[Q] 'update from external storage' missing

Search This thread

ouranos99

May 9, 2014
Hi to all,

I have Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100G) which is running Android Version 2.3.6 (Gingerbread).
I'm trying to root it via a zip file in an external SD card but as soon as I press VOLUME+POWER OFF/ON + MIDDLE BUTTON)
I go to the android environment but I do not get the option 'update from external storage'....

Do you have any idea ???

Thanks in advance !! / Yiannis

Mr.cyrux

Jan 14, 2014
Do u have Custom Recovery or Stock?
I think you have to flash a custom Recovery, or try the App Framaroot to Root your phone, then u dont need a new recovery.

ouranos99

May 9, 2014
Framaroot not working....

Do u have Custom Recovery or Stock?
I think you have to flash a custom Recovery, or try the App Framaroot to Root your phone, then u dont need a new recovery.

Thanks but unfortunately is not working.... :(

I mean I have not flashed custom recovery but I have tried the other solution with App Framaroot but unfortunately is not working
(exploit fault code 6).

My problem is that device memory of my S2 is almost full (180 MB) left and after search, I have seen 2 solutions :
1) Type *#9900# and after 2nd option (Delete dumpstate/logcat) -> Not working for me....Grrrrr :(
2) Clear logs under /Data/Logs _> you should have a root phone which is not my case....

Trying to root with different methods, I have not found solution for my Build number : GINGERBREAD.XXLB1

Any other suggestion is more than welcome !!!

Thanks again !!