to it being reported stolen. They didnt have a 4g sim card though and were trying to get VZW to send them one so while that still leaves it uo in the air...
Im pretty sure if you use a phone on VZW that is reported stolen then they will block it and contact you, and im pretty sure theyd be able to even tho we use sim cards in 4g phones now.

When the first iphone came out I got one, I was young and stupid, and it got stolen within a month. When i called AT&T and reported it stolen they told me that it had been activated on a different account and that they were blocking it off of their network permanently and would contact the user and ask them to return it. I dont know what ever came of it cause they were supposed to contact me if they got it back, I assume they didn't, but even they could block a phone permanently back then sooo......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

tronoftroy

Jun 11, 2010
Remove VZW Demo App.

you will need to root the device and remove/move 2 System Apps.

Apps to move/remove:
com.customermobile.preload.main.apk
com.customermobile.preload.apk

use the following commands
mv com.customermobile.preload.main.apk com.customermobile.preload.main.apk.bk
mv com.customermobile.preload.apk com.customermobile.preload.apk.bk

that should do it.

you can use SafeRoot for the Note 2.

then you can uninstall the VZWDemo app in Settings/Applications/All.

Good Luck

grmcrkrs

Oct 28, 2013
Waco TX
this is a super old thread, but the question still remains. I purchased an OLD LG Intuition, it has the VZW Demo app on it. Everytime i delete it, it redownloads itself when I connect to wifi. Anybody know how to stop it redownloading?

Isaac+

Mar 15, 2016
install app freezer with no root, check google play for any app freezer which doesnt needs root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stolen phone