Problem sending emails

Search This thread

Acaibowl

Oct 2, 2013
Seattle
I use Yahoo mail and it's configured on the stock mail app. Sometimes I get a notification that says the email has failed to send.
I try to resend it but it doesn't work.
The solutions:
1- Turn on WiFi.
2- Turn Airplane Mode on and off. By doing this it seems that I "wake up" T-Mobile data conection.

I had problems with Yahoo Mail in the past where I could not log in when using T-Mobile's data but it worked fine when using Wifi.
Using Yahoo Mail app worked flawlessly on both Wifi or carrier's data.

I am wondering if it's an Yahoo thing or it's the mail app or T-Mobile.
Is anyone having the same problem ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

May 24, 2014
NYC, NY
I use Yahoo mail and it's configured on the stock mail app. Sometimes I get a notification that says the email has failed to send.
I try to resend it but it doesn't work.
The solutions:
1- Turn on WiFi.
2- Turn Airplane Mode on and off. By doing this it seems that I "wake up" T-Mobile data conection.

I had problems with Yahoo Mail in the past where I could not log in when using T-Mobile's data but it worked fine when using Wifi.
Using Yahoo Mail app worked flawlessly on both Wifi or carrier's data.

I am wondering if it's an Yahoo thing or it's the mail app or T-Mobile.
Is anyone having the same problem ?

It's a data problem. LOTS of us are having it.
We're losing data connection so emails, texts, internet connection,etc. are all affected, unfortunately. Have you upgraded to NE6? Supposedly that helps some people but it hasn't helped me.

bubblebuddyi

Jul 3, 2008
I had this issue, it has to do with the POP settings. Don't do this, but this is what happened.

I couldn't send emails, I removed my email account and attempted to add it again, failed horribly. Wouldn't let me, kept saying unsafe connection. So I entered in the POP3 settings manually, and suddenly all my folders created disappeared, leaving me with just inbox and sent. It mixed all my spam in with my real mail, which was a horrible experience.

Then I changed the settings to IMAP. Fixed it and works perfectly now.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/imap-server-settings-sln4075.html

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Acaibowl

Oct 2, 2013
Seattle
I had this issue, it has to do with the POP settings. Don't do this, but this is what happened.

I couldn't send emails, I removed my email account and attempted to add it again, failed horribly. Wouldn't let me, kept saying unsafe connection. So I entered in the POP3 settings manually, and suddenly all my folders created disappeared, leaving me with just inbox and sent. It mixed all my spam in with my real mail, which was a horrible experience.

Then I changed the settings to IMAP. Fixed it and works perfectly now.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/imap-server-settings-sln4075.html

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Dude, nobody uses POP. The problems I described was using IMAP.