Cannot connect to cell network

Search This thread

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I am very thankful, for your guide and assistance. I am back on stock 532. Is it possible to flash another kernel/boot since this 532 sems to be without root and reovery. All tother things are back though. I cant find te thanks button. Where is that here on xda..?

Do you have your IMEI back now? If so, what's your goal? You want to root and install recovery?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Mess again

Do you have your IMEI back now? If so, what's your goal? You want to root and install recovery?

Basically you saved my day... I found the "Thanks"button. However what I did was to flash the 532 as you suggested. And all automagically my device was upgraded from brick to decent Z Ultra stock. Which is very good when you see your device bricked. My newest project is to get both recovery and root to function and now that I am back on 532 it seems like I have to take a few more lasses until I succeed. For some reason I am no longer capable to boot into recovery. Also starting to see myself as beeing dumb. Nothing works out the way I figured. As for the rooting part the biggest issdue seem to be that the Doomlord script for rooting doesnt find my xbin/system/su Which recovery shoud i flash to be ablöe to flash other recoveries?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
I am on stock 532 without root.I need to be "as high as possible"-stock and still have root. Is there any idiotpr
oof solution?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Update

OK, now i´m on stock .136 without any major flaws...I would like to get root.After that i promise not to bother ;))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I beleive i messed it up while flasshing different roms and so son. But still my main goal right now is to be able to use ther miracast. Do you think it would work on the 532?

I don't use Miracast, but i can't see why it shouldn't work? Does it require a special feature on Android 4.3?
    Ok i gather that you recommend that i flash the 532 ftf..? Using flashtool in flash mode? And where can i find that ftf?

The NUT 532 ROM is a Recovery file, so just flash it in recovery like you usually do, and you should in theory get your IMEI back. If not, flash a stock 290 FTF in Flashtool.
    I tried flashing the NUT 532 and all seemed ok until i power the device up. I get thousands of force close to the system ui. Practically rendered my ZU useless. Does anybody recognize this issue? I tried a factory reset as my hands had to dance in order to reset it. Right now i dont know what fw oi am on but as i said the phone is uselesss.

Did you do a full wipe after flashing? If not, you should've done that. Also, no reason to panic. I understand why you might be, and i've been in much worse situations than this a couple of times, but it's nothing we can't solve. It takes some effort to hard brick a Sony. It just depends on how far you're willing to go to get it up and running. The easiest way would be to just flash 290 in Flashtool and be done with it. That way you'll have a fully funtional phone again with IMEI, and you can do the rooting later on when you have a system that's actually functioning correctly. Get your stress levels down again and root and what not when you have full control over your phone again :)

I'm in Norway btw, so since we're in the same time zone, i can help you out tomorrow after school/work if you need it.
    Did you do a full wipe after flashing? If not, you should've done that. Also, no reason to panic. I understand why you might be, and i've been in much worse situations than this a couple of times, but it's nothing we can't solve. It takes some effort to hard brick a Sony. It just depends on how far you're willing to go to get it up and running. The easiest way would be to just flash 290 in Flashtool and be done with it. That way you'll have a fully funtional phone again with IMEI, and you can do the rooting later on when you have a system that's actually functioning correctly. Get your stress levels down again and root and what not when you have full control over your phone again :)

I'm in Norway btw, so since we're in the same time zone, i can help you out tomorrow after school/work if you need it.

What I would do is do a flash of the FTF in my guide on downgrading the ZU/recoverinf the IMEI (parse be to [NUT]) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593918

That should give you a clean stock sony .532 firmware ready to root. To root use Bin4ry's tool linked in LordManhatton's guide, then run through the steps in [NUT]'s .290 locked BL ROM thread and the his .136 locked BL thread. This has to be done in order if you are keeping a locked BL all the way through.