[Q] Ramos W30HD General Research and Offtopic

Search This thread

darevix

Aug 6, 2008
Cáceres
OK, I have answer but this is just neverending story. After Chinese New Year will com next free days and this can be delayed until Christmas...
Wonderful news, I hope they publish a stable firmware, and not what they have posted before.

On another topic, I have prepared a modified firmware, but I have not been able to operate the touch screen in the Aroma installer.
Tonight I will try to publish it.

krzysiekrk

Oct 27, 2011
Wonderful news, I hope they publish a stable firmware, and not what they have posted before.

On another topic, I have prepared a modified firmware, but I have not been able to operate the touch screen in the Aroma installer.

Please to make it available this modified software ramos w30hd.I test modified.I am wait.thank you.

JF-GINO

Apr 30, 2011
Toronto

I just ordered this tablet and look forward to trying out you new firmware as soon as it gets here.
Hopefully your Rom will be posted by then.

BTW if the touchscreen does not work in aroma then it could possibly be that the touchscreen drivers where not included in the recovery kernel...

I am a bit experienced in modding and tweaks so maybe I can add some further optimizations to get this thing running better.
I wish they would post sources, but a new stable JB firmware after Chinese newyear would also be great.

Last edited:

loofee

Apr 7, 2007
Maybe a solution for the drivers!?

Hi all!

Have maybe a solution! :fingers-crossed:
Ramos are using some partners

ARM: cpu?

Samsung: gpu?

Yamaha: for the sound?

Realtek: world's largest and most successful IC design houses. Realtek's efforts to provide the ultimate in pioneering IC technology

Pixcir: specializing in design and development of innovative capacitive touch controller ICs, Pixcir multi-touch solutions can also be used in small to large-sized projected capacitive touch panels??

Micron: dram, nand flash, nor flash, ssd, Multichip Packages

amlogic: Leader in video, image and audio processing technology.

Now we got this ok!!
If we know the product number / hardware model
Then we can contact their partener and ask for the driver???

Just a idea :DDDD :confused:

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
Odp: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Hi all!

Have maybe a solution! :fingers-crossed:
Ramos are using some partners

ARM: cpu?

Samsung: gpu?

Yamaha: for the sound?

Realtek: world's largest and most successful IC design houses. Realtek's efforts to provide the ultimate in pioneering IC technology

Pixcir: specializing in design and development of innovative capacitive touch controller ICs, Pixcir multi-touch solutions can also be used in small to large-sized projected capacitive touch panels??

Micron: dram, nand flash, nor flash, ssd, Multichip Packages

amlogic: Leader in video, image and audio processing technology.

Now we got this ok!!
If we know the product number / hardware model
Then we can contact their partener and ask for the driver???

Just a idea :DDDD :confused:

Check this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36528636
And start writing especially to display company

ferreol-fr

Tank's for this ROM. Make more than 100 point better on Antututu.

Why it's so hard to disabled the hardware acceleration in full screen.
I understand there is a bug on it, but as the exynos 4412 is able to decode an HD Ready and a light full HD stream it will be better to disable it than having the black screen.

digimax

Dec 8, 2007
Hi I have prepared a clean and optimized rom, but still no hardware video acceleration :crying:

Hope you like:

[ROM] W30HD - drx v0.01

Thanks a lot my friend, I will test soon. I have a request. I have already broken the "Power" and" Volume -" button, so I have remapped the " power" on the last button i.e." Volume +"

It run, but after the screen is "off" for a few minutes, the button doesn't work anymore. I found an app "shake screen on" that help me: tablet dont stay in "deep sleep" and button work very well even after hours of screen off: the problem is battery drain. Do you have any idea how dont send the "volume+" in deep sleep?

In my case a touch recovery will work better. Do you know if I can install it?

Thanks a lot

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
You want next news????

To: lazik ;)
Subject: Re:W30HD video issues
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:13:48 +0800

Hello, W30HD new firmware in the test, the follow-up when launched, please pay attention to Ramos.

I think they will release JB.

Gymir

Jan 10, 2013
That's the best news I've heard in a long time..

What will happen when the new firmware is released, do I need to take a backup on all my program/games or do I just press the upgrade button in the menu?

I bought Final Fantasy 3, and I dont know where the save files are, so I really need to know before I do anything :)

Any idea if this tablet support MHL like note and galaxy S3?
http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/tele...tphone-till-tv/samsung-mhl-2-0-adapter-p93278

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
That's the best news I've heard in a long time..

What will happen when the new firmware is released, do I need to take a backup on all my program/games or do I just press the upgrade button in the menu?

I bought Final Fantasy 3, and I dont know where the save files are, so I really need to know before I do anything :)

Any idea if this tablet support MHL like note and galaxy S3?
http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/tele...tphone-till-tv/samsung-mhl-2-0-adapter-p93278

It seems it does:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37422161&postcount=172
And the hdcp.keys for hdmi handshake. ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37434275&postcount=179
Not tested though.
I think i have found touch controller gpl driver :D
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36946738&postcount=1

Last edited:

darevix

Aug 6, 2008
Cáceres
Thanks a lot my friend, I will test soon. I have a request. I have already broken the "Power" and" Volume -" button, so I have remapped the " power" on the last button i.e." Volume +"

It run, but after the screen is "off" for a few minutes, the button doesn't work anymore. I found an app "shake screen on" that help me: tablet dont stay in "deep sleep" and button work very well even after hours of screen off: the problem is battery drain. Do you have any idea how dont send the "volume+" in deep sleep?

In my case a touch recovery will work better. Do you know if I can install it?

Thanks a lot
Sorry, I don´t know why you can´t turn on the tablet with volume +
Have you modified the /system/ usr/ keylayout/samsung-keypad.kl?

key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
key 139 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 102 HOME WAKE_DROPPED
key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
key 116 POWER WAKE

About the touch recovery, now it seems complicated because we don´t have the source code to compile our CWM recovery

Greetings.

Reactions: jmichael.fowlkes

sankar24

Nov 24, 2010
chennai
In my tab also pressing vol + or - keeps jumping up and down and makes it very difficult to select the option. Hope they release the source code with JB update.

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Re: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Since theres no other thread for the W30HD ill share my short "user review" here...
Ok, ive had it for almost a month and within one week i had my first shut down on its own while it was on sleep. Unfortunately this is happening unexpectadly, and without a regular pattern, but in the month ive had i, it probably happened 7-8 times.... The only way to revive it when this happens, is via the small reset hole and the power button. I did a factory reset but it didnt fix anything...

I have to say im completley disappointed with this tablet (no comment on the video, youtube, gmail and so on issues...) and i just-wanted to share my experience with other people who maybe thinking of buying this piece of ...... :((( Ill wait a couple of weeks to see if we'll get the JB update and then im just gonna use it as an experimental machine to root for the 1st time...

Sent from my w30hd(QuadCore) using xda app-developers app

ismaelin69

Feb 4, 2013
Only to say that I own one W30HD and I've installed the "drx v0.01" ROM.
This is my first post and I can't write in the ROM treath.
By the moment I don't apreciate differences, Antutu results similar. But anyway, thanks for this ROM.
Fantantic don't lose all the configuration and App's :)

Ismaelin69.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have prepared a clean and optimized rom, but still no hardware video acceleration :crying:

Hope you like:

[ROM] W30HD - drx v0.01
    OK, I have answer but this is just neverending story. After Chinese New Year will com next free days and this can be delayed until Christmas...

Hello guys. I just installed a 8000mAh battery in my W30HD and i thought you guys would like to know how i did it.
    The battery i got is the "[L010] 3.7V,8000mAH PLIB (polymer lithium ion battery) Li-ion battery for tablet pc ,mp3,mp4,cell phone,speaker [36125130] " from AliExpress.com which cost me $20 with shipping.
    Pic of battery in tablet: bildr.no/view/1411334 . As you can see the battery went a little bit over the white plastic and didnt fit perfectly. To fix this i heated up a knife (pic: bildr.no/view/1411335) and cut away some of the plastic, result: bildr.no/view/1411338 . To mount the battery to the back plate i used double sided tape bildr.no/view/1411339
    The tablet works perfectly and charges like normal.
    i put all my free time searching for anything usefull, nothing came up
    So i need you guys asking polite for CT363 driver because that controller is newer than everything out there,

http://www.vtl.com.cn/contact/index.html

If there was other way i would have walk it.We need touch driver that only Ramos and the company that produces it has so ....

Edit:
    I need the outcome of this

adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Thanks
    Hi demetris_l, I tried "adb shell GetProp ro.boot.bootloader" but does not return any information.

Today I received the W30HD and I like the hardware, but the stock rom is horrible :(
    I started cooking the rom but it seems hard to greatly improve performance. Anyway I will try to post this week, the stock rom with Aroma installer, without Chinese applications, root, busybox, zipalign, deodex and init.d.

Greetings and sorry for my horrible English.
    Yes, I can also confirm that. There is problem with hw decoding in Ramos W30HD - all above 720p and streaming apps like youtube. I received confirmation from Ramos support service. We need wait for new firmware. There is no ETA now.
    Other way is find and support custom ROM developer