Gear Manager + Nexus 5

Search This thread

Soursamo

Jul 10, 2012
Hey guys,

Just got a Gear and trying to get it working with my Nexus 5.
I have read through the guides and always get stuck with connecting Gear Manager;

Flashes installing 0/2
Connect Manually; if I am already connected via Bluetooth it disconnects and never finds the device
Connects, takes me to a restore option.
Selecting either Restore or Reset will fail and start the process over.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

gooiee

Nov 29, 2013
Hey guys,

Just got a Gear and trying to get it working with my Nexus 5.
I have read through the guides and always get stuck with connecting Gear Manager;

Flashes installing 0/2
Connect Manually; if I am already connected via Bluetooth it disconnects and never finds the device
Connects, takes me to a restore option.
Selecting either Restore or Reset will fail and start the process over.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

I had that previously too. Thats because you have previously made a backup using Galaxy Manager.
Delete the backup file on your phone and factory reset your gear, it should work

gooiee

Nov 29, 2013
wanted to advise where the backup file is but I couldn't remember so perhaps you can post it here for others to reference

Soursamo

Jul 10, 2012
Root of your SDCARD, .bs_backup or something.
Right now trying to get the latest Gear Manager to work so I can use Watch Styler but the phone won't seem to sync.

Soursamo

Jul 10, 2012
Well, I actually got it updated to the latest Gear Manager release by just updating after the previous version worked.
Reinstalled Watch Styler and Force Stopped Gear Manager but still no luck; I cannot see Watch Styler Clock under Gear Manager > Clocks as an option :(

Brendo

Well, I actually got it updated to the latest Gear Manager release by just updating after the previous version worked.
Reinstalled Watch Styler and Force Stopped Gear Manager but still no luck; I cannot see Watch Styler Clock under Gear Manager > Clocks as an option :(
Yes, gear manager will work on any phone, it just won't work as a middle man if not a touchwiz rom

gooiee

Nov 29, 2013
Watch Styler works on my Gear Manager in NEXus 5
I CAN change watch faces from there

You need to instal Watch Styler if that helps?

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I can do some s voice commands on my sony z ultra with GPE rom I can takes pictures by saying snap etc or start video recording answer calls and reject pretty cool hey I am using the latest everything.

htowngator

Mar 31, 2008
Anyone have working links to gear manager stub apk? The one on media fire is dead.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pcelli

Sep 12, 2007
Modena
playmore.altervista.org
How did you make it work?

You need to install watch styler on phone version 1.0.9 during installation keep paired the phone and gear manager status connected... After that you can change style clock, after installing it. Close all. Close hear manager and open again and going to the application menu and go back. Open clock and appear watch styler clock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Kamran Ahmed

Oct 21, 2014
Help For watch styler

Watch Styler works on my Gear Manager in NEXus 5
I CAN change watch faces from there

You need to instal Watch Styler if that helps?

Dear i have galaxy manager installed on my nexus 5 and also have watch styler installed. But when i try to change face using watch styler it take me to the galaxy manager but i can't see the watch styler in the galaxy manager. Please guide me how i can use it :(

bengaltiger65

Jul 3, 2014
hello guys

today i bought a galaxy gear. Previous i read that it is possible to connect the gear with my nexus 5. But i tried many gear managers but by version 1.2 ans 1.6 connections fails by higher versions the app crashes.

I hope you can help me. Please give me the link to the gear manager that you use maybe a an ibstruction too.

Thanks