[APP] Use HTC headset (microphone button) to play/pause/next with Manila Audio Tab

Search This thread

DYNAMIC+

Apr 11, 2009
Hi

This application allows you to play/pause and play the next track
on manila audio manager (music tab).

Works exactly as iPhone/iPod.

one long press on the headset's microphone button => play/pause
press quickly two times => play next track

Install the CAB in the internal storage.
This setup will overwrite default functions (voice recognition and redial last number) but once uninstalled you'll have back them.

Tested on Touch HD (blackstone) on many roms.

Download link: http://www.codebreakers.it/pda/htc/AudioManager_HeadsetTool_Setup.cab
Current version: 0.2 (last) (download link always the same)
Project abandoned!

---
Manila music manager shoud be started before you use headset commands and (obviously) you must have the headset ;)

As windows runs redial.exe and sddialer.exe as commands spawn by headset, the screen will be swiched on, and the application will switch off it - this will result in a screen-flash.

Bye!

Last edited:

geistteufel

Mar 28, 2008
blog.celogeek.com
Um wait a minute.
This stuff already works without any additionnal software.

I have a headset (bluetooth), and so Play / Pause / Next / Previous works already.

You mean without bluetooth it doesn't work ?

jaycee1981

Nov 9, 2008
thanks for the app! But i have problem with it. I can jump to the next track with press quickly 2 times, but one long press method for play/pause doesn't work.:confused:I'm on wm 6.5.

help,please!

DYNAMIC+

Apr 11, 2009
thanks for the app! But i have problem with it. I can jump to the next track with press quickly 2 times, but one long press method for play/pause doesn't work.:confused:I'm on wm 6.5.

help,please!

ok, i think you have changed the default exeName for SDDialer.exe in the registry.

please check this registry key/value
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path
should be "\Windows\\SDDialer.exe"

if it is not, please change (ill include this into cab setup next time)

ok added registry keys into setup-cab - re-download again

Last edited:

jaycee1981

Nov 9, 2008
ok, i think you have changed the default exeName for SDDialer.exe in the registry.

please check this registry key/value
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\Path
should be "\Windows\\SDDialer.exe"

if it is not, please change (ill include this into cab setup next time)

ok added registry keys into setup-cab - re-download again

Hi DYNAMIC+!

Thank you so much!

:D

jaycee1981

Nov 9, 2008
can we use this app on WM player?

Hello again!

Since i use WM 6.5, i use WM player instead TF3D built in player.

How can i use your app on WM Player?

Can u do it, please?

vmf9911833

Mar 15, 2008
Hi... everyone.

I have a HTC Touch CDMA(Sprint) with the new (and beta) WM6.5, but this app seems to be useless because when i plugged in, and press the microphone button say this:

"There is no headset connect on this device"

When actually i had press the microphone button. How can i solve this? i've tried modifing the registry with no success.

Thanks.

DYNAMIC+

Apr 11, 2009
Hi... everyone.

I have a HTC Touch CDMA(Sprint) with the new (and beta) WM6.5, but this app seems to be useless because when i plugged in, and press the microphone button say this:

"There is no headset connect on this device"

When actually i had press the microphone button. How can i solve this? i've tried modifing the registry with no success.

Thanks.

not YET compatible with WM6.5 as it has not been ufficially released.

ANYWAY....
if headset is plugged there should be a key in registry...

HKLM\System\State\Hardware\Headset = 0x01 (DWORD)
try to set it manually to one (1)

incubus_v

Apr 17, 2009
hi!
would it be possible to create this app also for the windows media player of wm6.1?? because i use it with voice command and its sensless if double tap brings manila to the front and voice command uses wm player!
for me its enough if the next track feature works with wm!

i dont knwo if its hard to to that! i would it try by myself, but atm i got only visual studio express and the sdk doesnt fit to it! also it seams you are used to the wm sdk ;)

thx
incubus

ht_ppc

Nov 12, 2006
Hi

This application allows you to play/pause and play the next track
on manila audio manager (music tab).

Works exactly as iPhone/iPod.

one long press on the headset's microphone button => play/pause
press quickly two times => play next track

Install the CAB in the internal storage.
This setup will overwrite default functions (voice recognition and redial last number) but once uninstalled you'll have back them.

Tested on Touch HD (blackstone) on many roms.

Download link: http://www.codebreakers.it/pda/htc/AudioManager_HeadsetTool_Setup.cab
Current version: 0.2 (download link always the same)

---
Manila music manager shoud be started before you use headset commands and (obviously) you must have the headset ;)

As windows runs redial.exe and sddialer.exe as commands spawn by headset, the screen will be swiched on, and the application will switch off it - this will result in a screen-flash.

Bye!

Hi brother,
Could you please tell me what's the difference between version 0.1 and 0.2, is there anyway I can check the history of the version? Thanks:)

DYNAMIC+

Apr 11, 2009
can a moderator/admin move this topic to a more generic section (soft developing) as this app works with every new htc device with manila... ?

Top Liked Posts