[HELP] Flashing jbx caused bootloop

Search This thread

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
Hello guys,
I kinda confused about flashing jbx kernel because every time I try to flash it into custom rom (fresh install or not), it made my phone go boot loop (screen never go pass SS menu) right after first reboot system. But if i'm excluding the jbx, there's no problem about booting at all.
this is my flashing prosedure when using jbx:
- wipe everything except sd card & internal
- install rom
- install gapps
- install jbx kernel
- reboot....and bamm! bootloop :(

Already search the rom thread that everyone said it's compatible with it, tried with/without tweak, or wipe cache/dalvik cache every single flashing and still get same problem. Is it just me? Please help me :(
btw this is my 1st thread in xda so please go easy on me :eek:

additional note--> I'm always getting "unable to mount /osh". Maybe there's a connection with this.
Thx

Last edited:

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Hello guys,
I kinda confused about flashing jbx kernel because every time I try to flash it into custom rom (fresh install or not), it made my phone go boot loop (screen never go pass SS menu) right after first reboot system. But if i'm excluding the jbx, there's no problem about booting at all.
this is my flashing prosedure when using jbx:
- wipe everything except sd card & internal
- install rom
- install gapps
- install jbx kernel
- reboot....and bamm! bootloop :(

Already search the rom thread that everyone said it's compatible with it, tried with/without tweak, or wipe cache/dalvik cache every single flashing and still get same problem. Is it just me? Please help me :(
btw this is my 1st thread in xda so please go easy on me :eek:

additional note--> I'm always getting "unable to mount /osh". Maybe there's a connection with this.
Thx
It could be a corrupted zip file. Try re-downloading it.
The mount error you mentioned was faced by some users when they updated to SS 3.6x (some, not all), but it didn't cause any flashing issues.So that is not probably related.

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
It could be a corrupted zip file. Try re-downloading it.
The mount error you mentioned was faced by some users when they updated to SS 3.6x (some, not all), but it didn't cause any flashing issues.So that is not probably related.

thank you for your reply neo. sorry i forgot to mention that i already try jbx even before kitkat version is out. previously i try slimbean with jbx for jb. try re-downloading, try the previous build, still get that problem. And now i'm using KK LiquidSmooth v3.0 nightly and try flashing with JBX_Kernel-3.0-Hybrid-4.4_2014-02-06.zip, yet still getting bootloop. so until now im using it without jbx

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
98 2628252

is there no one here experience this except me? no one have another answer for this? I'm really eager to overclocking and tweaking my xt912

(sorry for the title. use wrong textbox for img verification)

Last edited:

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
is there no one here experience this except me? no one have another answer for this? I'm really eager to overclocking and tweaking my xt912

(sorry for the title. use wrong textbox for img verification)

Are you sure you're downloading the and flashing the correct JBX for your OS. It sounds like the wrong version.

JBX-Kernel 3.0.8 Versions:
0.8.x ==> Android 4.2.2
1.x == > Android 4.3
2.x == > Android 4.4

JBX-Kernel 3.0.31 Versions:
3.x == > Android 4.4

If you're using the correct version with OS, try an older KK JBX zip, he has many for 4.4 (http://d-h.st/users/dtrail/?fld_id=28796#files) and I know at least half work with Liquid Smooth and CM11, did on my XT912. Also Verify MD5 before you flash.

Another problem, based on that error, do you still have root for the device? Double check.

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
Are you sure you're downloading the and flashing the correct JBX for your OS. It sounds like the wrong version.

If you're using the correct version with OS, try an older KK JBX zip, he has many for 4.4 (http://d-h.st/users/dtrail/?fld_id=28796#files) and I know at least half work with Liquid Smooth and CM11, did on my XT912. Also Verify MD5 before you flash.

Another problem, based on that error, do you still have root for the device? Double check.

I think i download the correct one. I'm using JBX_Kernel-3.0-Hybrid-4.4_2014-02-06.zip for liquidsmooth KK, and yes the root access still there.
And the last i try flashing, I still getting the bootloop. then I flash it again to restore the build in kernel and still flashing the moto x camera and a few tweaks and my phone boot perfectly with moto x camera installed. don't know with the tweaks though. I think just the kernel that made my phone bootlooping.

siracuervo

Feb 14, 2014
Buenos Aires
I think i download the correct one. I'm using JBX_Kernel-3.0-Hybrid-4.4_2014-02-06.zip for liquidsmooth KK, and yes the root access still there.
And the last i try flashing, I still getting the bootloop. then I flash it again to restore the build in kernel and still flashing the moto x camera and a few tweaks and my phone boot perfectly with moto x camera installed. don't know with the tweaks though. I think just the kernel that made my phone bootlooping.

Do you have a ROM running now? So, I had this problem with slimkat and the jbx. Just flash the ROM over now! Go on recovery and flash the rom

EDIT: I didn´t read the massage... Solved?
Enviado desde mi XT910

Last edited:

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
Do you have a ROM running now? So, I had this problem with slimkat and the jbx. Just flash the ROM over now! Go on recovery and flash the rom

EDIT: I didn´t read the massage... Solved?
Enviado desde mi XT910

sorry for the late reply. Really busy here :(
Do you mean when I'm getting the bootloop, i have to dirty flash it again with the ROM? okay i'll try as soon as possible.

for changing the kernel, not yet solved. but for installing camera moto x, trickster etc, it's work. I still can't overclocked it.

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
after I dirty flash it, looks like the kernel got replaced with the new one. It's successfully booted, but I cannot overclock it, the apps like xposed, moto x camera, etc is missing.

guitarholixx

Apr 17, 2011
finally it work. i flash it without any tweak at all. my phone need to reboot twice before it successfully enter homescreen.