[ROM][ZIP 4 CWM] Stock Acro S 6.1.A.2.55 + root + CWM with locked bootloader!

Search This thread

Desperanto86

Nov 24, 2010
Sarov
Full stock ROM 6.1.A.2.55 for Acro S with ROOT and CWM

So, its the easiest way to get last stock rom with ROOT.
Installing wintout unlocking bootloader:
  1. At first you need previous rom with ROOT and CWM.
  2. Unzip archive and flash ftf file via flashtool wintout any wipe!
  3. Copy StockRom_6.1.A.2.55+root+cwm.zip mirror on your SD Card and install via CWM. (If you want clean ROM, wipe all before installing)
  4. Done

You can change the order of steps 2 and 3

Last edited:

ccresanto

Mar 25, 2007
thank you sir for the quick reply.
just happen to browse and search it may also of help http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

will post as soon as i apply the tutorial to my phone.
im searching for firmware that would make the battery last more. and now currently testing diff custom/orig roms. thanks again

Last edited:

ccresanto

Mar 25, 2007
success installing the update firmware without loosing my data and customizations. thanks sir Desperanto86 and ngonchan

note to all that might try...without any wipe!

first thing i noticed is the app Sim Toolkit if missing but the system says its installed.

Last edited:

ashy

Jul 8, 2008
*#*#7378423#*#*

Rooting Status:
Bootloader Unlocked = Yes

means my bootloader is unlocked right?

can I still flash this ftf file via flashtool? (I heard unlocked phone must not run the OTA update... so I wonder if this has the same effect)

thanks

ashy

Jul 8, 2008
I finally buckled up my balls and proceeded with flashing this...

but I lost CWM by flashing the .ftf file (I got my CWM previously from this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834129), so eventually I guess - after replacing the kernel(?) I lose the CWM...

so I flashed that kernel with CWM by cobrato again to flash the ROM, it went well

even though I now have .55 ROM + Kernel + Root + CWM & everything, I realize that the kernel by cobrato is slightly older than the one posted by OP

cobrato's 6.1.A.2.55 Kernel Version:

3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01956-g43358ca
BuildUser@BuildHost #1
SMP PREEMPT Mon July 30 13:29:45 2012

but OP's 6.1.A.2.55 Kernel Version is:

3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01957-gc34b591
BuildUser@BuildHost #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 5 01:14:38 2012

so without hesitation, I flashed OP's .ftf file again, losing CWM but.. the kernel is newer.... :rolleyes:

ngonchan

Sep 16, 2008
Da Lat
I finally buckled up my balls and proceeded with flashing this...

but I lost CWM by flashing the .ftf file (I got my CWM previously from this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834129), so eventually I guess - after replacing the kernel(?) I lose the CWM...

so I flashed that kernel with CWM by cobrato again to flash the ROM, it went well

even though I now have .55 ROM + Kernel + Root + CWM & everything, I realize that the kernel by cobrato is slightly older than the one posted by OP

cobrato's 6.1.A.2.55 Kernel Version:

3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01956-g43358ca
BuildUser@BuildHost #1
SMP PREEMPT Mon July 30 13:29:45 2012

but OP's 6.1.A.2.55 Kernel Version is:

3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01957-gc34b591
BuildUser@BuildHost #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 5 01:14:38 2012

so without hesitation, I flashed OP's .ftf file again, losing CWM but.. the kernel is newer.... :rolleyes:

I started with stock 6.A.2.45 with root and CWM, flashed the OP's ftf file without any wipe and CWM still there, then apply the zip and done!

Desperanto86

Nov 24, 2010
Sarov
ashy, you have CMW in kernel...when you flash ftf file you flash stock kernel and lose CWM. My way for people with locked boot + stock kernel and CMW in ROM!
ngonchan, you have CWM in ROM and don't lose it :)

Reactions: ngonchan

ashy

Jul 8, 2008
ashy, you have CMW in kernel...when you flash ftf file you flash stock kernel and lose CWM. My way for people with locked boot + stock kernel and CMW in ROM!
ngonchan, you have CWM in ROM and don't lose it :)
I see! thanks for enlightening! but ermm... can you please share the link to ROM-based CWM? so far I've only seen kernel-based ones...

I suppose I can still flash one to this current ROM right? :rolleyes:

thanks again :)

Desperanto86

Nov 24, 2010
Sarov
I see! thanks for enlightening! but ermm... can you please share the link to ROM-based CWM? so far I've only seen kernel-based ones...

I suppose I can still flash one to this current ROM right? :rolleyes:

thanks again :)

Just at first flash ROM via CWM, then flash ftf :) And you'll get stock kernel and CWM in ROM

ashy

Jul 8, 2008
Just at first flash ROM via CWM, then flash ftf :) And you'll get stock kernel and CWM in ROM
you mean CWM is actually included in this ROM? :confused:

I went like this:

stock .45 ROM -> cobrato's older .55 kernel (w/ CWM) -> your newer .55 kernel (realize CWM is gone) -> cobrato's older .55 kernel (get CWM back) -> .55 ROM (full wipe) -> your newer .55 kernel...

but I still don't get CWM... (no bluelight on startup and tapping touchscreen didn't get me into recovery..)

thanks again for your help

Desperanto86

Nov 24, 2010
Sarov
you mean CWM is actually included in this ROM? :confused:

I went like this:

stock .45 ROM -> cobrato's older .55 kernel (w/ CWM) -> your newer .55 kernel (realize CWM is gone) -> cobrato's older .55 kernel (get CWM back) -> .55 ROM (full wipe) -> your newer .55 kernel...

but I still don't get CWM... (no bluelight on startup and tapping touchscreen didn't get me into recovery..)

thanks again for your help
if you have unlocked bootloader why you don't use root via cwm?
In my rom cwm already included. Many people tested it.
You should have stock kernel + stock rom .45 or .50 with root and cwm. Flash my rom via cwm and then flash new stock kernel and basaband. Or at first flash kernel and baseband and then flash my rom. And full wipe BEFORE installing ROM not AFTER!!! Go to CWM, FULL wipe and right flash rom

ashy

Jul 8, 2008
if you have unlocked bootloader why you don't use root via cwm?
In my rom cwm already included. Many people tested it.
You should have stock kernel + stock rom .45 or .50 with root and cwm. Flash my rom via cwm and then flash new stock kernel and basaband. Or at first flash kernel and baseband and then flash my rom. And full wipe BEFORE installing ROM not AFTER!!! Go to CWM, FULL wipe and right flash rom
I want to try .55 ROM, but having unlocked bootloader - PC companion will not let me update... so I have to do it this way...

umm... is your method of getting into recovery the same as others? (tapping screen at sony logo?) weird... it didn't seem to work for me...

I forgot whether I wipe before or after installing the ROM :eek: could it be the reason? :(

edit: I just found this https://www.box.com/s/qel8x02wx89uqs2tqgk2 and got the CWM back... thanks again for all your helps! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts