• Video playback

Votes: 237 80.3%
  • Panorama

Votes: 58 19.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
I would agree, this does seem much better than the CM9 or CNA releases at the moment. Great ROM!

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

D

DennisDroid

The Battery Drain of this Rom with DoomKernel v2 is awesome for me.

Since i have unplugged the phone from the charger (10h 30m 8s) i have 81% Battery that are 0,54% per hour oO

S

s3l3ct4

Already tested :)
BTW, it's looks like I can't download NOVA 2... I'm trying to contact Gameloft, but it seems that they took their day off...
Did anyone had this bug? (I link the image) :
obJ5v.png

I just tried NOVA 2 again, does the same with me, really wish they would at least provide alternative means of downloading SD data(torrents or cloudshare) Well we can look forward to NOVA 3

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I can't make the pad work with asphalt. Do you have a workaround? :)

Which kernel are you using? I used the latest Keiran's Kernel (dfk4.img) Also I tested this with my Stock Gingerbread Titanium Backup of Asphalt 6(which is free on the xperia play) on this ROM and I still had the SD Data. The market might not pick up the right version of this (Adreno) Try flashing back to stock GB, root and busybox, install game, backup with TB and restore again on this ROM.

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
I just tried NOVA 2 again, does the same with me, really wish they would at least provide alternative means of downloading SD data(torrents or cloudshare) Well we can look forward to NOVA 3
Yeah I hope so. Hopefully, it only costed me 1€, but it's makes me a bit upset...

Which kernel are you using? I used the latest Keiran's Kernel (dfk4.img) Also I tested this with my Stock Gingerbread Titanium Backup of Asphalt 6(which is free on the xperia play) on this ROM and I still had the SD Data. The market might not pick up the right version of this (Adreno) Try flashing back to stock GB, root and busybox, install game, backup with TB and restore again on this ROM.
I'm using KeiCS v2 right now. Gonna try it when I'll have some free time, I'm in the middle of the exams week TT

Anyway, thanks for your help! :)

N

nerdfacenyan

I'm pretty sure I did that once, just had to flash the cdma fixes over it. Worst case wipe and reflash both

Sent from my DROIDRAZR using XDA

beez1717

Dec 23, 2010
Pleasant Hill CA
I can confirm that muffin Knight works with the controller on this rom. Sumo panda and ninja kitty here I come!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
didn't write it... im sorry.
THE BEST ROM ATM!!!
If only video recording would work and if i could overclock my phone to 2ghz as in doomkernel it would have been perfect :)

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Is it just me or does it feel a little sluggish? Menus seem to crawl, animations are hesitant..those kinds of things. I'm on a R800x with KeiCS kernel, OCed to 1.2

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Is it just me or does it feel a little sluggish? Menus seem to crawl, animations are hesitant..those kinds of things. I'm on a R800x with KeiCS kernel, OCed to 1.2

You are experiencing the effects of a FPS uncap.
On this and CM9, the frame rate is not capped, and because we have a 60Hz screen, we can only theoretically update the screen 60 times a second. So by default we are capped at 60fps. Because the frame rate is not capped, your 3D performance will be miles better, and it has been done in a way so that there are no horrible artifacts. So scrolling through menus may seem sluggish, but that is because it is doing it faster than your screen allows :)

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
You are experiencing the effects of a FPS uncap.
On this and CM9, the frame rate is not capped, and because we have a 60Hz screen, we can only theoretically update the screen 60 times a second. So by default we are capped at 60fps. Because the frame rate is not capped, your 3D performance will be miles better, and it has been done in a way so that there are no horrible artifacts. So scrolling through menus may seem sluggish, but that is because it is doing it faster than your screen allows :)

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

wow so that means there is nothing we can do bout the slight lag dude in the op is talking bout

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you like my work, hit thanks and consider Donating me!

Hi all! This is my first work. I'm very very very noob and maybe this project is too hard for me!

I have compiled AOKP from source with CM9 Device and Vendor trees.

Thanks to cj360 we now have also a CDMA Fix: Download here

Tested games: look at this post.

ChangeLog:

Code:
    [B]Alpha 0:[/B]

- Initial release

[B]Beta 0:[/B]

- Chaged build.prop to make the ROM work
    - Added new Adreno drivers
    - Added some system apps

[B]Beta 1:[/B]

- Working Data
    - WiFi indicator fix included

[B]Beta 2:[/B]

- Stability fixes
    - Enabled USB mass storage
    - Synced with latest AOKP repos

[B]Beta 2.1:[/B]

- Working video playback
    - Some battery fixes

[B]Beta 2.2:[/B]

- Framework fixes (more stability)

[B]Beta 2.3:[/B]

- Updated to Build 32

[B]Beta 2.3b:[/B]

- ROM is now DooMKernel ready! (No modules required)
    - ADB persistent

[B]RC 0.1[/B]

- Fixed Panorama
    - New build.prop tweaks
    - Updated to Build 34

[B]RC 1[/B]

- Updated to Milestone 5
    - Something else

[B]RC 1.1[/B]

- Updated to Build 35

[B]RC 1.2[/B]

- Updated to Build 36

[B]RC 1.3[/B]

- Updated to Build 37
    - Added Apollo music player

[B]RC 2[/B]

- Updated to Build 38
    - I'm testing...

[B]RC 3[/B]                           [B]RC 3 Linaro[/B]

- Updated to Build 39          - Like normal but compiled with Linaro toolchain
    - All FXP changes              - WiFi moduled added
                                   - Don't forget to flash Audio fix!

[B]RC 3.1[/B] 

- Updated to Build 40
    - All FXP changes

[B]RC 4[/B] 

- Updated to Milestone 6
    - All FXP changes

What works:

- Boots
    - Camera
    - Root
    - Orientation
    - Touchscreeen
    - Sound
    - Wi-Fi
    - USB Debug
    - GSM
    - GPS
    - Front Camera
    - Data
    - Gamepad
    - Bluetooth
    - USB Mass storage
    - Touchpads
    - Video playback
    - Video recording

What does not work:

- Maybe Bluetooth

Screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110223.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110403.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110259.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110325.png

Instructions: Here more detailed.

- Flash Kernel "fastboot flash boot boot.img".
    - In recovery wipe data and cache.
    - In recovery flash the ROM.
    - Reboot.
    - In recovery flash Gapps and reboot.

Download:

ROM & Kernel

Milestone 6

Google Apps:

Latest Gapps

Audio Fix: (for Linaro RC 3)

Audio Fix

Sources:

My sources

Credits:

Doomlord for his apport to Play's kernel development.
    KeiranFTW for his Kernel and fundamental help.
    CyanogenMod/Freexperia Team for sources.
    AOKP Team for the beautiful ROM.
    FreeXperia Team for Kernel and source.
    chevyowner for his help at the beginning.
    pricey2009 for his help about Data.
    zeppelinrox for his awesome Supercharger.
    cj360 for his CDMA fix.
    Linaro Team for their toolchain
    wedgess for his CWM fixes
    And you all should consider clicking thanks to the dev, he did all this with little support, for a rom that we are lucky to have :)

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2

Hardly anybody clicks thanks anymore, my ROM has been downloaded over 9,000 times but nowhere near that number bothers to click the little button.. can't imagine how many have downloaded Darkforest ICS!
    A bit of a depressing tale for devs but hey we live with it don't we?

Anyway, fantastic work supervenom!

It's a great ROM and is coming along very, very nicely :)
    http://icxperia.com/keiran/newboot.img

New kernel for CM9/AOKP.

Based on new Sony sources.

Deep sleep is fixed, and so is video decoding :)

Enjoy, watch videos and have deep sleep

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2
    O word sorry read somewhere that ext3 was the way to go because of performance. O well I will switch that up. Wanna save this class 10 32gb sd. Thanks Dan

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

This is true, ext3 performs better than ext2 - but only because of journaling. In the case of flash-based storage like the microSD, it's actually bad.

"ext2 is still the filesystem of choice for flash-based storage media (such as SD cards, and USB flash drives), since its lack of a journal minimizes the number of writes, and flash devices have a limited number of write cycles."

The main reason journaling provides performance benefits is because it reduces the need to seek and can help make up for filesystem fragmentation, but both these factors are not a problem for flash storage because there is a near-zero seek time.

ext4 is the same case. It will have better performance but not so for flash-based storage. There are more features that ext3 and 4 have over 2, but they are all practically useless for Android (and embedded Linux) and will result in slightly higher memory and CPU overhead. On our device with only 512MB of RAM, keeping memory usage down is essential!

BTW, even if you have an ext3/4 filesystem, you should be able to chose "ext2" in Link2SD and it will mount it in ext2 backwards-compatibility mode. This is OK and has the same effect, there's no real need to reformat it as ext2 (unless it still doesn't work of course).

From what I know, ext3 and 4 should have journaling disabled in the kernel level (otherwise your microSD will not last). However, ext3/4 tend to be corrupted easier when journaling is turned off because it depends on it's journaling feature for recovery.

I used to use ext3 myself, but I would occassionally get FC's from e.g. games that were linked to the card. I discovered that the filesystem kept getting corrupted. Since I switched to ext2 (a long time ago), I noticed better performance (maybe because of the errors, maybe because of less overhead) and never had any filesystem problems since.

In summary - ext3/4 might provide a negligible performance boost over ext2, but probably not because it's performance benefit is designed to make up for mechanical harddisk with seeking delays - not a problem for flash storage. And only when journaling is enabled. And journaling will trash the microsd very quickly.

Also, write speed on ext2 filesystems is always faster than ext3 and 4 (sequential write - but again, since Flash storage has a near-zero seek time, random-write is nearly the same speed).

Thank you for reading :)