[Q] cm9 buttons dont illuminate

Search This thread

pmpic

Apr 10, 2012
I installed cm9 after using cm7 and cant get the four buttons on the phone to light up. They are accessible but not illuminated. has anyone else encountered this problem.

Also I was wondering if the Cm7 uses more battery than cm9

Reactions: atomwes

pmpic

Apr 10, 2012
cm9 illumination

If you mean display auto brightness ok but when I'm outside I can't see the screen...guess ibhave to toggle back and forth. I had switched back to cm7. In your opinion is 9 worth changing to. It seems like in 7 everything is working pretty well.

Thank you for the reply

Reactions: atomwes

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
I installed cm9 after using cm7 and cant get the four buttons on the phone to light up. They are accessible but not illuminated. has anyone else encountered this problem.

Toggling auto brightness on and off solves it. Just tinker with it..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Reactions: atomwes and pmpic

atomwes

Apr 12, 2012
Menu keys...

Ive been using the dinc2 since last July and I got used to the buttons to the point that I noticed they didn't light up, but until I saw this post, I never considered it a "problem". Since I knew where they were and didn't need to see them to use them. If they ever do "fix" this issue I hope they allow for a settings option to keep them turned off. I actually enjoy them off, in my mind its just one more security feature. I know when my wife tries to use my phone she needs to see them, and since recently rooting to CM9 I don't want her bricking my phone. Because of the unlit buttons she has stopped using my phone (she uses some cheap AT&T phone, refuses to switch to Verizon). Just throwing my opinion in the mix. Thanks for the post as well I wasn't sure it was intentional or not.

Reactions: pmpic

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Ive been using the dinc2 since last July and I got used to the buttons to the point that I noticed they didn't light up, but until I saw this post, I never considered it a "problem". Since I knew where they were and didn't need to see them to use them. If they ever do "fix" this issue I hope they allow for a settings option to keep them turned off. I actually enjoy them off, in my mind its just one more security feature. I know when my wife tries to use my phone she needs to see them, and since recently rooting to CM9 I don't want her bricking my phone. Because of the unlit buttons she has stopped using my phone (she uses some cheap AT&T phone, refuses to switch to Verizon). Just throwing my opinion in the mix. Thanks for the post as well I wasn't sure it was intentional or not.
I believe in the advanced brightness settings under CMSettings you can do just that. Whenever I run a CM rom, I always go to the brightness settings under edit Other Levels and set all the softkey values on the far right column to 255 so they're always the same brightness and look nice. I like the sheen they have, but I can only see it when they're close to full brightness.

If you did the opposite, set all the values to 0 and then click Save and Apply Values at the top of that screen, they should, theoretically, never turn on.

Reactions: atomwes and pmpic

pmpic

Apr 10, 2012
Thank you ....as I am new to a rooted phone and this forum I didn't know those adjustments were available...learn something new everyday ......
Does cm9 drain the battery alot quicker or is it unnoticeable

Reactions: RegnierD

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thank you ....as I am new to a rooted phone and this forum I didn't know those adjustments were available...learn something new everyday ......

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question for you, as my phone doesn't like our ICS builds. Until we get a leaked official kernel and some source, I'm SOL.

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire
I believe in the advanced brightness settings under CMSettings you can do just that. Whenever I run a CM rom, I always go to the brightness settings under edit Other Levels and set all the softkey values on the far right column to 255 so they're always the same brightness and look nice. I like the sheen they have, but I can only see it when they're close to full brightness.

If you did the opposite, set all the values to 0 and then click Save and Apply Values at the top of that screen, they should, theoretically, never turn on.

Where exactly are these settings? Running CM7 with the same problem as the OP and can't find it anywhere. Edit: found the settings and putting them all at 255 didn't do anything. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to use auto brightness.

Toggling auto brightness on and off solves it. Just tinker with it..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium