[Q]NFC App's

Search This thread

robinsonj

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I like how all payments could be made through your phone in the future, but how about a driver's license? If I was able to store that on the phone then I really wouldn't need to carry around a wallet. :victory:
I've been thinking the same thing... payments would be nice, but I would REALLY be happy if it could also store my drivers' license, boating card, fishing license, health card... might be able to slim down the wallet to only cash and have the added piece of mind that the originals are safe at home in case the phone falls in the river.
I usually carry my phone but HATE carrying a wallet especially in winter when I don't wear a jacket 'cause it doesn't fit in a shirt pocket and it's way heavier.

dmestriner

Dec 20, 2010
There are 2 apps in the market that chipmanufacturer NXP has made: TagInfo and TagWriter

TagInfo can read your tags, but Writer can also write something to your contactless card, if it is not secured. I tried it with the card from my school, it has an NFC tag "for future use" but it was unwritten and not secured, so I could write my contact data to it, and now, whenever I hold my school card against an NFC Android device, it automatically can add my phone number and e-mail etc into that phone :)

Top Liked Posts