Search This thread

Apocalypsebc

Mar 3, 2010
Macon
Why is there no htc 7 pro section? and how do you think the HTC 7 Pro stand up against the HTC touch pro 2 and Samsung Epic 4G? this is what I wrote to Htc and Sprint!

HTC,
Htc 7 Pro
I would like to know the big difference between the Htc Touch Pro 2 and the new Htc 7 Pro, which is heading to sprint next year, and how does the Htc 7 Pro compare to the Samsung Epic 4G? I have also added a conclusion that people would like to see you take into consideration. It is just a small favor for the small upgrade to what suppose to be the successor to the touch Pro 2.
Phone Htc Touch Pro 2
Operating System Windows Mobile® 6.5 Professional
Processor Qualcomm® MSM7600™ 528 MHz
Internal Memory ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 288 MB
Display 3.6-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution with adjustable tilt screen
Technology CDMA: Dual-band 800/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A, and IS-95A/B voice or data, with up to 1.8 Mbps up-link and 3.1Mbps down-link speeds
Email Support for Office Outlook Mobile® and Microsoft Exchange® with Direct Push
Dimensions 4.57” (L) x 2.33” (W) x 0.68 (D)
Weight 6.35 ounces (with battery)
Battery 1500 mAh Li-on
Talk time: Up to 4 hours
Standby: over 2 weeks
(The above are subject to network and phone usage)
Speakerphone Straight Talk™ with built-in dual Microphone and dual speakers for conference call
Built-in Camera 3.2 megapixel color camera with auto focus
Audio/Video Windows Media® Player 10 Mobile, MPEG-4, AVI, WAV, MP3, MP4, MIDI, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, WMA
I/O Interface Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for stereo wireless headsets, WiFi®: IEEE 802.11b/g
Expansion microSD™ memory card slot
Device Navigation Slide out QWERTY keyboard, end/power button, send/hands-free button, back/clear button, Home button, volume up/down button, power button
Antenna Internal antenna
In-Box Content HTC Touch Pro2, AC phone charger, USB sync cable, battery, extra stylus, LCD screen protector, Getting Started CD, Get Started poster, Basics Guide, Set up Your Email Guide, Features Guide

Phone
Htc 7 Pro
Size
59mm(2.32") 15.5mm(0.61") 117.5mm(4.63")
Weight
• 185 grams (6.53 ounces) with battery
Keyboard
• Slideout keyboard
Display
• Type: Touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
• Size: 3.6 inches
• Resolution: 480 x 800 WVGA

Screen size: 91.4 mm (3.6")
CPU Processing Speed
1 GHz
Storage
Internal storage: 8 GB
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 448 MB
Connectors
• 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
• Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
Sensors
• G-Sensor
• Digital compass
• Proximity sensor
• Ambient light sensor
HTC Hub
• Weather, Stocks, Converter, Photo Enhancer, Sound Enhancer, and more
• Downloadable apps and games
Multimedia1
• See photos from your camera, Facebook® and Windows Live™ accounts in the Pictures hub
• Music and Videos Hub powered by Zune® lets you listen to radio, download music, and more
• SRS surround sound
Audio supported formats:
• .m4a, .m4b, .mp3, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
Video supported formats:
• Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m4v, .mbr, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9 and VC-1)
• Recording: .mp4
Power & Battery2
Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer or Lithium-ion battery
Capacity: 1500 mAh
Talk time:
• WCDMA: Up to 420 mins
• GSM: Up to 330 mins
Standby time3:
• WCDMA: Up to 420 hours
• GSM: Up to 360 hours
Network4
Europe:
• HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Asia Pacific:
• HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
• GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Platform5
Windows® Phone OS 7
Camera
• 5 megapixel color camera
• Auto focus and flash
• 720p HD video recording
• Built-in scenes include candlelight, landscape, and portrait match the environment of your subject
Internet6
3G:
• Up to 7.2 Mbps download speed
• Up to 2 Mbps upload speed
GPRS:
• Up to 114 kbps downloading
EDGE:
• Up to 560 kbps downloading
Wi-Fi®:
• Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth®
• Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
• A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
• Other supported profiles: AVRCP, HFP, HSP, PBAP
Social Networking
• Facebook® and Windows Live™
• Share photos on Facebook® or Windows Live™ SkyDrive®
• Bing™ Maps
Special Features
• Customize your phone with live tiles which dynamically update all key information right on the Start screen
• Choose from thousands of video titles and music tracks via integrated Zune® services
• Play console-quality video games with XBox LIVE® integration
Recommended Windows System Requirements
• Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows® XP
• Zune® software

In conclusion, The Htc touch pro 3 (aka) Htc 7 Pro, which suppose to be more of a business phone, should have a frontward facing camera, at least a micro sd memory card reader for those of us who already have a 16gig micro sd memory card, at least a 4.0 inch screen, and run on the 4G network. I will not mention that the Bluetooth and USB use old technology on the Htc 7 Pro when the new Bluetooth and USB upgraded technology is available. Asking for mobile hotspot and a 1.5 dual core processor would be asking for too much. Most importantly Htc, how does the Htc 7 Pro compare to the Samsung Epic 4G besides the OS?! For those who would like to see the specs of the Samsung Epic 4G with Sprint, go to the Sprint website or Google it.
Notice the full five-row keyboard and big 4-inch screen with a frontward facing camera for video conference. Most importantly check out the specs! So what is the difference between the Htc touch Pro 2 and Htc 7 Pro, and how does it compare to the Samsung Epic 4G?!

SUCCESSOR

Jan 31, 2010
Las Cruces, NM
It helps to have only half a brain.

Here's where 7 Pro falls short:

--NO SD SLOT!!
--8Gb of memory
--448Mb RAM

No SD slot makes 8Gb very weak. This is supposed to be an enterprise phone but no SD slot. Needs atleast 16Gb or expansion slot.

448 of RAM? That's less than the MyTouch Slide. Needs atleast 576.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
The 7 pro has no Multitasking!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

HTC almost had me buy this phone when it is out. I just liked its looks and specifications when it was announced.

However, the absence of sd/microsd card slot have made me rule it out of my plans. A very poor decision on the part of HTC - maybe they wanted to please Microsoft their partner, as it seems that all W7P do not support a memory expansion card.

Fl4v1en

Sep 3, 2008
Lyon
It helps to have only half a brain.

Here's where 7 Pro falls short:

--NO SD SLOT!!
--8Gb of memory
--448Mb RAM

No SD slot makes 8Gb very weak. This is supposed to be an enterprise phone but no SD slot. Needs atleast 16Gb or expansion slot.

448 of RAM? That's less than the MyTouch Slide. Needs atleast 576.

Erm, Htc says it has 576mb of ram, just like HD2

exilkubaner

Jan 18, 2009
Tübingen
i have the phone and it has 8GB and 576mb ram.

the missing sd-slot ist not a poor choice by htc but a requirement by microsoft to run wp7 on it.
still, i have no clue why this phone has only 8gb

neptune

May 25, 2006
London
thank you but i'll stick with my Touch Pro....will wait for a proper windows 7 phone with keyboard to come out...I never had a phone for this long before but the Raphael is doing me nicely....even downgraded after using Touch Pro 2 for a bit...

Tempest790

Jun 30, 2007
New Orleans
Sprint released the CDMA version of this phone as well. I hope to see a forum section on it, although I'm with AT&T. I hope a GSM version of this phone comes to the U.S. (or Canada) so we can run 3G bands on it.

I loved my Tilt and Tilt 2, so this looks like the next logical step. I presume AT&T won't be happy until they redo the keyboard like every other HTC phone. :-/

Maybe they're waiting for some 4G hardware version (HSPA+ 14.4)? Wouldn't mind that.

Fl4v1en

Sep 3, 2008
Lyon
Strange thing, when entering bootloader, the phone print a SD Sandisk 7xxxmb, juste like other phones with SD o_O

PlatinCH

Sep 16, 2008
Strange: In the opening post, the writer asks the question but doesn't answer it.

So I would like to ask the same question once again: Why is there no HTC 7 Pro Section?

pro7ieben

Mar 9, 2011
Hi to everyone!

got my 7 pro last week and it's a really great phone, so far anyway
allso can't seem to find 7pro section anywhere, is there any reason for that?