HTC Dev Unlock Works on Verizon HTC One - UPDATE: No Longer Works

Search This thread

overlord727

Jul 18, 2011
Columbia, MD
Will that work? If I went out and bought an HTC One today, could I just use someone else's unlock code?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

No it wouldn't work like that. I forgot to say that I sent him the code because he wants to compare some peoples codes via a Hex Editor or something. If you try to use someone else's unlock code, it won't work.

calebspronk

May 7, 2011
If I can do something to help

I was one of the guys who unlocked the bootloader before the crackdown based on this thread saying it wouldn't take Verizon long to block it. If there's something I could do to help (as long as I won't be under too much risk of bricking my shiny new phone), don't hesitate to tell me what to do. Also, if there's a bounty anywhere for full S-Off, I'd be more than happy to pitch in. I just want to make sure this device won't be ignored by the hacking community now that the HTC Dev Unlock no longer works.

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
Will that work? If I went out and bought an HTC One today, could I just use someone else's unlock code?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

No - that code is somehow tied to your unique device ID

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I was one of the guys who unlocked the bootloader before the crackdown based on this thread saying it wouldn't take Verizon long to block it. If there's something I could do to help (as long as I won't be under too much risk of bricking my shiny new phone), don't hesitate to tell me what to do. Also, if there's a bounty anywhere for full S-Off, I'd be more than happy to pitch in. I just want to make sure this device won't be ignored by the hacking community now that the HTC Dev Unlock no longer works.

+1 here as well

woznet

Jan 23, 2011
DC
I dont really know if this is something that will work or not but I thought it was worth getting a few other peoples opinions. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow edit the Unlock_Code.bin file that people got from the HTCdev site before it was locked down, if we can find a way to edit that file to work with another device we can continue to unlock devices.

The thread for this idea in the Q&A Section - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2417135

Nov 21, 2012
I dont really know if this is something that will work or not but I thought it was worth getting a few other peoples opinions. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow edit the Unlock_Code.bin file that people got from the HTCdev site before it was locked down, if we can find a way to edit that file to work with another device we can continue to unlock devices.

The thread for this idea in the Q&A Section - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2417135

I think the file is signed with HTC's private key which is why it is flashable... otherwise we could just flash anything :) if you edit it the signature is altered

twelvefiftyone

Aug 23, 2013
Jersey City
Thanks to all the hard work from the devevlopers over the past 24 hours. I also was able to unlock mine immediately after picking it up. I also flashed CWM recovery and have root. The debloat script worked like a charm as well. :good:

Really surprised to see HTC/Verizon reacted and locked it down as fast as they did. I understand it is being blocked on HTCdev but I am imagine someone at Verizon was frantically calling them just a couple hours into launch day screaming at them to block the tool.

Reactions: azndan2

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Thanks to all the hard work from the devevlopers over the past 24 hours. I also was able to unlock mine immediately after picking it up. I also flashed CWM recovery and have root. The debloat script worked like a charm as well. :good:

Bragger! :p

Now I'm sad.. I was gonna unlock at work right when I got it and decided to wait until I got home. Boo to me..

simo24

Aug 31, 2010
I was able to get unlocked and rooted yesterday before VZW dropped the hammer. Let me know if/how I can be of assistance.

Reactions: azndan2

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
Wow what a bunch of jerks at Verizon. Anyway, I'm fully unlocked, rooted, and have previous S-Off user experience with the GSM HTC One, so if there is any progress I'm more than happy to test any methods that aren't fully guaranteed to hardbrick the phone lol.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
If root is still possible,...
Has anyone tried editing the build.prop to reflect the model of a GSM HTC One that can unlocked via the site? Simple tricks that like have often yielded favorable results.

I want to buy this phone today,... if I know it can be unlocked.

slaya786

Dec 22, 2007
I was in the process of ordering the phone through Verizon, and I paused to find the post with the 30% off coupon code. I'm happy I seen this because i'll have to hold off on my upgrade now..

This sucks..:crying:

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Verizon and HTC are run by a bunch of idiots. Can't believe they locked it so fast.

I have an unlocked one, please let me know if I can be of assistance.

reggie14

May 29, 2010
Well, now I'm not getting an HTC One.

I almost went to the store yesterday to get one, but I didn't really want to end up in a situation where I get a phone that later is not unlockable. It's not uncommon for me to need a replacement phone once during my contract. I was worried this tool would get killed right away and I wouldn't be able to unlock the replacement.

I hate Verizon. I wouldn't be on it if my wife didn't essentially need to be on Verizon. Maybe I'll bail off our family plan and switch to AT&T.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to let you guys know I might have found something.

I am PMing some other devs to get some help.
    I really feel for you all. Took a stance that maybe gets some notice.
    8vncUkG.png
    Just letting everyone know that you can htc dev unlock your device. Just tested it on a person's device and it worked fine. Going to post a system image and boot.img to the development forum soon so look forward to that :p
    I really do not know how to say this but just say it...

I get that you're upset, but you have to realize that the amount of people who actually care about this stuff, the development community, is a TINY, TINY part of carriers customers. I mean look at XDA. It has 5 million users according to the front page... Well, Verizon alone has over 110 million customers.

We are just a teeny, tiny part of Verizon's customer base. Nothing is going to change, because the very large majority of cell phone owners don't care about unlocked boot loaders or s-off or ROMs or anything like that.