[ROM] |4/21/2012| |ReloadedROM™| |CM9 Reloaded v1.2H| |Kindle Fire| |Kernel 3.0|

Search This thread

TheTitleist

Apr 24, 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I am having issues flashing this ROM from TWRP.

What I have done:
1] Downloaded current version
2] Rebooted into TWRP
3] Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik
4] Attempt to install ROM

When I press install, TWRP seems to restart - I get the TWRP splash screen and it brings me right back to the main menu.

Resolved - flashed another ROM then back to Reloaded and it works.

PS - thanks for developing this, it might have a few issues currently but I find it's the most reliable and full featured ICS rom available for the Fire right now. I appreciate you.

Last edited:

mdaa83

Mar 31, 2011
Is there a git repository for this ROM that I can access?

Great ROM btw!

Last edited:

rekless

Dec 22, 2010
THANKS!

Awesome ROM! Wanted to say thanks for the dev time on this. Look forward to the fixing of the remaining issues. Keep up the great work.

mdaa83

Mar 31, 2011
Skimming through this and the development thread, I have found one message related to the one non Kernel related issue that I see but I didn't see (or completely missed) any reply so far.

Whenever a notification displays it's not really readable and seems to mee to be missing a background graphic (it was described as checkered). I haven't seen this in the other ROMs using the 3.0 kernel. Is this a problem affecting most people or have I missed something somewhere?

The attached png file shows theeffect that I was referring to (I tried to include the image in this post as a link but I don't have enough posts to XDA yet; sorry). Is this expected with this ROM?

Clearly text and images can be see; the issue is the the background's transparency.

T.

Attachments

• bug-device-2012-04-26-120130.jpg
    bug-device-2012-04-26-120130.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 200

abaxaba

Dec 21, 2011
Help ! tried to install this mod v.1.2H. Did everything following instructions. After restart it was stuck on bootloop. after that if run into strange mode. black screen and adb not working.

adb devices shows me this:
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device

and that's it.

cannot do anything with the kindle.
adb shell not working
fastboot not working also.
see only black screen.

tried to push 20 sec. and turn back . nothing helps.

Please help me. :confused:

bobojones

Apr 24, 2011
same thing happening to me

i have tried flashing other roms and flashing back... no luck. i get the yellow triangle twice then it boots back to TWRP... any ideas?

log says:
E: cannot load volume /misc!
E: unable to stat /sd-ext/.

I am having issues flashing this ROM from TWRP.

What I have done:
1] Downloaded current version
2] Rebooted into TWRP
3] Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvik
4] Attempt to install ROM

When I press install, TWRP seems to restart - I get the TWRP splash screen and it brings me right back to the main menu.

Resolved - flashed another ROM then back to Reloaded and it works.

PS - thanks for developing this, it might have a few issues currently but I find it's the most reliable and full featured ICS rom available for the Fire right now. I appreciate you.

Last edited:

Ciespi

May 17, 2009
Mid West
I Posted this in the other Thread I'll Posted here in Case someone needs it.

Anyone that wants to Use Google Play Movies.
1. Delete the APK from System/app (com.google.android.videos-1.apk)
2. Reboot.
3. Download and install Google Play movies from Google Play store.
4. Use something like Voodoo OTA to temporary unroot.
5. Enjoy Google Play Movies!!!

picture.php

The Picture was Probably unnecessary but wanted show everyone it works.

Reactions: umash4

umash4

Apr 22, 2012
Anyone that wants to Use Google Play Movies.

Exactly what I was trying to do last night. Thanks for sharing

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

i have tried flashing other roms and flashing back... no luck. i get the yellow triangle twice then it boots back to TWRP... any ideas?

log says:
E: cannot load volume /misc!
E: unable to stat /sd-ext/.

reset boot to Normal in kfu

Last edited:
Reactions: bobojones

acastellan

Jul 16, 2010
muy buena ROM, lo mas importante estable, no se ha bloqueado en 5 dias ni una sola vez Felicitaciones.

Solo una cosa ¿puedo montar USB directo al pc o solo se puede por modo recovery?

:):):):):)

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX
If the KF is the only device connected, just use adbbto push specific files.

Example: adb push reloaded13.zip /sdcard/

The device should show in adb as a device number instead of the device name. Just try having the one device connected and go direct. Works perfect for me with the bug of not mounting as mass storage device.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

freestylejunki32

Jan 26, 2012
Seattle
has any one been able to get location services to work??? I'm pretty sure there have been other rooms that have gotten it to work but I don't know anything about developing so I have no clue how to do it myself

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA

bobojones

Apr 24, 2011
just installed 1.3 beta

its really awesome thank you so much. the battery charging light now works. the screen doesn't get messed up anymore when unlock. usb mounting still does not work for me even with included 'stickmount' app. also notification bar still bugs out when i am downloading or if anything changes on it. once animations stop it looks great though.

thanks again!!!!:)

ccfoo242

Mar 12, 2011
I didn't notice the bit about "Only flash in TWRP" until it was too late. I used CWM recovery and loaded the rom and the kindle got stuck in a boot loop. Pretty sure it killed the battery even though I plugged it into the wall while I searched for a solution.

So, what are my options now? This is my first brick in several years.

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
yes, you need to alter some text in the boot.img & updater script.
you need to unpack boot.img & alter init.omap4430.rc then repack and alter updater script (the later can be edited in archive manager).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
I didn't notice the bit about "Only flash in TWRP" until it was too late. I used CWM recovery and loaded the rom and the kindle got stuck in a boot loop. Pretty sure it killed the battery even though I plugged it into the wall while I searched for a solution.

So, what are my options now? This is my first brick in several years.

use the stock wall charger (1.8A) leave it on charge for a good 20-30 mins, then try to power on.
if it powers on you need to reinstall twrp to be able to boot new 3.0 kernels.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

ttakacs

Mar 16, 2008
Question about 1.3H beta: will I have to reinstall my non-Google apps after flashing? Right now, I have 1.2H with Kernel #8.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20572262.jpg

This will be a thread where people can give feedback on my rom for the KF. I was requested to create this because some people can not post in the development section yet. Please give positive feedback as well as constructive criticism in this thread. Also, you can make requests for features. Thank you guys for all of the support and I hope that everyone can express their opinion about CM9 Reloaded on the KF.

Cheers, everyone!

Original Development thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563171
    Thanks everyone. I hope that in the future this from can become even more stable.

~ BiteBlaze via HTC Sensation
    The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

I have the latest cm9 1.2H rom and hashcode's kernel #7 flashed.

Its a kernel issue that I'm actively troubleshooting (it might be the last big bug actually).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
    The other issue is Netflix. The application itself works, I can browse titles and stuff, but no videos play. I click play and nothing. No error or anything, just nothing. Will 1.3 fix this?

There is a build.prop fix you can do to get this working without 1.3. :) To fix it, use RootExplorer (or any other file manager with root permissions) and locate your build.prop file. Find the line that says ro.product.model, and change the value from "Kindle Fire" to "Amazon Kindle Fire". Save it, and reboot. This will fix it.

If you haven't done this before, shoot me a pm and I'll try to walk you through it. :)
    Fantastic

Just flashed this and it works so well! I feel like i finally have a fully fictional android tablet!

Just out of curiosity; Why haven't you made this available via a bit-torrent download (with web seeds)? It would solve the bandwidth issue i noticed you had when you first released this.

Keep up the fantastic work!