[ROM][4.1.2-MF1][Team Kernelizers] TKRom b5.0 - Wicked Smooth-Stable-Quick

Search This thread

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
9ume6u5e.jpg

Screenshots taken with AOSP and Cobalt themes by @o0BlacknesS0o
gyhysape.jpg

Take a look at some of the user comments!
azezuhej.jpg

u6ubehub.jpg

geju4ery.jpg

5u4uzatu.jpg

7y6upapa.jpg

gupazypy.jpg

e4uga8y2.jpg

jyvezydy.jpg

To see Icon Theme go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33903511
To see Infected go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43865248
To see cobalt go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40077608
To see circuity aka PCB go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38580486
All threads have other optional items including different colors
Here is the AOSP theme: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42677883

I am proud to present, an RErick exclusive... TKRom. A unique ROM in every way. The ROM has some Team Kernelizers exclusives including our sysctrl, build.prop mods and Operation Killjoy. These are unique in that you will not find these mods all together in one complete ROM. The result... Incredibly smooth, snappy performance. Exactly what you would expect your high end device to feel like. UI lag is dramatically reduced thanks to built in entropy generation and sysctrl mods. Welcome to the NEW android experience!! I challenge you to try this ROM. I want you to have high expectations when installing this as we had high standards when we designed these mods.

rupu8u5u.jpg

• Based of Scott's VRBMF1-DeOdexed OTA 4.1.2
  • Latest KToonsez Kernel
  • exFat support with custom kernel!!!
  • Build.prop, sysctrl, Operation Killjoy tweaks
  • ROM control
  • init.d support, with custom scripts
  • Stock, CM, and AOKP wallpapers
  • 1% battery mod
  • Extended Reboot menu
  • Lidroid toggles
  • Removed persistent WiFi notification
  • Removed annoying Talkback notification for all accessibility services
  • Removed annoying WiFi offload popup
  • Busybox, Bash, sqlite3
  • EGL mod
  • Xposed framework
  • A bunch more that I am probably forgetting...

5uzapavu.jpg

• Danvdh - for letting me crack open his ROM and learn :beer:
  • o0BlacknesS0o - for letting me package his themes (He has the most complete TW themes available!)
  • jbeitel - for letting me package the RIT (The most complete icon package ever made!!!)
  • Didact74 - for his sweet tutorials
  • loserskater - for his sweet tutorials
  • Mr0lala - for some more tutorials
  • scrolser - for providing the base ROM
  • KToonsez - for the best kernel on the S3
  • Exit_Only - for Operation Killjoy
  • mw86 - for Sysctrl and build.prop mods
  • saqib nazm - for his tutorials
  • sandy7 - for his tutorials
  • ficeto - for settings app
  • my wife - for putting up with me through all this
  • Anyone else that I missed, let me know and I will add you!

asugu3e4.jpg

Some notes that you should read: First boot takes quite a while. Probably longer than what you are used to. There is a lot of stuff going on in the background especially with some of our proprietary mods. Please be patient. My first boot I timed at 4min3sec. So don't freak out. After the first boot, you will notice dramatic effects from our mods. Also the Theme Pack is quite large. I am not the best with Aroma or anything like that so it is very slow to load and the Themes are slow to flash. Please be patient. I have personally tested all of the themes with both CWM and TWRP, and although slow, they work as intended.

Standard disclaimer. If you download and flash this software, Team Kernelizers will not be held liable for anything that may arise out of your actions. If your phone puts out a hit on your toaster... sorry bro, we don't cover that. Better call your State Farm Agent.

yjuse4ab.jpg

Do not forget to set animation speeds to .5 in developer options. If you don't the custom animations will make it seem slow

Last edited:

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Changelog:
Code:
##Build 5
*Updated xposed framework
*Changed signal cluster view to be compatible with XBlast icon color changer
* Changed max level of signal strength back to stock 4 bars for better signal reporting
* Changed signal cluster icons to AOSP style
* Build.prop mods including no sim notification removal
* Sysctrl edits
* Cleaned up framework some more
* Updated XBlast tools
* Added Onandroid support in custom settings
* Added online nandroid manager in custom settings
* I'm probably forgetting some more sorry

##Build 4

*Eliminated Wifi Popup reminder
*Fixed accessability service notification FC - "Highfive" notification gone for good
*Cleaned up framework
*Cleaned up Settings
*New credits section in TKRom info in about phone
*Merged wifi timer from MD4 - in wifi advanced settings
*Added hacked TW launcher for faster scrolling
*Added wallpaper scrolling to TW launcher
*Added resizeable popup browser
*Added AOSP Email
*Added different AOSP messaging
*Removed debloat option, it just broke stuff
*Enabled all rotations, but left the build.prop line out, add it in manually if you want it
*Added disable service app
*Added Flashblink, cause I like it
*Removed xposed, flashblink and disable services icons from launcher

##Build 3

*Added a special MSAA app courteously given only to TKRom users. Its a paid app on the play store but free on this ROM. Don't try to steal it, its a secured app and tied to the ROM. It won't work on any other ROM unless you pay for it on the play store.
*Huge thanks to    [user=4324598]@razz1[/user] for the app. Donate to him if you like it on the play store
*Fixed ime toggle
*Fixed signal cluster
*Added standalone battery bar mod
*Added your choice of 5 different lock screens
*Reworked ROM control using didact74 ROM control
*Updated xposed to 2.2
*AOSP lock screen will automatically disable ripple effect
*Eliminated "high five" notification
*Fixed hold to kill
*Fixed lock screen torch will now enable and automatically disable when screen times out or is unlocked
*Disabled signature checking
*General speed and usability improvements

Last edited:

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Okay, our installer is probably more advanced than what you're used to seeing. This is because of our TKMod being merged with the ROM. There are probably some options you have never seen before and this is just a quick walkthrough where I will attempt to explain what exactly is going on.

TKRom is packaged with the KT747 kernel. You don't have to keep this kernel, you may flash the kernel of your choice over the top of this installation. However, everything in this ROM has been hand selected or designed to work best as we provide it.

This is the first screen with options that you will see. This is not a theme for the ROM, this is just a theme for Aroma. This way you can choose what the installer will look like throughout the installation process.
ezyzebyr.jpg

This is the next screen. Here you may choose to run the installer or you may also choose an aroma based file browser/terminal emulator.
ga3ujapy.jpg

Here is what the file browser looks like
y8emevy8.jpg

The next screen is where you choose to install a fresh copy of the ROM, or you may choose the TKMod which will only change the options with the ROM. The only difference is that one installs the entire ROM with selections, and the other only installs the selections
aju6e3y5.jpg

This is where it gets juicy. Here you will see an option to disable 5 different rogue files. This is not mandatory, but if you plan on keeping the kernel packaged with the ROM we recommend to disable all of them. As a side note, mpdecision should only be renamed if you decide to use a hot-plugging governor with your kernel. Examples of this are msm-dcvs, Pegasusq, abyssplug, etc. However, if you keep the kt747 kernel, there is an option in the KTweaker app that has an auto hotplug driver built in for non-hotplugging governors. If you would like to use the auto-hotplug driver, proceed with disabling mpdecision and use the KTweaker app to enable auto hot-plugging. If you want a completely stock experience and don't want to tinker with the kernel, we recommend disabling all of them EXCEPT for mpdecision. Of course any of these options can be reverted or changed at anytime by selecting the tkmod option in the installer. For more information please see our Team Kernelizers thread in the general section of this forum.
nugeme9a.jpg

This next screen is to revert or restore any file that has been previously disabled for whatever reason you like.
apu8asev.jpg

Here are some ROM options for you.
Louder sound mod will increase external speaker output by 50%
AOSP MMS is just that, gets rid of the TW style and replaces it with AOSP inverted MMS with popup notifications
Framework animations are special TK animations that make your phone look a bit fancier and a special overscroll color for each version of the ROM. TKRom 3 is an electric green color.
The next one is the splash screen. The KT747 kernel comes with a custom splash screen you have seen it if you haven't selected this option. If you want the stock one back that's what this option is for.
ugygu9y7.jpg

SystemUI is to select whether or not you want the toggles and brightness slider in the pull down. Selecting remove will free up some room but you will have no quick toggles.
The debloating option will get rid of a lot of Samsung and Verizon crap. However if you debloat, NFC WILL NOT WORK. If you want NFC please select the Let me decide option and debloat the ROM yourself. I do not have time to make a list of everything that is removed by if you open the zip with winrar or 7zip all the stuff removed will be in the bloat folder
yzaduzu6.jpg

Cross breeder. We HIGHLY recommend installing this as this greatly increases the effectiveness of our sysctrl. This is entropy generation which android pulls from a pool of entropy. This is basically random bits of data. With crossbreeder its around 4000, and without is only 200. The effects are immediately noticeable in the way the os flips through screens and such. Install it. You will love it. It becomes effective after the second reboot of your device
9era6yva.jpg

That's it. After you hit next the installer will handle everything else. Just sit back and enjoy!

Last edited:

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
Just about to update that... Reboot fixed it. It's working now. ROM is very solid. Nicely done!

Whew! Had me worried there for a second. Myself and 3 of my testers had an issue where internal SD card wouldn't read. It was reporting negative free memory. It would lock up the gallery and caused me all kinds of headaches. It took 2 days to get it fixed. I have a fix for it I was just hoping that it still wasn't there.

Lag gone BTW?

Tapatalk 4 sucks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9ume6u5e.jpg

Screenshots taken with AOSP and Cobalt themes by @o0BlacknesS0o
    gyhysape.jpg

Take a look at some of the user comments!
    azezuhej.jpg

u6ubehub.jpg

geju4ery.jpg

5u4uzatu.jpg

7y6upapa.jpg

gupazypy.jpg

e4uga8y2.jpg

jyvezydy.jpg

To see Icon Theme go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33903511
    To see Infected go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43865248
    To see cobalt go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40077608
    To see circuity aka PCB go here and give thanks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38580486
    All threads have other optional items including different colors
    Here is the AOSP theme: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42677883

I am proud to present, an RErick exclusive... TKRom. A unique ROM in every way. The ROM has some Team Kernelizers exclusives including our sysctrl, build.prop mods and Operation Killjoy. These are unique in that you will not find these mods all together in one complete ROM. The result... Incredibly smooth, snappy performance. Exactly what you would expect your high end device to feel like. UI lag is dramatically reduced thanks to built in entropy generation and sysctrl mods. Welcome to the NEW android experience!! I challenge you to try this ROM. I want you to have high expectations when installing this as we had high standards when we designed these mods.

rupu8u5u.jpg

• Based of Scott's VRBMF1-DeOdexed OTA 4.1.2
    • Latest KToonsez Kernel
    • exFat support with custom kernel!!!
    • Build.prop, sysctrl, Operation Killjoy tweaks
    • ROM control
    • init.d support, with custom scripts
    • Stock, CM, and AOKP wallpapers
    • 1% battery mod
    • Extended Reboot menu
    • Lidroid toggles
    • Removed persistent WiFi notification
    • Removed annoying Talkback notification for all accessibility services
    • Removed annoying WiFi offload popup
    • Busybox, Bash, sqlite3
    • EGL mod
    • Xposed framework
    • A bunch more that I am probably forgetting...

5uzapavu.jpg

• Danvdh - for letting me crack open his ROM and learn :beer:
    • o0BlacknesS0o - for letting me package his themes (He has the most complete TW themes available!)
    • jbeitel - for letting me package the RIT (The most complete icon package ever made!!!)
    • Didact74 - for his sweet tutorials
    • loserskater - for his sweet tutorials
    • Mr0lala - for some more tutorials
    • scrolser - for providing the base ROM
    • KToonsez - for the best kernel on the S3
    • Exit_Only - for Operation Killjoy
    • mw86 - for Sysctrl and build.prop mods
    • saqib nazm - for his tutorials
    • sandy7 - for his tutorials
    • ficeto - for settings app
    • my wife - for putting up with me through all this
    • Anyone else that I missed, let me know and I will add you!

asugu3e4.jpg

Some notes that you should read: First boot takes quite a while. Probably longer than what you are used to. There is a lot of stuff going on in the background especially with some of our proprietary mods. Please be patient. My first boot I timed at 4min3sec. So don't freak out. After the first boot, you will notice dramatic effects from our mods. Also the Theme Pack is quite large. I am not the best with Aroma or anything like that so it is very slow to load and the Themes are slow to flash. Please be patient. I have personally tested all of the themes with both CWM and TWRP, and although slow, they work as intended.

Standard disclaimer. If you download and flash this software, Team Kernelizers will not be held liable for anything that may arise out of your actions. If your phone puts out a hit on your toaster... sorry bro, we don't cover that. Better call your State Farm Agent.

yjuse4ab.jpg

Do not forget to set animation speeds to .5 in developer options. If you don't the custom animations will make it seem slow

Also I know that 4.3 was leaked to ATT and loserskater released a working copy. I will not attempt to make a TKRom version from this. I will not base anything for our phones off of a port. I am going to wait until we get our leak or our official version, and if we get a leak first, I will make sure it is 100% stable before I build off of it. Please respect this decision because I will not give you anything that I won't run on my own phone, and stability is the number 1 factor in ANY and ALL of my decisions.

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    In more news the next update is coming along nicely. I am fixing all the broken options. And entirely reworking ROM Control. There will be a new version of xposed which I must say is pretty slick. I am also going to be adding a bunch of neat features and I am going to try to put this one over the top.

tapatalk 4 sucks
    All I can honestly say is wow...

I was skeptical about how fast people said this rom was, but I'm completely sold. This absolutely flies, I didn't know Touchwiz could possibly be this quick. Awesome work, it feels like someone poured new life into my phone. Kernel optimizations are really amazing and make the whole experience way better.

Looking forward to the 4.3 update, because I'll be running this until then.

Thank you. I know that people generally frown upon touchwiz and claim AOSP is faster, which generally it is. And with that comes all the aosp bugs that everyone hates. However, these phones were designed for touchwiz and it took hundreds of hours of testing and flashing and more testing before i was satisfied that the user interface was as dramatic as i believed it could be. This ROM was months in the making and that is why it was months behind other 4.1.2 roms. I made the decision to not release the rom until it was at 100%. I figured that users would rather have a rom that makes their phone feel brand new and forego some features of other roms and then i could add in features after i was satisfied that they do not decrease the performance of the rom. I am glad that people are happy with this rom, it is my very first rom ever. There is a whole list of people that made this all possible and they deserve as much credit as i do. I made the decision last night that when 4.3 drops i definitely will be updating to that, however because of how much is different between 4.1 and 4.3 it might be some time after it drops that i release a Team Kernelizers version. I don't want users to become bored with TKRom so i will still release updates for this version until the 4.3 version is done. I am sorry but i refuse to release ANYTHING that does not meet my standards and i wont give you guys something halfassed and incomplete. To put it simply, if i am not happy and comfortable running it on my phone i dont expect you guys to. I want the best for users and for myself and that is what I intend to give. I don't care if ROM xxxyyy has 13 updates in one month, all that tells me is that the dev was in a rush to get something out and it doesn't work right. So there you have it, but rest assured I will work as fast as I can to get out a 4.3 version out to you guys.

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    Changelog:
    Code:
    ##Build 5
    *Updated xposed framework
    *Changed signal cluster view to be compatible with XBlast icon color changer
    * Changed max level of signal strength back to stock 4 bars for better signal reporting
    * Changed signal cluster icons to AOSP style
    * Build.prop mods including no sim notification removal
    * Sysctrl edits
    * Cleaned up framework some more
    * Updated XBlast tools
    * Added Onandroid support in custom settings
    * Added online nandroid manager in custom settings
    * I'm probably forgetting some more sorry

##Build 4

*Eliminated Wifi Popup reminder
    *Fixed accessability service notification FC - "Highfive" notification gone for good
    *Cleaned up framework
    *Cleaned up Settings
    *New credits section in TKRom info in about phone
    *Merged wifi timer from MD4 - in wifi advanced settings
    *Added hacked TW launcher for faster scrolling
    *Added wallpaper scrolling to TW launcher
    *Added resizeable popup browser
    *Added AOSP Email
    *Added different AOSP messaging
    *Removed debloat option, it just broke stuff
    *Enabled all rotations, but left the build.prop line out, add it in manually if you want it
    *Added disable service app
    *Added Flashblink, cause I like it
    *Removed xposed, flashblink and disable services icons from launcher

##Build 3

*Added a special MSAA app courteously given only to TKRom users. Its a paid app on the play store but free on this ROM. Don't try to steal it, its a secured app and tied to the ROM. It won't work on any other ROM unless you pay for it on the play store.
    *Huge thanks to    [user=4324598]@razz1[/user] for the app. Donate to him if you like it on the play store
    *Fixed ime toggle
    *Fixed signal cluster
    *Added standalone battery bar mod
    *Added your choice of 5 different lock screens
    *Reworked ROM control using didact74 ROM control
    *Updated xposed to 2.2
    *AOSP lock screen will automatically disable ripple effect
    *Eliminated "high five" notification
    *Fixed hold to kill
    *Fixed lock screen torch will now enable and automatically disable when screen times out or is unlocked
    *Disabled signature checking
    *General speed and usability improvements