3G confusingly goes on/off

Search This thread

ang3l

Feb 4, 2007
Dublin
Hi all, in the beginning I thought it's a problem with my network/SIM card. For that reason I tried a SIM card from another carrier, but problem persists..

So, suddenly my phone would only lock on GPRS/EDGE and denied to go on HSDPA/3G/4G. Completely out of context at that time I thought to dirty flash a new nightly of the Carbon ROM that I had already downloaded, and the problem was solved!!! Booted in android, and boom connected to 4G..

It happened again during the following days, and every time a dirty flash of the next nightly would fix the issue. Without a logical explanation for my understandings, but it just fixed the problem.

Now, since yesterday, it is not recovering with the above technique so it's time to seek further into the issue! With your help of course :)

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi all, in the beginning I thought it's a problem with my network/SIM card. For that reason I tried a SIM card from another carrier, but problem persists..

So, suddenly my phone would only lock on GPRS/EDGE and denied to go on HSDPA/3G/4G. Completely out of context at that time I thought to dirty flash a new nightly of the Carbon ROM that I had already downloaded, and the problem was solved!!! Booted in android, and boom connected to 4G..

It happened again during the following days, and every time a dirty flash of the next nightly would fix the issue. Without a logical explanation for my understandings, but it just fixed the problem.

Now, since yesterday, it is not recovering with the above technique so it's time to seek further into the issue! With your help of course :)

Just in case, did you checked your ''preferred network type'' by dialing *#*#4636#*#* ? It should be set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE AUTO''

ang3l

Feb 4, 2007
Dublin
Just in case, did you checked your ''preferred network type'' by dialing *#*#4636#*#* ? It should be set to ''GSM/WCDMA/LTE AUTO''

Actually no, I was not aware of this setting.. WCDMA preferred is selected, and the option you suggested does not exist. You can see the screenshots for the options..