Transfer contacts Phone->SIM

Search This thread

vladi_90

Jun 29, 2010
Hi guys,
i have HTC Leo HD 2 with Energie ROM WM 6.5. I dropped my phone ot the floor and the screen got crashed. Now my sense doesn't work and all my phone contacts are in the phone. Please, help me with coppying all the contacts to the SIM card without using the touch screen ????

HELPPPP

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
vladi_90, install Activesync or WMDC to your PC. Install Microsoft outlook (part of the office) to your PC. Connect HD2 to USB. When sync software starts - sync your contacts with Outlook. No SIM is needed.Another thing - if you have a file manager on your PC with mobile plugin support (Total Commander for example), you can sync the phone, open it in file manager on PC an run executable of backing up contacts to SIM straight by clicking it on PC. (In case you have yhid backup program on your phone)

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Your in-signature stuff is useful only to run phone's build-in SIM Manager from PC. Nothing else. Sync transport anyway must be installed (activesync or wmdc depending on OS)

Correct & that all you really need, but you could also install whatever contacts backup software you want so can be useful but not always the answer for all scenarios.
Other options are copying the pim.vol then using the wm6.5 emulator to load the pim & retrieve data.
Activesync & WMDC are all in HD2wiki
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/HTC_HD2#Links

Last edited:

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Other options are copying the pim.vol then using the wm6.5 emulator to load the pim & retrieve data.
Heh :) Dude does not know that the easiest way to keep his contacts safe is to just have outlook.com email and you want him to use emulator and to deal with pim.vol?
Activesync & WMDC are all in HD2wiki
Sorry, never read any wiki for HD2, Because I don't need it - I usually cooked my own roms for HD2 and never used someone's else. :) To know this - you may read my sig. :)

Last edited:

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Heh :) Dude does not know that the easiest way to keep his contacts safe is to just have outlook.com email and you want him to use emulator and to deal with pim.vol?
Sorry, never read any wiki for HD2, Because I don't need it - I usually cooked my own roms for HD2 and never used someone's else. :) To know this - you may read my sig. :)

Problem is if he not by default set for sync by usb then it a bit of a problem using sync & outlook or any other option requiring sync.
In that scenario recovering the pim.vol via sd card extraction software is not a bad option .

vladi_90

Jun 29, 2010
:(

Dudes, i can't transfer the contacts ...... :(

I'm installing activesync 4.5 for XP, after that installing MyMobiler, connecting my HD2 with USB to the PC and on the desktop of the phone to default is the second option - Disk Transfer. At the screen of the PC i'am seeing this:

tinypic_____com/view.php?pic=29erkw0&s=8 (i don't have 10 posts and i can't add a link, please put instead of "____" "." :) )

Ideas ??

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Is your device connected in storage mode !
Have a look in 'My Computer' at drives & if showing SD card of the HD2 then that the issue .
For above suggested ideas involving Activesync you need your HD2 to be set in Sync option for USB & obviously you can not change that as touch not working on the HD2 (as mentioned in post #7)

Your best bet is using the autorun feature from SD card to copy the PIM.VOL from the HD2 to the sd card then use emulator or request help for someone use emulator to load the pim.vol & export contacts.
See post below (#3) for general details/download.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=699101

You could also try removing SD card & connect via USB & see what access you have yo HD2 with likes of Total Commander from your PC.

Last edited:

vladi_90

Jun 29, 2010
is your device connected in storage mode !
Have a look in 'my computer' at drives & if showing sd card of the hd2 then that the issue .
For above suggested ideas involving activesync you need your hd2 to be set in sync option for usb & obviously you can not change that as touch not working on the hd2 (as mentioned in post #7)

your best bet is using the autorun feature from sd card to copy the pim.vol from the hd2 to the sd card then use emulator or request help for someone use emulator to load the pim.vol & export contacts.
See post below (#3) for general details/download.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=699101

you could also try removing sd card & connect via usb & see what access you have yo hd2 with likes of total commander from your pc.

it's done !!! Thank u !! I remove the sd card and connected via activesync :)))))))