Play store issue when installing 4.3 Roms

Search This thread

jvjosh19

Jul 5, 2010
I have been having issues with the play store when I flash any 4.3 roms. I get the no connection retry error. Also when i sign in to my Google account, hang outs notification comes up saying that it can not sign in. I odin back to stock and the apps work. If i install any rom that is not 4.3 the play store will work but once I try to do a 4.3 rom the errors occur. The mobile data is working with the browser. I have tried cleaning host files, checking time, creating new account, clearing cache, factory reset and those do not fix the issue. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jvjosh19

Jul 5, 2010
What gapps package are you flashing with the ROM? I would try a different package.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have been using the one that is built into the rom. I did try to flash the latest gapps but it started to force close apps when i rebooted. I don't think I deleted all the gapps that came with the rom though so that may be the issue with the force close. I have not tried to flash an older gapps though. I'll give that a try tonight after work. Thank you for the idea!

MI95SHO

Aug 20, 2012
I have been using the one that is built into the rom. I did try to flash the latest gapps but it started to force close apps when i rebooted. I don't think I deleted all the gapps that came with the rom though so that may be the issue with the force close. I have not tried to flash an older gapps though. I'll give that a try tonight after work. Thank you for the idea!

Clean or Dirty flash?