[Q] HTC One in a boot loop

Search This thread

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello.

I was in the process of upgrading my HTC One from 4.2 and successfully unlocked the bootloader. But thereafter my phone just constantly reboots. It shows the HTC splash screen for about 10 seconds and the reboots again.

I am able to go into the fastboot screen (see screen shot). But when I select Recovery, the phone gors to the next screen - displays "Entering Recovery" - and nothing else happens thereafter.

Can anyone please help? Have looked at other such questions and tried but nothing has helped.

Thanks

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3,198
Dec 26, 2013
Hello.

I was in the process of upgrading my HTC One from 4.2 and successfully unlocked the bootloader. But thereafter my phone just constantly reboots. It shows the HTC splash screen for about 10 seconds and the reboots again.

I am able to go into the fastboot screen (see screen shot). But when I select Recovery, the phone gors to the next screen - displays "Entering Recovery" - and nothing else happens thereafter.

Can anyone please help? Have looked at other such questions and tried but nothing has helped.

Thanks

I'm not sure you did ever flash a custom recovery!

1. Put your phone in fastboot from the bootloader meny. You already did this while rooting, so you got it already!
2. In your "SDK-tools" folder that you used while unlocking the device, put [nameofyourrecovery].img I recommend you to install TWRP 2.6.3.3, as it is the best one for flashing kitkat and lets you do this if you wish :) I cannot give you a link as I am a new member, but search google for TWRP 2.6.3.3 and you will find it. Make sure it is .img and not .zip!
3. While in fastboot, open a command prompt in the ADB folder.
4. To flash your custom recovery, type
fastboot flash recovery [nameofyourrecovery].img

Now give it another go ;)

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm not sure you did ever flash a custom recovery!

1. Put your phone in fastboot from the bootloader meny. You already did this while rooting, so you got it already!
2. In your "SDK-tools" folder that you used while unlocking the device, put [nameofyourrecovery].img I recommend you to install TWRP 2.6.3.3, as it is the best one for flashing kitkat and lets you do this if you wish :) I cannot give you a link as I am a new member, but search google for TWRP 2.6.3.3 and you will find it. Make sure it is .img and not .zip!
3. While in fastboot, open a command prompt in the ADB folder.
4. To flash your custom recovery, type

Now give it another go ;)

Does not help. Used 2.6.3.3, the flash process went fine, then Recovery displays "Entering Recovery" - and then again bot loop.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Does not help. Used 2.6.3.3, the flash process went fine, then Recovery displays "Entering Recovery" - and then again bot loop.

You have an M7CDWG, twrp is for M7_U & M7_UL models, if i'm not mistaken. Start googling for M7CDWG, it's a completely different phone than the U / UL phones.

and you need to "fastboot erase cache" after flashing recovery

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
You have an M7CDWG, twrp is for M7_U & M7_UL models, if i'm not mistaken. Start googling for M7CDWG, it's a completely different phone than the U / UL phones.

and you need to "fastboot erase cache" after flashing recovery

Dear nkk71

Many thanks. I used your suggestion and rooted as per #9 in this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45427332

I installed Chinese recovery followed by TWRP recovery. I was abe to Recover and reach TWRP manager 2.6.0.0.

Can you please suggest what next to instal?

If I reboot I still go into reboot loop, but can now reach TWRP manager.

Thanks

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Dear nkk71

I installed Chinese recovery followed by TWRP recovery. I was abe to Recover and reach TWRP manager 2.6.0.0.

Thanks

Not really, don't know much about your model. You'll need to find a ROM compatible with your device; if it doesnt specifically say it's for your device, then most likely it isn't!!
I think there's a Maximus HD ROM for your version, but i have no idea where.

Reactions: sjgoel

Jcc1dls

Jun 10, 2013
Seattle
Did you..

Aside from flashing a recovery and rooting your phone, did you make any other modifications or flash any other partitions?

If no, then wipe Dalvek cache from TWRP. Boot into TWRP and select Wipe. Select advanced. Select Dalvek and Cache. Wipe power down. then power on and see if it will boot.

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Not really, don't know much about your model. You'll need to find a ROM compatible with your device; if it doesnt specifically say it's for your device, then most likely it isn't!!

Dear nkk71

Yes, Maximus has a ROM for dual SIM, Flashed, all went well, but the reboot loop still exists.

Thanks

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Aside from flashing a recovery and rooting your phone, did you make any other modifications or flash any other partitions?

If no, then wipe Dalvek cache from TWRP. Boot into TWRP and select Wipe. Select advanced. Select Dalvek and Cache. Wipe power down. then power on and see if it will boot.

Dear Jcc1dls

Did as you mentioned - all went fine. But the reboot loop simply does not go away.

Thanks

Andy_Guinness

Aug 26, 2007
Dear Jcc1dls

Did as you mentioned - all went fine. But the reboot loop simply does not go away.

Thanks

i had a similar problem last week with a One, a friend bricked his One by flashing "???" Dont know exactly whar he has done.
The phone had boot loops all the time.

my solution was:
- connecting the phone with the usb cable to my pc.
- started the phone into fastboot usb mode
- started cmd at my notebook
- change to the directory which contains adb and fastboot
- execute: fastboot erase cache
- restarted the phone

the phone starts normally into ARHD 40.3
perhaps it works ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear nkk71

Thanks

Did you..

Dear Jcc1dls

Thanks

i had a similar problem last week with a One, a friend bricked his One by flashing "???" Dont know exactly whar he has done.
    The phone had boot loops all the time.

my solution was:
    - connecting the phone with the usb cable to my pc.
    - started the phone into fastboot usb mode
    - started cmd at my notebook
    - change to the directory which contains adb and fastboot
    - execute: fastboot erase cache
    - restarted the phone

the phone starts normally into ARHD 40.3
    perhaps it works ...