The new HTC Sense - is it coming to Desire ?

Search This thread

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
HTC guys just announced the brand new Sense update with cloud sync, remote wipe, Maps caching and other just completely awesome stuff for the HD and the Z. Can we hope for it on our devices? Post your opinions!

What's New in HTC Sense for Android?

UPDATE: Thanks to xmoo we already have a system dump of the new sense which will be on HTC Desire Z and Desire HD
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=785057

UPDATE 2: "there is no final decision" for Desire/Legend, no cake for Hero users

Last edited by a moderator:

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Update: HTC Russia says that it needs some things on Android side, but the whole tweet looks more "yes" than "no". Can we expect future updates? Watch this thread :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Th0rAnum

Feb 6, 2009
I would really like to be able to use Sense in landscape like on the HTC Desire Z! Takes for ever now to enter a new wifi access point.

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
No word from @HTC_Ru. Maybe you should ask your local dept?

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Htc said at the news thing today that it should be coming to our desires too

(seen as the desire is higher spec device than the desire Z (desire Z runs at 800mhz)

I have been investigating this "super fast boot" feature in new sense.

for those that have not seen it, it boots in literally about 2 seconds.

I believe this is due to the phone will never "turn off" properly, like blackberries, it will just go into a hibernation like state that can be easily woken back up.

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London

I believe this is due to the phone will never "turn off" properly, like blackberries, it will just go into a hibernation like state that can be easily woken back up.

Yeah, a two second boot isn't possible under Android unless it's just doing a suspend to RAM. It means the battery will drain faster when 'off'.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Htc said at the news thing today that it should be coming to our desires too

(seen as the desire is higher spec device than the desire Z (desire Z runs at 800mhz)

did HTC really confirm the sense update is coming to our Desires? one thing im thinking about both the Z and HD have internal 1.5ROM...:confused: so im the new sense might not leave us with much free internal storage

i'm not worried about performance Z has 800mhz + 512RAM

just the storage issue might make it impossible...but it's nothing XDA members can't solve

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
did HTC really confirm the sense update is coming to our Desires? one thing im thinking about both the Z and HD have internal 1.5ROM...:confused: so im the new sense might not leave us with much free internal storage

just the storage issue might make it impossible...but it's nothing XDA members can't solve

We have a2sd, and guess data2sd is also possible, so that shouldn't be a problem.

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Update 2: HTC Russia says that "there is no final decision yet" for the Desire and the Legend, no cake for Hero users

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England

yeah we should be able to "port" it if it came to that, but I am sure it will come officially....eventually.....

iang123

Dec 30, 2009
Ah bollocks here we go again a will they won't they thread with a thousand different answers from different HTC script readers/call centre staff..

Top Liked Posts