Options for automated airplane mode

Search This thread

bradbb2009

Feb 11, 2014
Plattsburgh
I was going to try and post in devoper section, but I can't yet. I have an issue with battery usage, where I work, inside at least, the cell service is bad. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or can even make an app that would automate the airplane mode, while maintaining wifi.

I was thinking if there was no service for more than a certain time, it automatically enable airplane mode and re-enable the wifi, until it is manually turned off, maybe by a widget. If anyone has any knowledge of this, please give me an idea, I'm using 60% of my battery just searching for service.

I am rooted running hyperdrive rls14.

papstar

Nov 19, 2010
MA
Google Pixel 5
Airplane mode automatically disables all wireless services. Why don't you just disable mobile data when you get to work? You'll still be able to receive text messages.

Also, for future reference, the developer's section isn't for questions, but a place for developers to share their work. This thread should really be in Q&A.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

decemberchild

Oct 14, 2013
I was going to try and post in devoper section, but I can't yet. I have an issue with battery usage, where I work, inside at least, the cell service is bad. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or can even make an app that would automate the airplane mode, while maintaining wifi.

I was thinking if there was no service for more than a certain time, it automatically enable airplane mode and re-enable the wifi, until it is manually turned off, maybe by a widget. If anyone has any knowledge of this, please give me an idea, I'm using 60% of my battery just searching for service.

I am rooted running hyperdrive rls14.

I have a similar issue with where I work. However, I just turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi. You can have wifi on while being in airplane mode. It is just two or three button presses, so I don't think it is that big of an issue. When you leave your job, just turn airplane mode off...

ammjr71

Dec 20, 2013
Webster, NY
Phoneweaver

That's your answer. Set up a profile to turn on airplane mode and wifi at whatever time you want. Set up other profiles as you like. It will launch apps, toggle GPS (if you have secholeutils), mobile data on/off, volume levels, change ring tones, notification tones... pretty much anything you want.

lisnjay76

May 13, 2011
You can always use NFC to trigger it too. I have a NFC tag on my desk at work the puts my phone into "work mode"