Capacitive pen for taking notes.

Search This thread

crzy619

Aug 29, 2010
Daygo
Ok, so I picked up a jot pro after reading the reviews and happy with it. Works well clicking on apps, i even purchased the touchscreentune but what note program are you guys using? No matter what I do I'm not happy with the results, I really don't want to buy a slate. Any suggestions , thanks
-D
Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

craigccfl

Mar 5, 2011
Was going to ask about the difference between touchscreen free vs registiered. I should have looked at the app closer. Sorry for taking up space.

Last edited:

kkhull

Oct 1, 2011
I bought the Dagi 504 and Im very content. The transparent plate makes it easy to see where the tip of the pen is.

The touchscreentune app will set you back 5$ (registered version) and it makes a world of a difference so its worth it!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336464

I have a white line stylus for drawing, but the real lifesaver was touchscreen tune. Quality and responsiveness improved a million times!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Crhysis

Aug 11, 2010
Bangalore
Ok, so I picked up a jot pro after reading the reviews and happy with it. Works well clicking on apps, i even purchased the touchscreentune but what note program are you guys using? No matter what I do I'm not happy with the results, I really don't want to buy a slate. Any suggestions , thanks
-D
Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Try SuperNote from the Asus Transformer Prime. Really nice for taking notes and works just fine with the SGT.

You can find the apk file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204931

craigccfl

Mar 5, 2011
Very happy with my jots write pad. Touchscreen Tune is a must for tab users. Just upgraded to the ICS Rom and Touchscreen Tune and writepad are working perfectly. I've taken hundreds of pages of notes at various meetings and presentations. I love the fact that with Writepad and I can export to *.pdf and use for later references.

I'm never going back to paper unless the power grid goes down.

Doomweaver

Sep 23, 2011
Has anyone got an opinion on how these pens work for artworks as opposed to taking notes? I am currently trying to convince a mate that he should get an android tablet and that's one of hi sticking points.

Doomweaver

Sep 23, 2011
Just got my adonit jot pro. It's pretty good. The main shortcoming seems to be on the app front rather than the stylus.

The stylus itself seems accurate. There is lag however in sketchbook pro. It isn't as big a drawback as one would think. It didn't annoy me anywhere near as much as I anticipated it would. I'll see how it stacks up as I get more experience I guess. In autocad ws I had no stylus lag when free drawing.

Build quality is great. Looks great too.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010

jbowker

May 17, 2010
Adonit Jot Pro

I purchased the Adonit Jot Pro. It worked great for about 2 weeks. The tip is flimsy and broke off. It has a one year warranty, but they would not replace it. they said they could not find my order number and I was out of luck.

I would not buy a product from this company. Their support is horrible.

brianious

Nov 27, 2010
To people considering what App to use, LectureNote(s) is the best app by far.
I've tried EVERY SINGLE writing apps, and this one is far and away the best one. It is absolutely amazing with everything you need (PDF export, import image and rotate/resize etc, cropping, copy and paste a section, palm rejection) etc etc.
I would spend 4 bucks on this app ASAP and use it.

You also need TouchScreenTune ofc.. it is a must. This will also provide you with palm rejection feature.

I still cannot find a fine point capacitive pen that will work...

Jummy

Sep 19, 2007
To people considering what App to use, LectureNote(s) is the best app by far.
I've tried EVERY SINGLE writing apps, and this one is far and away the best one. It is absolutely amazing with everything you need (PDF export, import image and rotate/resize etc, cropping, copy and paste a section, palm rejection) etc etc.
I would spend 4 bucks on this app ASAP and use it.

You also need TouchScreenTune ofc.. it is a must. This will also provide you with palm rejection feature.

I still cannot find a fine point capacitive pen that will work...
+ 1, lecturenotes is awesome!

PeterDer

Dec 9, 2010
I just ordered a Dagi P507

Will try to make a review of it when I get it.

Using a citrix based program with lots of small dropdown menues that I hope will be easier to use with a pen :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your not out of luck... just need this!!

As u guys know capacitive stylus have a very wide point so that it can be recognized by the device, therefore affecting precision. Thankfully some people already came up with a solution. U have to options.

1) DIY fine ponit stylus with materials u can find in ur house... for FREE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2BF5yQM

I found a blog where someone made a more precise intructions .... but I don't
    remember the site! :p

2) Someone took the idea to kickstarter and now they are commercializing there
    version of a fine point stylus.... only that it cost around 20-30 bucks:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwfoEk0-bY
    http://adonit.net/product/7

I just pre ordered one of these bad boys!!!
    In the videos in the 3rd post, you can see art rendering.

Seems pretty descent!