Unlock bootloader

Search This thread

amogil

Apr 11, 2011
Have you tried this method and did it work for unlocking

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Latoc

Feb 17, 2010
What does unlocking bootloader allow us to do on the tab ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
Ok, got the android stuff.

So what state does my tablet need to be into when I use the initial reboot bootloader command?

Last edited:

doanb555

Feb 24, 2012
Cologne
USB-debugging.
But you can just read a bit in the "A700 full root Rom"-thread. There's everything you need.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
is this windows or linux?

either way, i try on windows and i get

"adb is not recognized as an internal or external command."

It helps to actually follow instructions...

Are you in the android-sdk folder? No? Go to it like the instructions said.

Don't know what the android-sdk folder is? Stop what you're doing now, you're going to break something. Rooting and unlocking bootloaders is not for you. Go do a whole bunch of reading before you try again.

Reactions: CheopsChefren

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008

I was a little confused too in the beginning. But adb is, like the output said, not a Windows command.
You should go to the following URL and download Android SDK:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Then install the .exe.

Once the Android SDK program has started, it'll (down)load and show you all the Android versions and tools.
Make sure you have only selected the checkboxes "Android SDK Platform Tools" and "Google USB driver". Now click on the right bottom button labeled: "Install packages".
Select the radio button: "Accept All" and click "Install".

Now, start cmd (Click start and type cmd and press enter or press the Windows flag + R on your keyboard and type cmd).
A black window will open.
Type (for 64 bit computers, if you don't know what 64 bit is, just try it. If you see an error stating it cannot find the directory, type the quoted command below 32 bit):
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"

32 bit:
cd "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"

Before you continue, install the OEM USB driver:
http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html
(Click with the right mouse button on Computer, click Manage. Go to Device Manager. Right click Acer A700, click update driver software.
Choose "Browe my computer for driver software". Choose "Let me pick from a list".
Click all devices or/and Have disk..
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\ and click the file under the 2 folders (android_winusb.inf)
Click on the first one and install.)

Now follow the instructions as in the first topic, only a little bit different:

In the android-sdk go to the "platform-tools" folder.
Then launch a terminal and type:

Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
-> Device is rebooting

Before you continue, install the OEM USB drivers again, only this time on the Fastboot device:
(Click with the right mouse button on Computer, click Manage. Go to Device Manager. Right click Fastboot, click update driver software.
Choose "Browe my computer for driver software". Choose "Let me pick from a list".
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\ and click the file under the 2 folders
Click on the second one and install.)

type:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
now press the + Volume button to select Unlock then - Volume Button to confirm.

restart:
Code:
[B]fastboot reboot[/B]
(not fastboot reboot-bootloader)

Your bootloader is now unlocked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    -> Device is rebooting

type:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

restart:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

I was a little confused too in the beginning. But adb is, like the output said, not a Windows command.
    You should go to the following URL and download Android SDK:
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    Then install the .exe.

Once the Android SDK program has started, it'll (down)load and show you all the Android versions and tools.
    Make sure you have only selected the checkboxes "Android SDK Platform Tools" and "Google USB driver". Now click on the right bottom button labeled: "Install packages".
    Select the radio button: "Accept All" and click "Install".

Now, start cmd (Click start and type cmd and press enter or press the Windows flag + R on your keyboard and type cmd).
    A black window will open.
    Type (for 64 bit computers, if you don't know what 64 bit is, just try it. If you see an error stating it cannot find the directory, type the quoted command below 32 bit):
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"

32 bit:
    cd "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"

Before you continue, install the OEM USB driver:
    (Click with the right mouse button on Computer, click Manage. Go to Device Manager. Right click Acer A700, click update driver software.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\ and click the file under the 2 folders (android_winusb.inf)
    Click on the first one and install.)

Now follow the instructions as in the first topic, only a little bit different:

Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    -> Device is rebooting

Before you continue, install the OEM USB drivers again, only this time on the Fastboot device:
    (Click with the right mouse button on Computer, click Manage. Go to Device Manager. Right click Fastboot, click update driver software.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\ and click the file under the 2 folders
    Click on the second one and install.)

type:
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

restart:
    Code:
    [B]fastboot reboot[/B]
    (not fastboot reboot-bootloader)

But you also need root right ?

Well, in theory you could also geht root by flashing an prepared Update.zip when the bootloader is unlocked. Beside the ability to flashing anything ( Kernels, Roms etc)

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

Hmm, alright.

I'll say at this point, that I know enough about Linux to be dangerous, but not enough about the Android eco-sphere (quite yet). Trying to dig up information on how to take system dumps and repackage them as .img files & looking into how to make use of the kernel source code that Acer posted.

It helps to actually follow instructions...

Are you in the android-sdk folder? No? Go to it like the instructions said.

Don't know what the android-sdk folder is? Stop what you're doing now, you're going to break something. Rooting and unlocking bootloaders is not for you. Go do a whole bunch of reading before you try again.