[ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720, Enjoy HD recording and H264 720p Video playback

Search This thread

ndempist

Apr 12, 2011
Yogyakarta
There really isn't any special instructions, just flash it like you should with all ROM's. RSD SBF file, root it, setup OpenRecovery and after you install Open Recovery copy over the OR file with Mioze7Ae's special OR file and boot into OR, wipe all, flash the ROM and wipe everything again, Try this though, after flashing, power off before reboot and remove the battery for 2 minutes. Then power on. It probably won't help lol, just seen it somewhere. Good luck! It is still running great for me! Wish someone could help me with themechooser though.

1. fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore this rom, wipe all again, reboot then bootloop.
2. then i tried fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, no wipe , restore rom, wipe all, reboot then bootloop.
3rd attemp fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore rom, no wipe, reboot then bootloop.
4th fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, no wipe, restore rom, no wipe, reboot then bootloop again.
5th fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore this rom, wipe all again, reboot then bootloop, turn off, remove sd card, turn on again still bootloop. :D
sometimes i saw lockscreen, try unlock it then bootlooop :D

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
1. fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore this rom, wipe all again, reboot then bootloop.
2. then i tried fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, no wipe , restore rom, wipe all, reboot then bootloop.
3rd attemp fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore rom, no wipe, reboot then bootloop.
4th fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, no wipe, restore rom, no wipe, reboot then bootloop again.
5th fresh sbf, instal OR, root it, paste Mz OR, boot into OR, wipe all, restore this rom, wipe all again, reboot then bootloop, turn off, remove sd card, turn on again still bootloop. :D
sometimes i saw lockscreen, try unlock it then bootlooop :D

WOW This is sooo weird fellers I had great luck my first time! Lol. It's making me look like an Arsehole huh? Hahaha Sorry guys I really don't know what to say. Not even sure there will be any support for this ROM anyway.

ndempist

Apr 12, 2011
Yogyakarta
WOW This is sooo weird fellers I had great luck my first time! Lol. It's making me look like an Arsehole huh? Hahaha Sorry guys I really don't know what to say. Not even sure there will be any support for this ROM anyway.

nope its okay :D glad if this rom work for you mate. :)
sometime every XT720 is not identically "same".
=======
i just remember, i'm not using mod sbf maybe thats the different afterall

Last edited:

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
I am using xt720mod sbf and still all I see are bootloops. :confused:

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Here's a quote from a thread in the general forum:

IIRC there's a system.md5 in the nandroid. In that case, nandroid should not even try to install if the download was corrupted.

So I guess we're back to square one.

I was thinking that maybe, for some of us, installing from a backup of system in nandroid is not enough. Maybe something else needs to be replaced also. :eek:

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
I'm passing the bootloop but the more surprisingly, when you boot this ROM you don't actually go true wizard where you set your account, time, etc. but you start directly with GoUglyLauncher.... Then after some reboots it starts to tell you that your SD card is ****ed up. So annoying...

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

@Liberty What was the SBF you flashed before installing this ROM? Anyone tried it with Motoroi SBF plus included fix?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I'm passing the bootloop but the more surprisingly, when you boot this ROM you don't actually go true wizard where you set your account, time, etc. but you start directly with GoUglyLauncher.... Then after some reboots it starts to tell you that your SD card is ****ed up. So annoying...

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

@Liberty What was the SBF you flashed before installing this ROM? Anyone tried it with Motoroi SBF plus included fix?

I used the CBW SBF. Here was the fix for the SDCard error

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
hi
I found this v4 update.
it will fix sdcard error and gives it a regular cm7 look.

Attachments

• hhcat-sh-YB.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 45

Inge2000

Nov 21, 2010
Hi is there any screenshot for this rom ??? is this rom in anyway better than other roms ???

Greetz :D

TIMZOZO

Jan 24, 2012
JOHANNESBURG
It's all based on opinion. It's a very good Ginger but the keyboard was far from user friendly.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
My latest trials (and errors) :D :

I tried flashing different sbf (CBW, UK, French, xt720mod) and still getting the bootloop.
I tried the v4 update (didn't think it would change anything but, you never know). It didn't change anything!!! :p

I will try the korean fix ( just to see).
I'm at a lost to understand why it works for some people and don't for others.

I'll report back if I figure anything good (or bad!). :eek:

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
My latest trials (and errors) :D :

I tried flashing different sbf (CBW, UK, French, xt720mod) and still getting the bootloop.
I tried the v4 update (did'nt think it would change anything but, you never know). It did'nt change anything!!! :p

I will try the korean fix ( just to see).
I'm at a lost to understand why it works for some people and don't for others.

I'll report back if I figure anything good (or bad!). :eek:

Did anyone try re-downloading the file? Whats a good file site to use nowadays since the 4th reich is shutting everything down? I will upload mine...

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
You can find this file in flfalcon archive files.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
I need an expert's opinion on this.

As you might know already, I keep getting bootloops when running this rom. I sometimes see the lock screen and I even was able to unlock once and open the drawer before it rebooted again, and then bootloop etc. This only happens if I remove the sdcard and then boot. With the sdcard in... Nothing but bootloops. I tried 3 sdcards, same results. I repaired the sdcards too.

Can any other user make a nandroid back up of system.img and maybe boot.img or anything that could make me boot this and upload it as a trial? I don't want a full backup that includes your data or anything like that.
Does my request make any sense or maybe it just doesn't work that way? :confused:
In case you didn't figure this out yet; I'm a newbie! But I know how to flash sbf, install rom, updates, backup and restore.

Let me know what I could try next. I'm fresh out of ideas! Except for using a hammer... On my head, not the phone. I love that phone! :D

Last edited:

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
rec0va: Did you use the korean_patch update that came with the ShenQi_V4 file?

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
modifying framework.jar works, but will be hassle to support ...

may be you can consider using the following approach ...

as MediaGalery and MotoCamera have in its AndroidManifest.xml reference to external "libraries"
Code:
    <library name="com.motorola.aui" 
            file="/system/framework/com.motorola.aui.jar"/>
    <library name="com.motorola.android.camera"
    	    file="/system/framework/com.motorola.android.camera.jar"/>
it will be easy to follow upstream, if you put the framework modifications is the above jars, instead of the framework (i have proof of concept that this works)

This way you want rely on decompiling framework, and putting all back together, e.g. it will be easy for you:)
Also if framework is odexed it can stay odexed

Then if everything is smooth, you just can "update" the upstream roms

From what I can tell this is based on fjfalcon's 2011-11-30 build and there are actually very, very minimal changes to the core framework (very similar to what we had been discussing in the other thread). I think the frameworks edits are already just about as minimal as possible.

Code:
$ diff -qr falcon/framework system/framework | sort
Files falcon/framework/android.policy.jar and system/framework/android.policy.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar and system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/framework.jar and system/framework/framework.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/framework-res.apk and system/framework/framework-res.apk differ
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.android.camera.jar
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.android.mediasync.jar
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.aui.jar

Comparing the smali of android.policy.jar and framework.jar, this is what I find*:
Code:
Files falcon/framework/android.policy/com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindow.smali and system/framework/android.policy/com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindow.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera$EventHandler.smali and system/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera$EventHandler.smali differ
Only in system/framework/framework/android/hardware: Camera$FaceDetectCallback.smali
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera.smali and system/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/view/KeyEvent.smali and system/framework/framework/android/view/KeyEvent.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/com/android/internal/R$id.smali and system/framework/framework/com/android/internal/R$id.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SmsMessage.smali and system/framework/framework/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SmsMessage.smali differ

Most of the changes are minor and should be easy/harmless to reverse to java and incorporate in the tree. The most intensive edit is to add the face detection callback.

Caveat: I have not even tried to install this ROM. I trust that it works for somebody, somewhere.

* To simplify the comparison, I preprocessed the baksmali of fjfalcon's 20111130 framework.jar and android.policy.jar using this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

find falcon -type f -name \*.smali | while read x ; do
    grep -v '\.line ' $x \
	| grep -v '\.parameter' \
	| grep -v '\.prologue' \
	| grep -v '\.local ' \
	| grep -v '\.end local ' \
	| grep -v '\.restart local ' \
	> tmp
    mv tmp $x
done

Last edited:

aman2701

Apr 27, 2011
New Delhi
about bootloop

I had successfully updated from kang 7.2 to this ROM with no boot loops (switched 3/4 times between both roms).
But after i copied the framework-res file into system/framework attached in the first post,the screen went black and now i am also getting boot loops from lock-screen.After restoring my backup while Switching back to this rom again its getting bootloops even after wiping all(cache,userdata).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Link:
    *http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/ShenqiV4-En.7z (Mirror:http://depositfiles.com/files/29g2s4ovg?redirect)
    *framework-res.apk: if you want multiple language support ( more than English and Chinese), download this file and replace the old one in /system/framework

Introduction:
    The Rom I worked on was from a Chinese forum ztphone. And by the original Rom's name I thought it might be a branch version from KANG's CM7 Rom. :) So it is good to trace back and share the Rom here. Any feedback and comments are highly appreciated!
    Highlight:
    *Moto Camera, Moto MediaGallery and Moto Videoplayer port to CM7
    *800w Camera and HD recording (1280*720) work fine
    *Smoothly 720p H264 baseline profle video play with HW decode support
    *Media button and all sensor work
    Lowlight
    *HDMI not work
    *I customized the ROM for Chinese phone. Sorry for some possible language inconvinience. Language locale was set to en_GB in build.prop for this version.

Installing Instructions
    1. Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever).Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    2. Unzip the ROM, put the folder Shenqi-V4-En to your sdcard "nandroid\openrecovery". Boot to OpenRecovery, and use "nandroid->restore" to flash.
    3. This additional step is only *required* for Korean Xt720 model. Put "Korean_Patch.zip" to sdcard "openrecovery/updates ", and update it in OpenRecovery
    So what are you thinkin Mz? Was I overstating the goodness of this ROM? You think you can work your magic to finish this baby off? LOL I was really hoping you'd give it a shot without being pushy Hahaha

It's a nice ROM. My main focus remains building ROMs from source, though (CM6, CM7). I try to study and debug and help where I can, but I'm still committed to CM6.
    Add framework-res.apk file to support multiple language. (See on 1st floor)
    Download the file, and replace the old one in /system/framework/, then you could have multiple languagne, including French in the system.
    Steps I followed

1) Flashed to CBW using RSD-LITE
    2) Rooted and Installed openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae,copied contents to SD nandroid/openrecovery
    3) Restored nadroid (ShenqiV4-En- restore all), wiped dalvik, wiped cache,wipe/format.
    4) Rebooted.

On rebooting I see the boot animation and the phone immediately reboots (like boot loop), but it does not always boot loop, sometimes I can see the lock screen and when I unlock it ,it again re-boots. Could anybody please tell me if I had missed steps in between ?

I wiped all before and after, that is the only difference I think. Everything is great for me so far! Only problem I am having is my sdcard, having trouble getting it to read to copy files. You could try repairing your sdcard before flashing, I know that is most of my issues. This ROM is freakin awesome!