rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
nexusone pvt ship s-on
hboot-0.35.0017
microp-0b15
touch panel-synt0103
radio-5.00.00.04
june 14 2010,12:02:27

That radio version is not the 5.08 radio version that was leaked from the korean firmware but, based on your phone, i don't understand why you cannot downgrade the hboot unless your phone is still locked.
Doesn't it say above all that info unlcoked?
Or, when you boot do you see the unlocked icon on the botton part of the screen?

If you don't then you phone is not unlocked and that would be the reason.

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
That radio version is not the 5.08 radio version that was leaked from the korean firmware but, based on your phone, i don't understand why you cannot downgrade the hboot unless your phone is still locked.
Doesn't it say above all that info unlcoked?
Or, when you boot do you see the unlocked icon on the botton part of the screen?

If you don't then you phone is not unlocked and that would be the reason.

you mean the bootloader? yes it is unlocked i see the unlock icon on bootup

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
i have created mtd0.img, flash_image, and downloaded the epf30. i put mtd0,flash_image on androidsdk tools folder and ran those command on command prompt(nothing happened to my phone). after moving epf30 to sdcard renamed it to passimg, reboot to hboot. it checks the rom and just says cid incorrect. please help me

rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
i have created mtd0.img, flash_image, and downloaded the epf30. i put mtd0,flash_image on androidsdk tools folder and ran those command on command prompt(nothing happened to my phone). after moving epf30 to sdcard renamed it to passimg, reboot to hboot. it checks the rom and just says cid incorrect. please help me
I would say the problem is that you are not applying the mtd0.img file properly.
You need flash_image and mtd0.img in the folder from where you are running adb.
If that's inside androidsdk tools folder, then ok but, if you are running them from another folder, whenever you will execute those commands they will not run.

Do you understand what the commands do?

adb push flash_image /data/flash_image (this copies flash_image inside data folder in the phone)
adb push mtd0.img /data/mtd0.img (this copies mtd0.img inside data folder in the phone)

Did you check that those files are indeed inside the phone?

adb shell (enter in the phone's shell).
You should enter as root, not as a standard user. In order to know that you should see # instead of $.

chmod 755 /data/flash_image (makes flash_image executable)

/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img (flash mtd0.img)

Are you sure all these commands ran without any problem?

nomadism

Jun 23, 2010
I would say the problem is that you are not applying the mtd0.img file properly.
You need flash_image and mtd0.img in the folder from where you are running adb.
If that's inside androidsdk tools folder, then ok but, if you are running them from another folder, whenever you will execute those commands they will not run.

Do you understand what the commands do?

adb push flash_image /data/flash_image (this copies flash_image inside data folder in the phone)
adb push mtd0.img /data/mtd0.img (this copies mtd0.img inside data folder in the phone)

Did you check that those files are indeed inside the phone?

adb shell (enter in the phone's shell).
You should enter as root, not as a standard user. In order to know that you should see # instead of $.

chmod 755 /data/flash_image (makes flash_image executable)

/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img (flash mtd0.img)

Are you sure all these commands ran without any problem?

I think you're right. It seems that evank418 has only unlooked the bootloader, but not gained superuser access to the new Korean Froyo ROM. You'll have to "root" the new Korean Froyo ROM, but I'm not sure if anyone has done that yet...

rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
I think you're right. It seems that evank418 has only unlooked the bootloader, but not gained superuser access to the new Korean Froyo ROM. You'll have to "root" the new Korean Froyo ROM, but I'm not sure if anyone has done that yet...
Well, that could easily be solved having an unlocked phone. Don't need to root it if you can avoid it ;)

He can boot with a custom recovery from fastboot:
fastboot boot custom-recovery.img

Then do a nandroid backup

Then boot back in bootloader and flash any of the dozens firmwares out here that don't need any signing.

Once done that, follow the process to downgrade hboot and finally restore the backup.

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
Well, that could easily be solved having an unlocked phone. Don't need to root it if you can avoid it ;)

He can boot with a custom recovery from fastboot:
fastboot boot custom-recovery.img

Then do a nandroid backup

Then boot back in bootloader and flash any of the dozens firmwares out here that don't need any signing.

Once done that, follow the process to downgrade hboot and finally restore the backup.

so far, i have unlocked, full access to su permision. but those 2 damn files. argggg....i am at work now, so i'm gonna have to try this at home tonight. i really want to say thanks for all the help from people. we will see if this will work tonight. wish me luck guys

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
ok i've tried every possibility for this to work, but i think it is my korean nexus one that refuses to work. =( no matter what i do, i get an error msg of cid incorrect. but luckly, thanks to nomadism, i have successfully installed cyanogen mod 6. so i'm going to have to wait till every developers phone gets updated to 0.17 haha thanks nomadism!!!

PS what is cid????????

Last edited:

AlessandroIT

Nov 17, 2009
Italy
www.androidflash.com
Hello there,
since we can get root on any available rom without unlocking the bootloader,
i'm asking if this method works even if i'm root but have the bootloader locked.
In particular (i didn't tryed yet, just thought that), i think that with bootloader locked it will prevent us flash EPF30 PASSIMG when Froyo is currently running on.
Can OP confirm that? Or will it work anyway?
Thanks

zaman487

Apr 30, 2006
Help: "Process system is not responding"

I CAN'T RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!

This only reverts your SPL/HBOOT back to 0.33.0012 after you've installed the Korean FRF91 files and ended up stuck with 0.35.0017 SPL.

Thanks to the guys in the Desire forums and help from the Nexus Q&A, I have reverted my phone to the original HBOOT so I can apply custom roms again.

First you need to root the Korean FRF91 that's on your phone using Paul's instructions for superboot FRF83.
If you are rooted already, skip this step.
http://android.modaco.com/content/g...-erd79-frf83-superboot-rooting-the-nexus-one/

You need to download the EPF30 update, save it to your SD card as PASSIMG.zip.
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Passion%20(Nexus%20One)/PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_1.14.1700.1_EPF30_release_signed.zip

Create a new mtd0.img file through this site
http://ks33673.kimsufi.com/misc/
I used the values, CID: 11111111 and Rom version: 0.22.997.0
Save the mtd0.img file to you PC.

Download the flash_image binary (right click, save as)
http://benocharm.lensworks.org/flash_image
Make sure it's saved as flash_image, and not flash_image.txt
If it has a Notepad icon, then it's not saved right.

With mtd0.img and flash_image in the same folder, type these commands from within that directory:
Code:
adb push flash_image /data/flash_image
adb push mtd0.img /data/mtd0.img
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img

NOTE: After flashing the MISC partition with the MTD0 from the Desire, you will notice that you have an HTC logo on your phone.
No worries, this goes away after reflashing the EPF30 Nexus One PASSIMG.zip package.

Power off your phone, then turn it on by holding VolDown and pressing Power.

It will start up in HBOOT mode and will prompt you to flash the EPF30 PASSIMG.zip update.

Once this is finished you can root the EPF30 system through Paul's superboot instructions above, then use Rom Manager from the market to apply a custom recovery again.

Now, remember not to flash the new HBOOT again.

I'd recommend flashing the 5.08 radio for the N1 through other means. Search the forum to find the instructions.

I followed all the instructions but now my phone has no reception and continually flashes up the following message: "Process system is not responding"

I did a nandroid restore and re-attempted to do the downgrade again. When i root the device it comes up with "Process system is not responding" on the screen with no reception?

any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Last edited:

sir.knatter

Sep 3, 2010
Berlin
hey, i do this step by step und its work, i think. but the problem is, my phone is a lcd version und now i can see anything. if i start the phone the screen is black, und the trackball is lightning red. i think i need the new hboot 35, because the old hboot 33 ist not for lcd. any ideas for getting back the new hboot 35.

the only communication way ist over fastboot, after i started with power+trackball

need help, please :confused:

sir.knatter

Sep 3, 2010
Berlin
i fixed it :)

i found PASSIMG_Passion_KT_KR_2.15.1010.2_FRF91_release_signed.zip und pushed it to sd-card as PASSIMG.zip and update it blind with power+vol- -> wait -> and vol+ for yes, after this, the display works fine. after change the language from korean to my language (german) my nexus one is repaiered :D

but now the trackball lights always red. so i have to fix this. any ideas?

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
after the "adb shell" line works, i type the next line, the final/long one and i get /data/myd0.img: no such file or directory

i dont know whether i messed up the commands or the file. I tried the commands several times, a few different ways. It also doesnt seem to like the "misc" portion of the line, i get misc: no such file or directory

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
Can i just copy and paste the flash_image and mtd files into the "data" folder in my phone? I cant get the files to push via adb....thanks

edit: I tried it thru terminal, everything seemed to work, no errors but im still on 35.0017. Ive tried for hours and hours to revert, its obviously not meant to be so im moving on, this rom is great anyway. FYI, the CID generator doesnt work anymore, the address is no longer good. I tried it from another forum but no dice

Last edited:

ali3nfr3ak

Dec 1, 2008
Christchurch
hey there...sorry to hear of your troubles...what rom are you on...and what happens when you type....

adb remount

attached flash_image and mtd0.img in adb.zip

Attachments

• ADB.zip
    50 KB · Views: 3,805
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts