Windows Mobile 5.0 emulator ?

Search This thread

rookery

Sep 22, 2005
are there any standalone Windows Mobile 5.0 emulator can work without Visual Studio .NET, I really want to try out the platform before buying a Wizard.

rookery

Sep 22, 2005
BeyondtheTech said:
Yes, I have it on my blog. It's 250MB or so. Use FlashGet or some download accelerator to grab it. Check the October 2005 archives.

Hi, BeyondtheTech, do you mean this "http://www.beyondthetech.com/downloads/phone/DeviceEmulator50428.msi" ? i afraid i get the wrong file and use up you web hosting bandwidth, Thanks a lot

rookery

Sep 22, 2005
BeyondtheTech said:

It works Great!!!!!! Thanks for the file, but cannot sync and said activesync 4.0 need, now I am looking ofr the activesync 4.1 download link in the forum!

Why there aare only 3.8 on Microsoft.com ?

sunseaker

Oct 18, 2005
Anywhere else I can download that emulator from? It's downloading a 4kb/s from BBt site :( .

Bebitoo

Nov 8, 2005
Montauban
BeyondtheTech said:
I'm in the process of moving servers... I'll let you know when it's up and running again.
Discovered your blog a few days ago, I'm still in the process of getting the most of it! :D
Congrats for such a good website!

Looks like you finished your server move, but the link is still unavailable. Any news? Somewhere else to get it from?

rookery

Sep 22, 2005
Bebitoo said:
BeyondtheTech said:
I'm in the process of moving servers... I'll let you know when it's up and running again.
Discovered your blog a few days ago, I'm still in the process of getting the most of it! :D
Congrats for such a good website!

Looks like you finished your server move, but the link is still unavailable. Any news? Somewhere else to get it from?

I have the file, but i have no where to upload, do you have a FTP ?

mitchello

Mar 20, 2005
Melbourne
I too downloaded this about a month ago just to give WM5 a look. It wasn't exactly to try before I buy, but I did have a bit more of a play while I was waiting for my K-JAM. can be a bit slow, but not too bad.

Bebitoo

Nov 8, 2005
Montauban
rookery said:
I have the file, but i have no where to upload, do you have a FTP ?
No FTP, no yousendit account, only a gmail address :(

buzz_lightyear said:
Got it, thanks buzz, thanks rookery! :D

TheBrain said:
For what is this emulator good for?
Useful to try a software. Especially on these early WM2005 days. I tried PocketZenPhone a few days ago, and could not totally removed it. A quick try on the emulator would have been enough, and would have kept my device clean :wink:

Bebitoo

Nov 8, 2005
Montauban
Step 1: get the WM2005 Emulator -> done
Step 2: install it -> done
Step 3: "connect" it to ActiveSync -> need your help again :wink:

I do not have Visual Studio and all this stuff, only the Emulator downloaded from Buzz's website. I can see the DMA (Direct Access Memory) connection method in Emulator's ActiveSync program, but nothing related to DMA on the Destop's ActiveSync (4.1, downloaded from Buzz's website too 8))...

Did someone already manage to dot it? In the meantime, is there a workaround to install on the Emulator a software with a .exe installer (no direct acces to the .cab files)?

buzz_lightyear

Retired Moderator
Jun 11, 2004
Slovakia
Bebitoo said:
Step 1: get the WM2005 Emulator -> done
Step 2: install it -> done
Step 3: "connect" it to ActiveSync -> need your help again :wink:

I do not have Visual Studio and all this stuff, only the Emulator downloaded from Buzz's website. I can see the DMA (Direct Access Memory) connection method in Emulator's ActiveSync program, but nothing related to DMA on the Destop's ActiveSync (4.1, downloaded from Buzz's website too 8))...

Did someone already manage to dot it? In the meantime, is there a workaround to install on the Emulator a software with a .exe installer (no direct acces to the .cab files)?

run "C:\Program Files\WM_50_EMU\DeviceEmulator.exe" without any option.
You'll get the screen below. Read the options through and try to setup the networking.
I didn't coz i never needed AS connection to Emulator.

Optionally you can install those exe instal packages and then take the cab files manually from
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Active Sync\
and copy them over to emulator.

buzz

Attachments

• devemuoptions.gif
    devemuoptions.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 15

Bebitoo

Nov 8, 2005
Montauban
buzz_lightyear said:
run "C:\Program Files\WM_50_EMU\DeviceEmulator.exe" without any option.
You'll get the screen below. Read the options through and try to setup the networking.
I didn't coz i never needed AS connection to Emulator.
That may be the solution, I have to dig into it...

buzz_lightyear said:
Optionally you can install those exe instal packages and then take the cab files manually from
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Active Sync\
and copy them over to emulator.
:) Yes, just found this solution too. Note that sometimes, the .cab files are not stored on the Active Sync folder, but a specific folder (C:\Program FIles\Pocket Informant\ for example).

I'll post some news as soon as I make some progress on the full Active Sync connection...