Re-rooting 4.4 XT1053

Search This thread

theremix

Apr 24, 2010
I have an unlocked/t-mobile Moto X on 4.2.2 right now. Below is the timeline on how I got to that version.

1)Phone came with 4.4, so I rooted using dray_jr's guide here. Everything was working fine for 3 months

2)Yesterday, all of a sudden, my phone started giving me various issues like data turns off when I turn off my wifi, then after couple hours, only EDGE would work (No LTE). So I decided to factory reset my phone and re-root it.

3)So, again using Dray_jr's guide, I reflashed 4.2.2 CU using mfastboot, took the OTA to 4.4 and tried to root it again using mfastboot. But when I try to run RockMyMoto for 4.2.2 root exploit, it says that write protection is not enabled and the process stops there. I know that because I was already rooted once and disabled write protection using MotoWpNoMo, my phone has still write protection disabled.

So right now I am on 4.2.2 CU. I don't know how can I re-root it since the 4.2.2. root exploit won't work anymore. Can anyone please shed light here on how can I proceed? I would prefer to keep my bootloader locked for warranty purposes, but if I absolutely have to,then I don't mind unlocking my bootloader either.

Thanks a lot!

frenchie007

Jan 27, 2011
I have an unlocked/t-mobile Moto X on 4.2.2 right now. Below is the timeline on how I got to that version.

1)Phone came with 4.4, so I rooted using dray_jr's guide here. Everything was working fine for 3 months

2)Yesterday, all of a sudden, my phone started giving me various issues like data turns off when I turn off my wifi, then after couple hours, only EDGE would work (No LTE). So I decided to factory reset my phone and re-root it.

3)So, again using Dray_jr's guide, I reflashed 4.2.2 CU using mfastboot, took the OTA to 4.4 and tried to root it again using mfastboot. But when I try to run RockMyMoto for 4.2.2 root exploit, it says that write protection is not enabled and the process stops there. I know that because I was already rooted once and disabled write protection using MotoWpNoMo, my phone has still write protection disabled.

So right now I am on 4.2.2 CU. I don't know how can I re-root it since the 4.2.2. root exploit won't work anymore. Can anyone please shed light here on how can I proceed? I would prefer to keep my bootloader locked for warranty purposes, but if I absolutely have to,then I don't mind unlocking my bootloader either.

Thanks a lot!

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but here's what I understand:

RockMyMoto is used to root 4.2.2 in order to be able to run MotoWpNoMo. since you already have write protection disabled, RockMyMoto is useless for you. so just skip that step and go directly to SlapMyMoto. just be careful NOT to take the 4.4.2 update!

Reactions: theremix

theremix

Apr 24, 2010

RockMyMoto is used to root 4.2.2 in order to be able to run MotoWpNoMo. since you already have write protection disabled, RockMyMoto is useless for you. so just skip that step and go directly to SlapMyMoto. just be careful NOT to take the 4.4.2 update!

Perfect, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a lot!