[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

Whitehawkx

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
Replacing the build.prop fixed everything...love this rom.....build 28 is nice

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Good to hear. Like I said, this SHOULD have been fixed... it will be next release (and hopefully will be fixed and uploaded to aokp.co later as well for this build). CM was very specific with locking the ril down on this phone unfortunately.

Reactions: stephenju

stephenju

Mar 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Good to hear. Like I said, this SHOULD have been fixed... it will be next release (and hopefully will be fixed and uploaded to aokp.co later as well for this build). CM was very specific with locking the ril down on this phone unfortunately.

I did a diff on the 2 build.prop and the only meaningful difference between the two in addition to modvrsion is
Code:
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
Is it correct?

And a dumb question: Is RIL part of the ROM? I've always thought it's part of the base band.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Here is a quick fix if you dont feel like swapping build.prop. Do the following exactly...

remove
ro.modversion=blahblah

add to the bottom of the build.prop
ro.cm.device=p999
ro.cm.version=9.0.0-aokp

the lines added have to be exactly like i posted. This is how I corrected the ril issues in the first place besides whitey adding some important commits to source.

Whitehawkx

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
Here is a quick fix if you dont feel like swapping build.prop. Do the following exactly...

remove
ro.modversion=blahblah

add to the bottom of the build.prop
ro.cm.device=p999
ro.cm.version=9.0.0-aokp

the lines added have to be exactly like i posted. This is how I corrected the ril issues in the first place besides whitey adding some important commits to source.

The stuff to add is already present homie. :p It's just a matter of removing the modversion portion.

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T

So GetRIL app wont work on this rom (or other ICS roms)?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

also, has anyone tried Trinity's CM9 kernel on this rom?

If so, how well does it work? Does it give the correct battery reading %?

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
So GetRIL app wont work on this rom (or other ICS roms)?

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

also, has anyone tried Trinity's CM9 kernel on this rom?

If so, how well does it work? Does it give the correct battery reading %?

Yes, the CM9 kernel works, and it works well. GetRIL will work with that fix I believe, but it will work on all the other ICS ROMs without because they others are all CM9 (until doniqcc finishes his AOSP).

Sent from Narnia

os91

Apr 3, 2010
I have been using this ROM since you first released it glad to see you port AOKP to the G2x, missed you WhiteHawk. I only ran into a couple of issues when my browser closes but other than that smooth and my favorite ROM.
I read your FAQ and just wanted to throw a couple things that I think would be interesting if introduced to the ROM if other people agree maybe you can add it?

For the Notification toggles if you could have a page like in MIUI that you can swipe left or right. I know you have many other options I really like the options you offer and I am currently using the regular layout with the auto hide icons and love it.

Also if you can add moar togglez. The following link has some of the options but if these were available within ROM control it would be great. I like running the phone close to stock so I don't run into issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

Music controls don't show up when I use Pandora or other music players. I feel like this was give and take depending which ROMs I used. If you could implement this it would really help.

For the Powersave mode from your ROM control is it possible to add an "exception tab". If I try to stream Pandora or Google Music it shuts off because the internet goes off with the screen.

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
Just as a follow up, after the build.prop edit, everything works as expected. Including battery % and radio/data.

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
Plus in 28 the performance option is accessible.... and there is a new option...start up tweaks.....lovin this rom...def the most complete ics rom available for our phones

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
I just used root explorer...extracted build.prop from m4....extracted build 28.zip copied and pasted m4 buld.prop. re zipped build 28 and presto chango....flashed and done...5 min all on the phone

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
OK. So either way works but both are done on the phone. I had opened the file in notepad but there are no line breaks or anything. Just one long line, didn't want to hose the file

What is diff about this rom over the others like Hellfire or eagles blood?

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
OK. So either way works but both are done on the phone. I had opened the file in notepad but there are no line breaks or anything. Just one long line, didn't want to hose the file

What is diff about this rom over the others like Hellfire or eagles blood?

This is AOKP, those are CM9.

I hope you didn't flash this over one of those without wiping.

....and let the flaming begin.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

For the Powersave mode from your ROM control is it possible to add an "exception tab". If I try to stream Pandora or Google Music it shuts off because the internet goes off with the screen.

Juice Defender plus does that, but it's 1.99$

Reactions: os91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just in case...
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix. It's why I use cyanogenmod so that I don't deal with these kinds of problems.

I'm heading back to hellfire sandwich 1.3.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean "customized the settings app?" It's stock with the exception of a new spot added for Rom Control.

Why include two launchers? To please everyone... lol. I personally use Nova. It has way more options than anything I've used.

The galaxy live wallpaper? That wallpaper does not come on stock ICS. I know because I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is not CM. This is not a CM9 kang. This is AOKP which is completely different. I used the device and vendor trees from CM so that stuff like data/cell/etc will work. As far as the rom and features it is 110% DIFFERENT. So restoring anything is not a good idea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix.

MUST. RESIST. BAN.
    Ok guys and gals... OP UPDATED!

Data and cell both work.
    90% of Rom Control should be working now
    BROWSER STILL BROKE - 3RD PARTY BROWSERS WORK FINE
    VIDEO RECORDING BROKE - there's an app you can download though for this

And of course, please do a CLEAN INSTALL (wipe data)

This is the last build that will be uploaded to 4shared. All future builds will be posted on for download on goo-inside.me and will be downloadable here - http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases

And yes, you can expect this to get updated from here on out every time we release a new build of AOKP. :)

Enjoy!