[Q] Newer build TF701t docks confirmed defect free?

Search This thread

Nathias2k

Feb 25, 2011
I've seen posts that newer builds of the keyboard dock would have the connection issues fixed. Has anyone gotten one of these " 2013.11" or later newer build keyboard docks and can confirm it actually has the issues resolved? I'd really like to get the keyboard dock for my tablet, but don't want to deal with the issues of the broken keyboard dock.

So has anyone actually gotten a working keyboard dock from a newer batch?

Thanks!

(MEDS)

May 12, 2013
My friend is getting one for Christmas. Unfortunately that means you'll have to wait until then to get confirmation from me.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

lortay78

Sep 25, 2010
Boise, Idaho
plus.google.com
I've had two docks now. I got the replacement on December 2. It's funny because I never had a problem with disconnection until I went to write a response to you OP. I can tell you that the second one seemed put together far better than the first, but it still has A LOT of wiggle room in it. It does not dock like the TF201 did. It has no support on the front. That is nice if you use a screen protector like I do, but like I said, it does have issues.

The primary reason I buy these tablets is because of the dock. I really hope Asus does the right thing here. I hated my tf201 because of the extreme lag caused by the i/o controller or whatever, and now this. Kind of a drag.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

Nathias2k

Feb 25, 2011
I've had two docks now. I got the replacement on December 2. It's funny because I never had a problem with disconnection until I went to write a response to you OP. I can tell you that the second one seemed put together far better than the first, but it still has A LOT of wiggle room in it. It does not dock like the TF201 did. It has no support on the front. That is nice if you use a screen protector like I do, but like I said, it does have issues.

The primary reason I buy these tablets is because of the dock. I really hope Asus does the right thing here. I hated my tf201 because of the extreme lag caused by the i/o controller or whatever, and now this. Kind of a drag.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

Was the "build date" number different on the packaging when you got the replacement?

I agree, the primary reason I got this tablet was the real keyboard dock for it. Seemed like a much better solution than the generic bluetooth keyboard docks I see on the internet. It's funny...always heard about the IO issues with this series of tablets...but dock always seemed to be really solid. The one time I actually go buy one...the IO issues are fixed, but the dock is now having issues.

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
On the transformerforum someone got a tablet with dock with production date 2013.11.
He reports that the flex is nearly absent and it connects more firmly.
Also the connection problem didn't popup.
Good news but now waiting for more people with the same experience.

Sent from my superfast Asus Infinity TF701with Dock

Reactions: pelago

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
On the transformerforum someone got a tablet with dock with production date 2013.11.

Mine is on the way back to Asus so let's see what comes back :fingers-crossed:

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
If anybody does get a hold of this new keyboard please post where you bought it from. Thanks

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium HD app waiting patiently for this keyboard fix.

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
I received my 6th keyboard a few days ago from Amazon. I was happy to see I finally got one with a manufacture date of 11/2013. I immediately inserted an SD card and tried moving the viewing angled. I did not see the SD card disconnecting and reconnecting so was hopeful.

Last night I noticed that the dock was not charging the tablet. I had to disconnect and replace the tablet in the dock 5 or 6 times before the widget showed the tablet charging.

This morning I tried viewing a video file on the external SD card in the dock. Changing the viewing and repeatedly caused loss of the data connection and the video player to crash.

Fail :crying:

I had the TF101 since it came out and was happy and had none of these problems. I now have had 2 of the tablets and 6 of the docks. I really want the TF701 to work for me but think I need to give up on this device find another option. I might try replacing dock or both dock and tablet again just because I want the tablet/dock combo and I am stubborn.

Reactions: pelago

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
I got message that Tabletcenter had the TF701 in stock again and I could get a swap.
In the store they showed me the newest batch and it was 2013.10 so now I said keep it buddy and give money back.
So for now no TF701 anymore till it is proven that the problems are solved.
Using the TF700 again.:crying:

Last edited:

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
I got message that Tabletcenter had the TF701 in stock again and I could get a swap.
In the store they showed me the newest batch and it was 2013.10 so now I said keep it buddy and give money back.
So for now no TF701 anymore till it is proven that the problems are solved.
Using the TF700 again.:crying:

I certainly would not accept a dock with October manufacture date. You did the smart thing.

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
@marcmarshall - how was the flex in the 2013.11 build compared to your previous dock versions?

Not sure what you mean by flex but I have not noticed any obvious slop in the connection on any of them. I really went by performance and did not check closely for that though. I did have to replace a dock with my original TF101 and I learned back then that you want to hear two crisp snaps as the connectors on both sides lock into place. I have been having trouble getting that and even when I do I still get problems. The connection right now feels tight with no obvious slop but I just did another swivel test as I am writing this and the SD card disconnected and reconnected causing a video to crash.

mr.fast

May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
My 2013.10 from ebuyer is similar to the YouTube video. Also I've had no disconnections so far

Guess there is no need for me to do a RMA for the moment.

My TF701 (2013.10) from eBuyer does have flex, but no disconnects as of yet. I've tried various angles.

My guess is that the flex could be to stop the few reported instances of cracked glass (previous generation Transformer Pads).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry if dumb question, but how can i check my dock build date?
    thanks

Date is on the box where it came in.

I received my 6th keyboard a few days ago from Amazon. I was happy to see I finally got one with a manufacture date of 11/2013. I immediately inserted an SD card and tried moving the viewing angled. I did not see the SD card disconnecting and reconnecting so was hopeful.

Last night I noticed that the dock was not charging the tablet. I had to disconnect and replace the tablet in the dock 5 or 6 times before the widget showed the tablet charging.

This morning I tried viewing a video file on the external SD card in the dock. Changing the viewing and repeatedly caused loss of the data connection and the video player to crash.

Fail :crying:

I had the TF101 since it came out and was happy and had none of these problems. I now have had 2 of the tablets and 6 of the docks. I really want the TF701 to work for me but think I need to give up on this device find another option. I might try replacing dock or both dock and tablet again just because I want the tablet/dock combo and I am stubborn.
    what annoys me is the dock s not heavy enough, as in it falls back wards. i was thinking larger battery and a bit thicker, happy to pay a bit more for it too.
    In most countries in Europe the TF701 comes with 2 year pickup and return warranty.
    That is why it is picked up and returned by a courier paid by Asus.