Trouble flashing CWM (sgh-t999v)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3550812

http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-r...gh-t999sgh-i747sph-l710-fail-proofnoob-proof/

1) I did everything in that tutorial and it worked without any flaw.

But when I rebooted the phone to enter CWM, my phone instead booted into stock android recovery.

How can I make CWM permanent?

2) When I look through custom roms on this site I have noticed the different labels(D2lte, D2tmo, D2usa).

Can you please tell me which label is with my Wind SGH-T999V so that I know which rom I can and cannot install.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
1) Uncheck auto reboot in Odin, After flashing cwm passes unplug cable, remove battery, reinsert battery, and boot straight into recovery..

2) any in this forum should be ok

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3550812

1) Uncheck auto reboot in Odin, After flashing cwm passes unplug cable, remove battery, reinsert battery, and boot straight into recovery..

2) any in this forum should be ok

1) I did exactly that. The first time I got into CWM I flashed the superuser.zip file. After that I rebooted the phone and confirmed root was established. Then when I rebooted the phone to install a custom rom, I was instead booted into stock android recovery.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
1) I did exactly that. The first time I got into CWM I flashed the superuser.zip file. After that I rebooted the phone and confirmed root was established. Then when I rebooted the phone to install a custom rom, I was instead booted into stock android recovery.

You don't need to flash superuser zip if you're gonna flash ROMs, they're all prerooted

D

Deleted member 3550812

You don't need to flash superuser zip if you're gonna flash ROMs, they're all prerooted

I dont think you understand what I am saying.

This was a unrooted phone. I flashed the PDA file via odin. Then I booted into CWM (for the first time ever) to flash the superuser.zip file (to get root).

Then I turned the phone on to confirm that the phone had been rooted, which it is.

Then I rebooted the phone to install a custom rom, but I didnt get CWM recovery I got stock android recovery.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
There is a way to fix it if you search, but what I am saying is that you don't need to flash superuser even if it wasn't rooted.. It seemed like you wanted to flash a ROM so as long as you can get into cwm just flash the rom and you're good

D

Deleted member 3550812

There is a way to fix it if you search, but what I am saying is that you don't need to flash superuser even if it wasn't rooted.. It seemed like you wanted to flash a ROM so as long as you can get into cwm just flash the rom and you're good

If a custom rom has the label d2lte or d2tmo next to it, will it work with my wind t999v?