[Q] converting i537 from ATT to Tmobile issues

Search This thread

tjf1

Nov 21, 2013
My current biggest problem with mod'n the i537 is primarily with my objective to convert it to a TMobile master piece.

Speak up IF anyone has done this successfully please. It is challenging because....

1) I have yet to find a version of SafeStrap or other similar program to assist in the ROM install that states it is compatible on i537 running 4.2.2

2) I have not found a thread confirming that there is a stable TMobile ROM tested on the i537 active

please chime in if you have any experience with these objectives. I would like to get this phone working at it's full potential ASAP.

My current biggest problem with mod'n the i537 is primarily with my objective to convert it to a TMobile master piece.

Speak up IF anyone has done this successfully please. It is challenging because....

1) I have yet to find a version of SafeStrap or other similar program to assist in the ROM install that states it is compatible on i537 running 4.2.2

2) I have not found a thread confirming that there is a stable TMobile ROM tested on the i537 active

please chime in if you have any experience with these objectives. I would like to get this phone working at it's full potential ASAP.

Start with this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2441211

tjf1

Nov 21, 2013
what @Devo7v said, that method works for 4.2.2 and if you do upgrade to 4.3 you can follow this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721726. I personally still am on Tmo and using the 4.2.2 method cause I don't wanna redo everything unless I update to 4.4.2 which as of now doesn't exactly have anything to change the QCN. ;[

I am convinced there is NO WAY to get ALL TMobile services to work on the i537 active. There is a rumor that it may be possible on the international i9295 Active BUT it does not have the LTE 4g receiver frequency!!!
No one seems to have successfully restored wifi calling and tethering on a TMobi ROM on the i537 active so I am selling mine back to an ATT customer and picking up a TMobi s5 or standard s4.