[Q] AT&T - haven't gotten OTA notification still

Search This thread
G

GuestK00456

Okay, so I see all these threads with everyone saying they have the official 4.4 OTA. My mom's AT&T Moto X still hasn't gotten it…is there something wrong with her phone?

If there's not a fix, can I download the official 4.4 OTA and flash it somehow? Her phone is not rooted or unlocked, and I don't intended to do either to the phone.

JJHunterx

Mar 25, 2011
Okay, so I see all these threads with everyone saying they have the official 4.4 OTA. My mom's AT&T Moto X still hasn't gotten it…is there something wrong with her phone?

If there's not a fix, can I download the official 4.4 OTA and flash it somehow? Her phone is not rooted or unlocked, and I don't intended to do either to the phone.

4.4? or 4.4.2?

4.4.2 isn't out for the ATT locked Moto X yet.

G

GuestK00456

Either. I am still on 4.2.2.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 running agriff's i747z ROM (4.1.2)

ganasiff

Jan 6, 2014
I'm in the same situation

I retruned my moto x to carrier for a replacement(this one had all ota), and the new one doesn't receive any ota so far(1 week since this), nothing worked, Device Manager, Restoring it, Wipe Data/cache, Deleting cache from Framework google o reset the process, switched to 3g wifi,etc. What should i do?
PS: I phoned motorola and claro, they are tossing the ball beetween them

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
I retruned my moto x to carrier for a replacement(this one had all ota), and the new one doesn't receive any ota so far(1 week since this), nothing worked, Device Manager, Restoring it, Wipe Data/cache, Deleting cache from Framework google o reset the process, switched to 3g wifi,etc. What should i do?
PS: I phoned motorola and claro, they are tossing the ball beetween them

How did you restore it, factory reset? If so, you could try using RSD Lite to flash the sbf firmware for your carrier. You need the app MotorolaOTA to get the update. Maybe there is a problem with MotorolaOTA. If you froze MotorolaOTA, that is the problem.

If flashing the firmware for your carrier using RSD Lite doesn't work, it sounds like an IMEI problem with Motorola not recognizing your IMEI as being in need of the OTA. Call Motorola back and try to get to Tech Level 3. The first level are not very tech savvy. Next level is better, but not as good as Tech Level 3. You have to wait for a call back to get to Tech Level 3 or at least I did.

ganasiff

Jan 6, 2014
How did you restore it, factory reset? If so, you could try using RSD Lite to flash the sbf firmware for your carrier. You need the app MotorolaOTA to get the update. Maybe there is a problem with MotorolaOTA. If you froze MotorolaOTA, that is the problem.

If flashing the firmware for your carrier using RSD Lite doesn't work, it sounds like an IMEI problem with Motorola not recognizing your IMEI as being in need of the OTA. Call Motorola back and try to get to Tech Level 3. The first level are not very tech savvy. Next level is better, but not as good as Tech Level 3. You have to wait for a call back to get to Tech Level 3 or at least I did.

I've done that too, RSDLite flash, i think i'll go for tech level 3 supp, how do i get that? Can i ask straight forward to it?.
Thanks for the reply

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
I've done that too, RSDLite flash, i think i'll go for tech level 3 supp, how do i get that? Can i ask straight forward to it?.
Thanks for the reply
You can always ask. I had to go through Tech Level 2 before I got a call back. They are based in Texas so call during M-F 9-5 CST.

freekaspersky

Feb 17, 2014

Yes you can install RSD Lite and then "flash" ATT_XT1058_4.4-13.11.1Q2.X-69-3_CFC_1FF.xml
google the file name, download it and upzip it

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply

if rsdlite doesnt work, like when i was trying to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.2.2, try MotoXtoolkit, it worked for me

G

GuestK00456

Figured it out

Aha! When you said "freeze MotoOTA" that reminded me that I had disabled the app because it kept FCing when I got the phone. I enabled that…we'll see if it works now.