[Q] P3100 can't make or receive calls after official update. What to do?

Search This thread

Win_Killer

Apr 13, 2011
The provider specific SIM menu is available, but the tablet shows no signal. Even when it shows one, the signal disappears the moment I try to make a call or am about to receive one. The caller can still hear ringing while the tablet lists the call as missed call.

My father's Galaxy Tab 2 7" automatically tried updating through wifi but failed (I presume), and the SIM functions stopped working.

After many attempts I updated it through OTA to the latest firmware, shown as PDA:NA3 / PHONE:LK1 / CSC:NB1 (INU) in Kies, and the Android version was listed as 4.1.2., but the problem persisted.

I tried to wipe cache. It didn't sort the problem.

Then I Installed CWM 6.0.7 and Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2) using this tutorial: wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_p3100

Still it can't make or receive calls.
Baseband version is listed as p3100ddclk1

What to do?
Is this a hardware or firmware problem?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5402212

Hey brother,
Even I am facing the same order on my tab but in a different way. I can recieve signal for the carrier Tata Docomo but other carrier are showing any sign of life
But sometimes while on tata docomo , I lost signals while using data or when I got a call. And one more thing, I was on a trip to a hill station and there I was getting signals from Vodafone perfectly (my main service provider). But when I came back from there I ain't receiving any peice of signals from vodafone and Docomo is working as usual with few network losses during the day.

PS.- I ain't received any solution yet, still sticking up with that problem.
PPS.- The tab I brought is in used condition with the fact that the tab has that problem in it. :D (I need not to pay much lol)

Btw I think if we can flash new firmware (official) with odin with modem file, It may sokve our problem. TRY FLASHING FIRMWARE, I cant as I am low on speed :(

Last edited by a moderator:

asraf5285

Jan 6, 2013
LG V50 ThinQ
Hey brother,
Even I am facing the same order on my tab but in a different way. I can recieve signal for the carrier Tata Docomo but other carrier are showing any sign of life
But sometimes while on tata docomo , I lost signals while using data or when I got a call. And one more thing, I was on a trip to a hill station and there I was getting signals from Vodafone perfectly (my main service provider). But when I came back from there I ain't receiving any peice of signals from vodafone and Docomo is working as usual with few network losses during the day.

PS.- I ain't received any solution yet, still sticking up with that problem.
PPS.- The tab I brought is in used condition with the fact that the tab has that problem in it. :D (I need not to pay much lol)

Btw I think if we can flash new firmware (official) with odin with modem file, It may sokve our problem. TRY FLASHING FIRMWARE, I cant as I am low on speed :(
@xanubhavx Where can I download the modem file for P3100?

D

Deleted member 5402212

@xanubhavx Where can I download the modem file for P3100?
I am not sure about the Model file alone but you can download whole firmware from sammobile.com, they have firmware of all Samsung devices region wise, just login to enjoy better speed.
Hope this helps. :)